• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

NightAvail

Sergeant
97 Badges
Apr 21, 2008
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Knights of Honor
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Majesty 2
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
Welcome to MythicLegends!

Latest Version: v0.02 (Sept 7, 2016 - 2016/09/07)

Compatibility List

• CK2 2.6.x (Reaper's Due)
  • CK2Plus
  • HIP
Changes for 0.2
Code:
Features/Changes 0.02
===========================================================

* I prefer to play this with HIP or CK2+, it should be compatible with those mods
* Feeling like an immortal life isn't for you anymore? You can now abdicate the throne! OR, you can just give your primary title to your heir.
    -- This will only give your heir a single primary title, so if you are a duke and have 2 duchies, it will only give your heir one of them.
    -- This is great if you want to see how your kids would run your kingdom/empire
* After you reach 100 years old, you'll get the trait, "White Mage", which allows you to do all the mage abilities
    -- The white mage trait is an immortal trait, so you can revoke your own immortality trait allowing you to be fertile again!
    -- This trait will also allow you to escape death during a battle
* White mages can designate a character as a "Lich King". This just boosts their stats A LOT so they can help change the world.
    -- Much like the "Lucky" trait in HIP
* Quests don't randomly quit. In the quest option just choose to go home if you want to stop.
* Magical Conception!
     -- If you ever wanted to have a kid while being immortal, this is the way to do it... Although, with the white mage trait this isn't necessary.
     -- Also great if you want to keep a dying dynasty alive... but of course, in reality they'll be of your blood.
* Join random wars!
     -- Once you've mastered your element, or if you're a white mage, you can join other people's wars as a battlemage. Help the Karlings
         make France great again!
     -- This feature may be a bit buggy. Peasant revolts, rebellions, and liberations aren't part of this. Just your standard conquer/holy wars.
* Magically protect others!
     -- This doesn't prevent death from battles, but it will boost another character's heath and intrigue to help keep them alive as plagues strike.
     -- You cannot cast this on yourself, just others
* The buff spell does a lot more damage now

Note: The buff and prosperity spells cannot be used simultaneously. So during times of peace, use the prosperity spell. During times of war, use buff.

Download Link: Download MythicLegends

Wiki (WIP)
Base mage spells
Mage class descriptions
Flags used

Disclamer
I have never played the Magicka games (I know... I really need too!). So these mage icons were made because I like the style, not because I was trying to match up the powers based on the Magicka game. I'm also terrible at Photoshop so I'm sorry for anyone that isn't too fond of my icons...

About
I started this mod nearly a month ago as just a small mod to play as a mage in Crusader Kings 2. While I have grand ideas of adding more than just mages, I like to start off small and make sure the foundation is solid. My goal is to make this type of game play fun for those that like to be able to wield a bit of magic. I hope you enjoy playing as a mage, becoming immortal (if that's what you really want), and manipulating history!

Main Features
  • Choose a mage class: Air, Earth, Fire, Water
  • Use targeted decisions to cast spells on characters (or yourself)
  • Heal your wounds and sickness depending on your arcane knowledge
  • Go on quests to master your element and gain the bonues that come with it
  • Increase your Arcane Mastery over time (this is an automatic process)
  • Activate various spells (some spells are consider 'active spells' and will deactivate if another 'active spell' is chosen)
  • Play as a different mage class through your heir!

Gameplay
At the start of the game you are prompted to make a decision on magic which will add the Magical Bloodline trait to you and your future children (not current children).

(Screenshot)
XBAh1vG.jpg

After you have chosen the magical bloodline trait you will be able to choose the type of mage you wish to play with your current character (you will be prompted this same choice when your heir takes over). You can only play 1 mage class per character, so if you want to play as a different type of mage you will need die at some point (don't choose immortality).
HYYEzgv.jpg

Each mage class has it's advantages. At the beginning of the game you may want to play as a
PaJwZUU.png
water mage so that your fertility is increased and you can use their 'charm' spell on your leige.

After you've secured your position and your heir takes over you may want to play as a
jhI6D7O.png
deadly air mage. Air mages can cast magical curse (master level) and sickness on other characters, ensuring that they will die! Also, starting at the apprentice level Air mages will automatically escape if imprisoned! This is a character you would play if you want to shake things up a bit in the world.

Later on, your next heir may want to play as an
1JJ7o6a.png
Earth mage. Earth mages can heal others through a targeted decision and they will be able to 'summon' an extra 500 troops with the summon spell during war time. Their offensive and defensive buffs are also a bit better.

Finally, once you've become king your next heir may choose to be the powerful
MXnUrWY.png
Fire mage! Fire mages have a health bonus and very good offensive and defensive buffs. They're great for conquering the world, but they get no targeted spells.

So choose your class wisely! Spells also have a cooldown, so sometimes you will need to wait 1-2 years before being able to use that spell again. Therefore if you cast that summon spell for extra troops, you will need to wait 4 years before attempting to cast it again! Don't expect to spam that spell for wars early in the game!

More Screenshots

Euric 'the Lame' (air mage) was lame most of his life after going on a mage quest, but towards the end of his life he had finally achieved Arcane Mastery and was able to regenerate his limbs unlike his father! He also destroyed the Middle Francia Empire through *cough* magical assassinations...
n4KddmO.jpg

Before going to war, make sure to choose the buff spell!
iQ4Kvae.jpg

I was able to retake Greece from the Bulgarian pagans as a powerful fire mage (and immortality)!
LwAh28m.jpg

Last edited:
Above is a summary of the game, but just in case questions come up on how mage quests and casting spells work, I wanted to add a few more notes separate from the summary. The wiki pages will be updated to include this information as well.

