• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

andyp1407

Dany event chain writer
33 Badges
Jan 30, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • War of the Roses
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Darkest Hour
End of an Era, is a tale of last years of the second century after Aegon's conquest. The story follows three
families through this time

The Targaryens(Aenys,Rhaegar)

The Kingslayer's(Jaime)

The Lannisters(Tyrion)

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

This is my first more personal story as The Adventure of House Paterson was a narrative.

Please comment, it really helps!

Chapter 1

AERYS

Rebellion. I knew it. I knew that they were plotting my downfall. The Starks, the Baratheons, the Arryns and my own son Rhaegar. Even Tywin. Tywin hadn't led his men against these traitors so he was with them. The Stauntons were traitors as well. No matter Ser Jonothor Darry was already burring it to the ground. Viserys needed a teacher, Varys my Master of Whisperers said that Rhaegar should take him on as his ward. But no i will not let him corrupt my son and turn him into a traitor. Lord Commander Gerold can take Viserys as his ward. I took Rhaella last night, she better be swollen with child or I will punish her. Mace Tyrell has captured Stannis Baratheon. I will burn him, burn him. Burn him. Burn Him! BURN HIM! BURN! HIM! FOR I AM THE TRUE DRAGON, MY FLAMES BURN HOTTER THAN EVEN THE BLACK DREAD'S! LET THE WORLD NOW THAT THIS WAR WILL END ONE WAY OR ANOTHER IN FIRE AND BLOOD!

Last edited:
Chapter 2

Aerys

Traitors! All of them! Varys and Connington, they are the only loyal members of my court. My maester Pycelle, the Master of Laws, Lord Renfred Rykker, the Master of Coin Lord, Gyles Rosby, and the Master of Arms, Ser Rolland Storm. They all lied! They told me I was wrong, That Tywin Lannister was loyal! But if he's so loyal why did he just attack the Reach?! And his son stands beside me as a member of my Kingsguard. He's a traitor too. He needs to be arrested!

It was from their that King Aerys the Mad sent the order to arrest Ser Jaime Lannister. As King Aerys walked to his bedroom Ser Jaime Lannister stepped from behind a door. The young knight stood in golden armour with a red cloak with his personal sigil on it, A golden lion with a white sword in its mouth. Ser Jaime told the King that what he was about to do was a mercy to the realm. Just as Ser Jaime's blade was about to strike the King, a shadow beside him moved, and the young lion found his blade locked with another. Turning to face his adversary he realised who it was. Ser Barristan the Bold, stood in front of his false brother ready to fight. The song of steel was loud and brash, King Aerys soiled himself. The battle was fast and deadly. Ser Barristan slipped when his sword missed its mark, but this slip was all Ser Jaime needed. The false brother stepped inside the veteran knight's guard and impaled him. As Ser Barristan fell to the ground. Ser Jaime lifted the dead knight's blade and threw it to King Aerys, claiming that he doesn't want to kill a defenceless, old man. Aerys picking the blade up, immediately fell back under the onslaught of Ser Jaime's attack. The King fell dead. His throat slit. Ser Jaime the Oathbreaker and Kingslayer left King's Landing fleeing to Casterly Rock.

Last edited:
Chapter 3

Rhaegar

The raven arrived three days later. The details of which shocked both Arthur Dayne and Rhaegar. Rhaegar's friend and Arthur's protege had betrayed his oath and killed his sworn brother and his king. Troubling news, a man that would be willing to die for Rhaegar had now betrayed him. Rhaegar had led his host to the border of the Reach. There, according to Rhaegar's scouts, Robert Baratheon was camped out. In order to be ready to engage Robert, Rhaegar had to rush the preparation of his army. Of the fifteen thousand men with Rhaegar only six thousand were ready to do battle. It mattered not in the end as Rhaegar formed all of his cavalry into a phalanx and charged. It was a slaughter, of Robert's ten thousand strong host only three thousand remained. Several important men fell in the fighting, such as Donal Noye, a friend of Robert. Ser Arthur Dayne, continued to chase Robert down. Rhaegar began his journey back to King's Landing.

Jaime

Safe. Finally safe. It had been a long journey but he had arrived at the Rock after two weeks riding hard from King's Landing. His beautiful gold locks were gone and now only his green eyes told of his heritage. Cersei had let him in, and they plotted. Father was considering marrying Cersei off to Brynden Tully, known as the Blackfish, in an effort to continue the alliance between the rebels. Both Jaime and Cersei didn't want that. They had a drunk septon marry them, then they boarded a ship to Tyrosh and left in search of a truly safe haven. Hopefully the would never have to return to this wretched continent.

Tyrion

When I heard the news I couldn't believe it, Jaime had killed the Mad King. If he was anyone else he would be cheered as a hero, but alas he is a member of the Kingsguard and now he is the worst of all, an oathbreaker and kingslayer. Father has made me Lord of Castamere, an empty title, there is just a burned keep there now. Probably a bribe so I won't contest the Inheritance from Jaime, father doesn't realise that Jaime doesn't want the Rock. I guess I should begin looking for a wife. Someone that's around my age, no older than sixteen and no younger than twelve, I don't want to be left with some old spinster! I hope my uncle Kevan will find me someone nice!