• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jonti-h

Evil overlord
7 Badges
Jun 21, 2006
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • 500k Club
Previous games

Werewolf Lite CXVI: The Hunt For the Red October

typhoon1.jpg

Marko Ramius, a Lithuanian, is captain of the Soviet Navy's newest Typhoon-class ballistic missile submarine, the Red October, equipped with a revolutionary silent propulsion system known as a caterpillar drive. A naval veteran with nearly 40 years of experience, he is considered the best officer in the Soviet Navy, has taken out the lead boat for each new submarine class, has trained most of the officer corps, and has good political connections via his late wife. At the start of the movie, he is shown taking the boat out to sea, ostensibly for its first exercise with other units of the Russian Fleet. The captain, however, has another plan—to navigate the submarine to the coast of America in order to defect, as he considers the Red October to be a first-strike weapon that cannot be left in the hands of the Soviets.

RULES:
There will be seventeen (17) players. Special Roles will be handed out after the seventeenth person signs up.

The game begins with a DAY deadline. i.e. you lynch someone.

Victory Conditions:
Ramius and his allies win when the Loyal Communists are defeated.
The Loyal Communists win if they gain parity with Ramius and his allies - at which point they return to the Motherland.

THE ROLES:
1X – Counterintelligence Agent (SEER): Able to investigate the background of members of the crew (once per night)
4X – Loyal Communists (WEREWOLVES): Devotedly loyal to the Motherland and the General Secretary, they seek to prevent Ramius defecting.
12X – Defectors (VILLAGERS): People who are disillusioned with the Soviet Union and distrust what they would do with the "invisible" submarine.

DEADLINE FOR VOTES IS 20:00 GMT
A vote posted at 19:59 will count. One posted at 20:00 will NOT!
Voting ends at deadline even if game moderator is elsewhere!

OTHER RULES
§1A. - You sign up to the game by requesting so in a post in this thread.
§1B. - No new players will be admitted after the game has started, EXCEPT if substituting for another player.
§1C. - You may at any time be substituted out by requesting so in the thread. Players who are going to be absent are encouraged to do this!
§1D. - Players are responsible for any Private Messages (PMs) missed due to inbox being full.

§2. - Orders and votes submitted after deadline are ignored.

§3A. – Players will vote daily. Should they not vote, THEY WILL BE REPLACED. There will be no exceptions unless the Game Moderator states otherwise.
§3B. – Invalid votes (Voting for Game Moderator/Ghosts) will not be accepted.
§3C. – In the event of a TIE, ALL players will be executed.

§4A. - SPECTATORS AND GHOSTS MAY HAUNT, TAUNT AND FLAUNT, BUT NEVER SUGGEST ANY COURSE OF ACTION OR REVEAL ANY INFORMATION. ANY ACTION WHICH CAN AFFECT TO THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME IS FORBIDDEN. ANYONE CAUGHT DOING IT WILL BE *PERMANENTLY* BANNED FROM PARTICIPATION. NO EXCUSES ARE VALID.
§4B. - When doing ghost/spectator commentary, please use a non-white colour.

§5. - Alliances, feuds and rivalries which aren't based on your characters or roles in the game between players are forbidden. Alliances which continue from one game to another undermine the whole idea of the game.

§6A. – The Game Moderator has the last word on all matters, and is always right.
§6B. – If the Game Moderator makes a mistake (e.g. with the vote count, hunt orders), if critical information has been revealed, the mistake will be kept.

§7A. – Forging PMs is allowed. Screenshots of PMs is not.
§7B. - Posting, forwarding or quoting of PMs from the GM is explicitly forbidden - real or forged - as is quoting sections of one or making reference to the contents of one.

§8. – Voting must be done in the following way. Write "VOTE" and the person you are voting for in large text. For example:

VOTE X

If you wish to un-vote someone, write "UNVOTE":

UNVOTE X, VOTE Y

Any other type of voting is counted as no vote and will make you eligible for subbing. In case of re-voting without un-voting the original vote will be the counted vote. DO NOT EDIT VOTES AFTER POSTING THEM.

§10. – Trust no one. Especially not the GM.

The Cast:

1: Rysz (reserved as GM from last game) hanged as a villager on Day 4
2: Wiking Eaten as a villager on Night 4
3: von Loch Ness the werewolf lynched in absentia on day one
4: EUROO7 hanged as a villager on Day 5
5: Slinky
6: Jingles

7: Punkbob subbed by Mr G
8: Dublish the seer, died on day two.
9: k-59, subbed by Jamie550, killed on night 6
10: White Daimon the varulv, hanged on Day 3
11: Capibara
12: Nautilu the wolf, hanged on day two
13: THE_SPLIT subbed by AVN, eaten on night 5
14: humancalculator killed on day 6
15:Jamie550 the villsger, eaten on Night 3
16: Lameard the villager eaten on night one
17: Lord Strange the villager lynched on day one

The Substitutes:
1: Trespoe
2: Illiria
3: Mr G
4: Lord Strange

Last edited:
Yay! I will be Lt. Clancy, helmsman :)

why?????? :confused:

This.

Also I re-did the link. I dunno how it set to the German thread, I copied it from the address bar :p

Clearly the work of the European Union :mad:

This.

Also I re-did the link. I dunno how it set to the German thread, I copied it from the address bar :p

Clearly the work of the European Union :mad:

It still links to that German thread.

U PHAIL

why?????? :confused:

I have alway held the position that if every game is played by the same old farts, the games will become stale and bar out newcomers. Besides, I think I have played a couple of games in a row, and with the big game just started I need to get some rest.

It's also quite fun to sit at the side-lines watching the game. You have no pressure to perform and being wrong is without consequence... ;)

In, loved the book. The movie was okay, but couldn´t really capture the suspense of being under water in a metal tube like the book did.

huntred.jpg