• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Backstabbing Indians, how British :p

I'm curious to discover how India will end. I can't see a colonial one though. The masses can't be put down so easily (I hope) ?

• 1Like
Reactions:
"Listen up Canadians, it's time to heed the call; our destiny's before us, enough of thinking small!

Put on your boots and grab your guns it's time to colonize; I think the other nations will be quite surprised!

When Canada rules the world! (Canada, Canada!) x4

We'll put curling rings in Africa and hockey everywhere, and force the Americans to have free healthcare

We'll bring winter to Australia, and Quebec will bring poutine; Then we'll conquer Britain, and install our Queen!

And we shall tell them what to do, and if they say they won't we will ask politely,

and if they still don't we will tell them 'it's alright, we don't mean to criticize but perhaps you'll consider some form of compromise?'

Things will be nice!" - When Canada Rules the World by The Arrogant Worms (2010)

"Listen up Canadians, it's time to heed the call; our destiny's before us, enough of thinking small!

Put on your boots and grab your guns it's time to colonize; I think the other nations will be quite surprised!

We'll put curling rings in Africa and hockey everywhere, and force the Americans to have free healthcare

We'll bring winter to Australia, and Quebec will bring poutine; Then we'll conquer Britain, and install our Queen!

And we shall tell them what to do, and if they say they won't we will ask politely,

and if they still don't we will tell them 'it's alright, we don't mean to criticize but perhaps you'll consider some form of compromise?'

Things will be nice!" - When Canada Rules the World by The Arrogant Worms (2010)
[video=youtube;3G84iG3Ny3o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G84iG3Ny3o[/video]

Wait, The pope is in the Entente?

[video=youtube;IS05UxBVTtY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS05UxBVTtY[/video]

Between the Bourbons in Spain, the Napoleons in Nat. France, the Pope in Rome and the good old Irish and Quebecois, this has shaped up as quite an ecumenical Entente :cool:

Sola Gratia + Deus Vult = Most epic christian alliance ever

I saw the moderators don't like external links and forgot I could just embed the video so I transcribed the lyrics manually :laugh:

Chapter 3: The Summer of Tigers (Cont.)

NMwZpa5.png

One evening in the Septemebr of 1944, while war against the Princely Federation still raged and Delhi was Canada's putative ally, Sir Stewart Menzies, Director of Imperial Intelligence, along with Sir Claude Auchinleck, Imperial Chief of Staff, had presented a final briefing to King Edward VIII and Prime Minister Bennett detailing Operation Damcoles, their long-planned scheme to take full control of the government in Delhi. The briefing took place at Château Laurier, the royal residence in Ottawa. The King was optimistic about the plan, but concerned about possible blowback from the public and the Germans. The public, he was assured, would be fed a convincing cover story regarding a maharajah plot to prevent the restoration of the old Indian parliament. The Germans, they were sure, would accept the coup as an internal matter, especially after they had allowed the invasion of the Princely Federation with little reaction. The King was satisfied.

me0fiwj.jpg

Château Laurier. Originally built as a sumptuous 429-room hotel, the Canadian government had purchased the Ottawa landmark to serve as the chief residence of the royal family in Canada after the Revolution of 1925. It witnessed many important events.

Final planning began, and long-dormant sleeper agents within the Delhi hierarchy were activated over the ensuing months. The operation was commenced on November 16th, 1944, after Imperial intelligence agents took control of the Delhi offices of the Imperial Broadcasting Corporation and broadcast various pre-arranged code phrases and musical signals over the radio. Canadian and Australasian military units, recalled to the major cities under the pretence of parades celebrating victory over the Princely Federation, moved swiftly to disarm and pacify their former allies. With most of Delhi’s military under the command of sympathetic colonial expatriate officers, resistance was scant, and the Entente were able to take control over most of India’s major cities, ports and airfields.

KJ7kNki.jpg

Canadian Calgary tanks on the move in Bombay, November 17th 1944. Resistance to the coup was light in the major cities.

Taken by surprise, and betrayed by their own administrators, many maharajas were taken into custody or otherwise neutralised. Only those with significant power-bases in the interior or their tribal heartlands were able to flee to their country estates and organise resistance. The new administration made clear that if the maharajas quietly accepted the end of their role in government, their private fortunes and privileges would be left intact. Some accepted this as the writing on the wall. Others intended to resist. With the breakdown of negotiations on November 16th, 1944, the Imperial High Command in Ottawa instructed the military in India to take control of the holdout maharaja states by force. The civil war Entente propaganda euphemistically termed 'the Indian Adjustment' had begun.