Mage Quest

Mage quests are the only way currently to increase your mage level (not arcane mastery).

Note: Quests are a great way to pass time and get a bit of money!

When you start a mage quest you will be prompted to take friends along or to go on your own. The advantage to taking friends is that you are less likely to become maimed for the rest of your life (unless you achieve Arcane Mastery and can regenerate your limbs). Your spouse may not like that you lost a limb, but if you're a water mage you can charm her!

Doing mage quests alone will offer more money. At this time you don't have to fear death from going on a mage quest, but in the future this may change as more events will be added.

Spell Casting
Wiki Link

There are two types of spells (active and non-active). Active spells can usually be cast at anytime. You can cast the Buff spell and it will be active until you cast another 'active' spell (Prosperity spell for example). It's great to use the Buff spell during war-time and the Prosperity spell during peace time.

Non-active spells usually have a cool down time of a year or so. If you cast the 'heal' spell you will have to wait a while before being able to cast it again. Targeted spells are also 'non-active' and have a cool down period. If you cast the 'Charm' spell as a water mage you will need to wait a while before it is available to cast again. These cool downs are documented in the wiki link which will be updated with more details soon.

The Plague spell is a unique spell every caster gets as a chance to kill someone (most of the time the person won't die). It's also not really a plague, just a consumption spell cast on the target. The Plague spell is an 'active' spell so you will need to activate it, find a target, and cast the spell on them through the diplomacy screen. Don't forget to re-activate your buff or prosperity spell once you've cast this spell!

Air mages get 2 non-active spells in addition to the base spells. Similar to the water mages' non-active charm spell the air mage can cast sickness and a magical curse (at Arcane Knowledge master level), to kill a target. They do have to wait a year however before being able to cast again.

Finally, if you've increased in your mage level you will need to re-activate the active spells (buff and prosperity) as their bonuses increase with each new level.

Immortality

Immortality is available once you've reached level 3 in your mage class. I wanted to make it easy to reach immortality before you turn 30 so that you can keep your young looks. This will also mean that you better start having kids quickly before that age as immortality will kill off your fertility!

Arcane Knowledge

Overtime you'll receive an event that says your arcane knowledge has increased. Arcane knowledge gives you a few bonuses to your stats and at level 4 you will be able to regrow your missing limbs! Every 10 years you have a chance of increasing your arcane knowledge so don't expect to reach level 4 with every character.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any questions! I will be working on this next update as soon as I finish up my current game!

It works fine, is compatible with every mod out there AFAIK, and does what it says on the tin. Even if he doesn't add more, I wouldn't call it 'dead' in the sense that it works fine, is bug free, and isn't out of date in any respect.

Last edited:
I didnt mean it was in the respect of it being outdated, but yea i coulda been more specific as to, I am wondering if he will be continuing to update/ add to it

There will be more updates to this mod in the future. I've been testing a few things out although my main goal has been to keep it as compatible with the latest CK2 and have it be a flavoring to the mod you're currently playing with (namely HIP or CK+) :)

Is there any sort of update planned for the mod or has the project been abandoned? I mean, it's been two months...

While we wait for the other mods to catch up to the awesome release of Reaper's Due, I thought I'd fire this back up. Honestly, I didn't need to make any changes for this to work with Reaper's Due... seems like a lot of bug fixes patched up this small little mod. I did however add some features:

Code:
Features/Changes 0.02
===========================================================

* I prefer to play this with HIP or CK2+, it should be compatible with those mods
* Feeling like an immortal life isn't for you anymore? You can now abdicate the throne! OR, you can just give your primary title to your heir.
    -- This will only give your heir a single primary title, so if you are a duke and have 2 duchies, it will only give your heir one of them.
    -- This is great if you want to see how your kids would run your kingdom/empire
* After you reach 100 years old, you'll get the trait, "White Mage", which allows you to do all the mage abilities
    -- The white mage trait is an immortal trait, so you can revoke your own immortality trait allowing you to be fertile again!
    -- This trait will also allow you to escape death during a battle
* White mages can designate a character as a "Lich King". This just boosts their stats A LOT so they can help change the world.
    -- Much like the "Lucky" trait in HIP
* Quests don't randomly quit. In the quest option just choose to go home if you want to stop.
* Magical Conception!
     -- If you ever wanted to have a kid while being immortal, this is the way to do it... Although, with the white mage trait this isn't necessary.
     -- Also great if you want to keep a dying dynasty alive... but of course, in reality they'll be of your blood.
* Join random wars!
     -- Once you've mastered your element, or if you're a white mage, you can join other people's wars as a battlemage. Help the Karlings
         make France great again!
     -- This feature may be a bit buggy. Peasant revolts, rebellions, and liberations aren't part of this. Just your standard conquer/holy wars.
* Magically protect others!
     -- This doesn't prevent death from battles, but it will boost another character's heath and intrigue to help keep them alive as plagues strike.
     -- You cannot cast this on yourself, just others
* The buff spell does a lot more damage now

Note: The buff and prosperity spells cannot be used simultaneously. So during times of peace, use the prosperity spell. During times of war, use buff.

Current Stable Version Link:
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g1p32sp2rd3k289/MythicLegends_0.02.zip

Keep up to date with the latest pushes (brave souls)
https://github.com/NightAvail/MythicLegends

Sorry for the lack of support on this mod as well. This is merely a release to get through the long wait of the other fantasy mods to work with Reaper's Due. Feel free to fork this mod if you want to add your own changes!

Last edited:
Reactions: