• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(76495)

Resident Iranien Fanatic
May 18, 2007
The Conspiracy Within

Freemason.jpg

The catacombs below Paris are abandoned, and no man has walked along its skull covered hallways for centuries. Thats at least what most people think. Another thing that most people think is that the western world, is governed by governments elected by its people. Only crackpots, loonies and other crazies believe otherwise. In this case however, they are absolutely right. The world is governed by 14 people, who meet once every three months in the catacombs below Paris to discuss the future of the world. These people are the upper reaches of the Freemasons. A secret society that controls the world from the shadows, without people even realising that they live in total tyranny. You are one of its members, and you have come to this meeting. You know not the true identities of the others, only nicknames that are obviously not real names. They could be anyone! Perhaps a well known celebrity, a high-profile politician or perhaps even someone utterly unknown!?

You have entered the chambers where deliberations will happen and the door has been shut. Noone can enter and noone can leave for 7 days.

Could anything possibly go wrong?​

SETUP:
There will be 14 players, no more, no less. Roles will be handed out after #14 signs up.
The game will then proceed to the First Day.

The Roles
1 Freemason Master - An unofficial leader of the freemasons. Every night he may detect whether a player is a freemason or a conspirator. How he does this is one of the free masons highest secrets.
4 Conspirators - What they want is unknown. Who they are is unknown. What is known is that they mean to kill you.
9 Freemasons - Totally innocent people who just want to rule the world.

Deadline: 22:00 CET – The time is 20:00 CET at the posting of this thread.

Any votes received at the time of the deadline or after will NOT be counted whether I have closed voting or not. So timestamp with 21.59 is accepted, 22.00 is not

Game starts with a DAY deadline.

Various rules:
§1. You sign up for the game by requesting so in a post in this thread.
§2a. No new players will be admitted into the game once it has started, unless substituting for a current player.
§2b. Players who have been subbed due to failure to participate may not sub for others.
§3. You are responsible for keeping your private message inbox empty enough to receive private messages. You are yourself responsible for any messages missed due to your inbox being full.

§4a. Orders not delivered on time are IGNORED.
§4b. NOT VOTING means REPLACEMENT OR EVEN DEATH, IMMEDIATELY. The granting of any "grace period" or forgiveness for late votes is entirely up to the GM.
§4c. Invalid votes (like voting for the GM, voting for dead people etc.) are treated like no vote is made. The GM has the final say in all matters.
Note: voting for one's self is allowed.

§5a. SPECTATORS AND GHOSTS MAY HAUNT, TAUNT AND FLAUNT, BUT NEVER SUGGEST ANY COURSE OF ACTION NOR REVEAL ANY SECRET/INSIDE INFORMATION. ANYONE CAUGHT DOING IT WILL BE *PERMANENTLY* BANNED FROM PARTICIPATION. NO EXCUSES ARE VALID.
§5b. When doing ghost/spectator commentary, please use a non-white colour.

§6 Alliances which aren't based on your roles in the game between players are forbidden. These alliances which continue from one game to another undermine the whole idea of the game.

§7 Voting must be done in the following way. Write "VOTE" and the person you are voting for in bold text. For example.
VOTE X
If you wish to unvote someone, write "UNVOTE":
UNVOTE X, VOTE Y
Capital letters are optional. Any other type of voting is counted as no vote and will make you eligble for subbing. Spelling errors are subject to oversight. In case of revoting without unvoting the original vote will be the counted vote.

§7 Don't trust anyone!

Important game change
Wolf Hunting Ability
In this game wolfs will NOT know the identity of the other wolfs at game start and hunting will be handled differently. Each night every wolf alive will send me the names of 3 unique players. I will compile these names as though they were votes, the vote rules with regards to invalid votes will apply. If there is a winner, then he will be hunted. In case of a tie, a random die roll will determine the winner. The winner can be a wolf. Failing to send in the correct number of valid names will result in the addition/subtraction of random names until the correct number is reached. A wolfs votes for night hunt will apply even if he is lynched that day.

When the player pool decrease to 6 players or less, then wolfs shall send me 2 and not 3 names.

Wolf Scanning Ability
Wolfs now have a partial scanning ability. Each night every wolf may send in a scan order. Once two wolfs have scanned each other, then they will receive a PM informing them of the others identity. This partial scan ability won't allow wolfs to ping the seer.

Player List
1. OrangeYoshi as Capt. Kirk was lynched on day 2 (villager)
2. the_hdk as Cartman was hunted on night 2 (villager)
3. okyriosy as Doctor Adamadios Papadiamadopoulos is a winner (wolf)
4. von Loch Ness as Silvio Berlusconi was hunted on night 1 (villager)
5. dublish as Landslide Lyndon survived until the final day, but lost (villager)
6. Capibara is a winner (wolf)
7. jonti-h is a winner (wolf)

8. Nautilu was hunted with 3 votes on night 3 (villager)
9. the_split is a winner (wolf)
10. Jensthemens survived until the final day, but lost (seer)
11. marty99 was lynched on day 3 (seer)
12. humancalculator As George Dubya survived until the final day, but lost (villager)
13. Lord Strange as the Strange Lord survived until the final day, but lost (villager)

14. snoopdogg was lynched on day 1 (villager)

A "reserved" spot will be unreserved if the player haven't joined the game within 18 hours.

Sub List
1. Snow White as Elvis
2. Llywelyn​

Last edited:
In this game wolfs will be know the identity of the other wolfs at game start and hunting will be handled differently. Each night every wolf alive will send me the names of 3 unique players. I will compile these names as though they were votes, the vote rules with regards to invalid votes will apply. If there is a winner, then he will be hunted. In case of a tie, a random die roll will determine the winner. The winner can be a wolf. Failing to send in the correct number of valid names will result in the addition/subtraction of random names until the correct number is reached. A wolfs votes for night hunt will apply even if he is lynched that day.

Shouldn't that be "In this game wolfs will NOT know the identity of the other wolfs at game start "? :)

Shouldn't that be "In this game wolfs will NOT know the identity of the other wolfs at game start "? :)
Correctified! :)

In

Edit: Just for the record, please don't make me a wolf. I've been one twice in a row now, and I would hate to be one again in a game which looks like it's going to be a walkover for the goodies.

Edit: Just for the record, please don't make me a wolf. I've been one twice in a row now, and I would hate to be one again in a game which looks like it's going to be a walkover for the goodies.
I shall look sternly at the die when I throw for your role, that is all I can do to help your wish. Ohh and thanks for telling me you think the setup is likely to be a complete walkover in good time before I start the game, so I can potentially rebalance the game ;)

Just for the record. I think its fairly balanced, but as always. The outcome depends as much on the skill and activity of the players as it does on the setup.

Looks interesting. In as Landslide Lyndon. :D

225px-37_Lyndon_Johnson_3x4.jpg

In

IN!

As George Dubya.

george-w-bush-1.jpg

IN! as Lord Strange, the Strange Lord.
7th_Duke_of_Atholl.png