UlVVbLQ.png

d8isX12.png

The division of territory at the start of The Indian Adjustment, Nov. 1944. Entente forces had successfully taken control of the major cities of the south and the coast, as well as the regions around Delhi and Karachi. The rebel mahrajas controlled much of the interior, as well as the mountainous provinces of the Himalayas and Kashmir.

knYGpap.png

The rebels declared a new government based in Srinagar, deep in the mountains and tribal heartlands of Kashmir.

Meanwhile, as the Entente was focused on Indian affairs, the summer of 1944 saw important developments in other parts of the world. War in South America continued to rage, as the reactionary La Platan alliance struggled to contain the Syndicalist threat of Brasília. At the same time as war was breaking out between Delhi and the Princely Federation, a major Brasílian offensive brought the Syndicalists within striking distance of both Buenos Aires and the Chilean capital Santiago.

kf4zCoP.png

The Great South American War, August 1st 1944. Brasílian forces were encroaching on the anti-Syndicalists across all fronts, threatening the La Platan capital.

A short, but brutal siege of the city ensued, with the Brasílian army subjecting the populace to near-constant shelling in an attempting to dislodge the stalwart Platinean defenders. Despite brave resistance, the Platineans failed to prevent the Brasílian advance across the River Parana to the north of the city. With the river crossing lost, the battle degenerated into vicious urban warfare through the city's northern suburbs, before, on August 19th, the Platinean leadership, fled southwards to Comodoro Rivadavia, called on their surviving units to retreat. Though the Platinean rearguard had secured vital time for the government and many civilians to evacuate, the mood was grim. Buenos Aires was lost.

UiqXTEx.jpg

Brasílian troops advance through the ruins of the historic Buenos Aires suburb of San Isidro, August 1944.

eTdpQCS.png

In Rio, the mood was celebratory. However, Brasília was about to suffer grief of its own. On the evening of the 26th August, 1944, Chairman Avelino Fóscolo was reviewing official documents and reports from the military commanders on the front around Buenos Aires in his residence at the palatial Palácio Popular (formerly the Paço de São Cristóvão, the palace of the Emperors of Brazil). Complaining of a headache, the chairman retired to his bedroom around 8pm. When his aide brought him his morning coffee the next morning, he found him dead. At the age of 80, the father of Brasília had passed away.

OMv3doD.jpg

Avelino Fóscolo (1864-1944). A writer and anarchist, Fóscolo rose to become a major figure in the revolutionary movement, and the first chairman of syndicalist Brasília. He pursued internal consolidation, but did not shy away from war against Brasília's enemies when it became necessary.

Fóscolo's death came at a potentially troublesome time for the new nation, and not just because of the ongoing war against La Plata and her allies. The Brasílian politburo was increasingly divided between Totalist and Syndicalist factions, which disagreed bitterly on a wide range of issues and were inclined to view each other as ideological deviationists. Fóscolo's leadership had managed to keep peace between the two factions, but a potent rivalry simmered beneath the surface.

A2hjZtf.png

The divided Brasílian politburo at the time of Fóscolo's death. Foreign Minister Minervino de Oliveira was seen as the leading Syndicalist, whereas João Cabanas, head of the security apparatus and the feared secret police (CPAI) was the chief Totalist voice. The men had a fairly open contempt for one another.

With war pressing on, there was not time for a protracted political battle over the leadership. Ultimately, with neither camp having sufficient sway to take direct control, Atrojildo Pereira, a respected revolutionary leader became the new chairman. Few in the politburo, except perhaps for Pereira himself, believed the issue had been settled for good.

VkmCg72.png

The key issue facing the new leadership was the ongoing war. With Buenos Aires captured, a favourable peace settlement could probably now be extracted from the Platinean junta. However, Brasília had been existentially committed to the idea of a pan-continental syndicalist nation and this, necessarily, would require the complete annexation of La Plata and Chile.

Mp6hlXi.png

La Platinean morale collapsed quickly once it became apparent there would be no accommodation with the Syndicalists. Many units collapsed as soldiers slipped away from the frontlines to defend their homes from the descending commissars. After a few more battles in the south of the country through the fall of 1944, the leading generals escaped into exile in Spain and Mexico, a de facto surrender. On October 16th, 1944, the Great South American War was officially over.

m4UVBD5.png

Though the Entente was largely focussed in India during this time, Canadian officials watched developments warily. In the Caribbean Federation, which shared a border with the new Syndicalist state in Guyana, and Entente-aligned Venezuela, there was considerably more alarm. Confrontation came sooner than either side expected, in the form of an appeal to Ottawa from the Falkland Islands. Known as Las Malvinas to the South Americans, the islands had been a long-term British possession before the collapse of the British in 1925. After this, they had been occupied by La Plata, who had long regarded them as their territory anyway. Now, the chaotic collapse of La Plata had left the islands undefended, and - theoretically at least - ripe for the taking.

OuXJOVo.png

Besides the propaganda potential of reclaiming the islands, and their putative use as a naval base, the Canadian military were keen to probe the Brasílians and gauge their reaction, as well as send a symbolic message to the Syndicalists that while Canada had so far not interfered in their affairs, it regarded all of America - North and South - as its own backyard. Entente naval maneuvers certainly provoked a reaction in Rio. Publicly, the Syndicalists were boisterous. Confrontation with the hated neo-British over Las Malvinas was a good way to win over the resistant Platinean masses. Privately, the Syndicalist leadership had little appetite for further conflict, especially with such a hazardous enemy.

2aY3FVS.png

BcwNyAn.png

When it was clear the Canadians were intending to take the islands regardless, the Brasílians rapidly changed track, denouncing Las Malvinas as 'worthless reactionary rocks.' The Canadian flotilla sailed in uncontested, and landed marines at Puerto Argentino, hereafter known once more as Port Stanley. The Falklands were the Falklands once more.

I7L8YF1.png

kNxCi7r.png

The islands were gone, but Brasília had survived its first brush with the hostile outside world with little real loss. Still, the young nation had learnt an important lesson about its place in a world filled with rapacious imperialist powers, and this would certainly not be the last time brinkmanship presented itself in the Americas. Until then, the Brasílians could concern themselves with the internal affairs of their new nation.

2ERfd3l.png

Oh oh, it seems that UNASUL is coming '-'

So, the British once again stole the Malvinas from their rightful owners.

Reactions:
Lol, you'd have Brazil swept up within a few months.

The Maharajah's may be distrusted by the masses in India but if you're not careful the masses may take "a tyrant 3 miles away over one 3000 miles away."

Just wondering whether Imperial France chose Absolutist or Democratic (seeing the grimdark setting of your AAR I can only think the former but Napoleon V could suprise me :p )
BTW you should add events to cripple National France territories. The Emperor took the old Communard territory and I doubt he can win their hearts and souls so easily while you need a Military Government in the Home Islands. :D

Other than that Brasilia sure looks scary. Should it annex all South America it could prove a decent opponent, especially if you are engaged elsewhere. Will we see our prefered British Totalist leader again ? :p
What are the plans for India ? Civilian admnistration or restoration of the Raj ?

Napoleon. Democratic. Those two things only go together at the beginning of their power.

Reactions:
I was trying to avoid giving it a generic acronym name, but that might work. Anyone have any other cool suggestions? I was thinking of 'other' names for South America but none came to mind.

Just wondering whether Imperial France chose Absolutist or Democratic (seeing the grimdark setting of your AAR I can only think the former but Napoleon V could suprise me )

Bl61BfR.png

Semi-absolutist. With how widespread left-wing revolutions were in this world, I kind of imagine democracy has been pretty discredited outside of tranquil pockets like Scandinavia (at least the 'unmanaged' kind), but maybe things will loosen up going forward. Ironically, the great democratic power in this world is...

R5naE7K.png

We'll see how that goes lol.

BTW you should add events to cripple National France territories

I'm thinking we might see some Syndicalist holdouts causing problems. I nerfed Britain's industrial modifiers pretty badly in the B.R.A. events to make sure they don't 'recover' too quickly, but I'm slightly wary of doing that to Imperial France because its AI seems to struggle with industry and supply anyway.

I'm going to give Canada an event to decide what to do with India, with various implications. As for Mosley...hold this page :)

Last edited:
Oh, and I finally worked out how to make flags! I've replaced the Dominion of Ireland flag I was using because it was from some Victoria modpack and I didn't like all the red (I think the Entente would avoid red flags because they're too visually similar to the UoB, or at least that's why I always assumed the Canadian flag was switched to blue in KR). Anyway, pretend the old one didn't exist :)

DnBu9Ik.png

• 1Like
Reactions: