• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
hey is there going to be a compatibility patch for 2.2.1 with the mod as it already is?

Um... This hasn't even released yet...

It's certainly a way to represent the gigantic population density of China and it's large centralization of power. Even so, considering China proper (That Tang controls) is as big as the Indian subcontinent, I'd imagine that it would have an equal amount of provinces.

The thing is, I don't disagree with you. In fact, what I would want is for modern day China alone to have at least the same amount of provinces as India, if not more. Unfortunately, this is something I cannot do right now and as such we will probably have to wait until Closed Alpha or Closed Beta to implement it. Also, I'll need a Map Making Pro to do this for me.

I have missed Umbra Spherae ever since it died, now I will look forward to this greatly.

Umbra Spherae is dead!? Here I thought it was still going strong, but not available for the latest update(s)...

i meant what was the last release of all under heaven before CM.

Though a continuation, this should really be considered a reboot if anything else due to some significant changes made. As such, once this goes into Open Alpha, it will require the latest version (Charlemagne Patch).

When is the release, 2014,2015? :blink:

YES I'm all for this. I can't wait to see more of this

I would be surprised if they released a beta in 2015. This is probably going to be a huge expansion.

You all talk as if this is an official DLC Expansion Pack from Paradox itself. :D

Once I have everything standardised (such as having all the IDs set to the ones I reserved) then there will be developer diaries and in the midst of those diaries, expect a downloadable Open Alpha. ;)

You all talk as if this is an official DLC Expansion Pack from Paradox itself. :D

Have you seen the scope of this mod? This will be on the same level as one.

I sure hope so! You feel like joining the team again?

Including sea-zones, there 287 Provinces in the Far East and the South East combined (not including the Steppes) which is less than what I would like. This map was not done by me, but rather the Founder, .Me and the infamous Enlil. I could add more provinces once progress is underway, or add a copious amounts of Holdings to represent density. Regardless, I will need assistance and anyone who is very familiar with map modding.

About the map the biggest help I received is from http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/member.php?142356-bitmapmedivh his support should not be forgotten ;)

Once I have everything standardised (such as having all the IDs set to the ones I reserved) then there will be developer diaries and in the midst of those diaries, expect a downloadable Open Alpha. ;)
Nice, can't wait;)

Development Diary 0: From Ireland to Cathay
Development Diary 0: From Ireland to Cathay

You are William II, the natural son of Robert the Magnificent.

2014-11-2400001.jpg

As you await for the right tide to sail to England, you hear words that one of the contestants, Harald III Hadrada of Norway has been killed during the Battle of Stamford Bridge by an arrow to the neck. You also hear that a Viking Berserker, trying to defend the corpse of his King, was killed by getting his scrotum pierced with a sword. Disturbed at the barbaric ways these Saxons fight, you compose a letter to the dastardly Harold II of Godwin:

"To the wretched Harold,

Tales of your misdeeds are told from Ireland to Cathay, give up your claim to the English throne and I shalt reserve a place for you on the King's Council.

From,

William II, Duke of Normandy"

You think about that phrase, "Ireland to Cathay". Ireland, which is known for its green pasture, hence the term "The Emerald Island", is not too far from England itself. Once the business with England is dealt with, perhaps you should force these people to recognise you as their overlord?

2014-11-2400002.jpg

Then you think about the second part of the phrase, Cathay. An intriguing place even further East from the mystical realms of Hindustan, Cathay, has always been known for its civilised culture since the times of the Romans, having established the lucrative Silk Trade Route. You dismiss such foolish thoughts as your men prepare to embark on your ships for Hastings, but you think to yourself, "Ireland to Cathay; different worlds which is under one Heaven".

2014-11-2400003.jpg

Hello everyone and welcome to the first general development diary for Tianxia: Silk Road Expansion.

For those who do not know, this is the so-called "China Expansion" for this awesome game, Crusader Kings II. Of course, saying that it's just a "China Expansion" does injustice to what this modification aims to do.

Now, it was my intention to do a series of general development diaries myself and leave it to the project leads of each of the individual projects to do theirs concurrently, but due to the fact that there's essentially no staff I have decided against doing a general development diary and instead opt for development diaries for each of the projects.

Since this is Diary 0, this is just an announcement Diary in that there will be diaries in the future :p. As such, unfortunately, I won't be able to give much in terms of features and what not. However I can say that there will be lots of exciting stuff coming sometime in the near future. In terms of release, here is the current plan:
- There will be four Open Alpha releases for the general public
- There may be additional patches for these individual updates should it be necessary, but probably no hotfixes
- The first release will be available once all the top-tier titles are playable for the Vanilla bookmarks
- The second release will be available once all the top-tier titles are playable for The Old Gods bookmark
- The third release will be available once all the top-tier titles are playable for the Charlemagne bookmark
- The fourth release will be available once all the top-tier titles are playable for in-between dates for the Vanilla bookmarks
- Alpha being Alpha, these versions will be quite barebone in that there will be nothing balanced, limited special features for the new religions, limited amount of new decisions and events, and missing fluffs

Since I got the official announcement for the project out of the way, I have something more important:

Recruitment

At the moment it is just myself working on this, as well as .Me for minor graphical stuff. I am need of modders who are capable of filling up the historical titles as well as setting up the characters themselves. With the change in leadership, there has been a huge change in terms of the fundamentals such as the changing of ID tags (which has caused a huge mess). Also, anyone with a good historical knowledge (especially in areas of vassals) of both the Far Eastern and South Eastern Areas would be greatly appreciated.

One more thing, provinces. Although .Me and co did a good job of expanding the map, I am somewhat unsatisfied with the amount of provinces. Am I being greedy? Hell yes! However, I do think that for the sake of accuracy, it would be best to have at least 1.5 times more provinces than Europa Universalis IV has for equivalent areas. In other words, I need someone who can do provinces too.

In all seriousness, due to the sheer scale (also my lack of knowledge in the area), this mod is in serious danger of not getting a single release, so I definitely need more people!

Well folks, that's it for today. Unless I change my mind, the next diary will also be the first development diary for our flagship project: Sons of Heaven.

An new interesting take on the dev diary there, but still very intrigiung and teaserish. What I like with this mod, is that it, in countrery for Umbra Spharae does not look streched at all. I have absolutely no knowledge on the history (Was it the Song or someoner else in China?) of Eastern Asia (atleast I know the Kublai and Ming stuff) at that time, so do not hope for any help from me (except if you want to do some improvements on western europe setups, then I can help with historical data :p).

EDIT: Do you want help with Marco Polo events?

Last edited:
An new interesting take on the dev diary there, but still very intrigiung and teaserish. What I like with this mod, is that it, in countrery for Umbra Spharae does not look streched at all. I have absolutely no knowledge on the history (Was it the Song or someoner else) of Eastern Asia (atleast I know the Kublai and Ming stuff) at that time, so do not hope for any help from me (except if you want to do some improvements on western europe setups, then I can help with historical data :p).

EDIT: Do you want help with Marco Polo events?

That was the whole point! :p

The events and stuff can wait 'til Closed Alpha/Closed Beta. I'll let you know then. Once Khans of Mongolia is in progress, I'll need your help in regards to Kublai.

Awesome, I love it when mods share dev diaries.

That was the whole point! :p

The events and stuff can wait 'til Closed Alpha/Closed Beta. I'll let you know then. Once Khans of Mongolia is in progress, I'll need your help in regards to Kublai.
The problem is that, what I know is probably a bit twisted and an European fashion, and maybe not what was there in for real. Anyway, I can try to look up more information on it later.

It's certainly a way to represent the gigantic population density of China and it's large centralization of power. Even so, considering China proper (That Tang controls) is as big as the Indian subcontinent, I'd imagine that it would have an equal amount of provinces.

If it was as many provinces as india, it would cause lots of lag

(Especially with the density of the holdings, and the amount of characters)

that's one of the reasons why PDS won't do a china DLC. the point is to trade some lag for a massively expanded map.

Hey, I'd be down to help out. Most of my modding experience is in euIV but I'd be willing to contribute whatever I can, even if it's just my time in my university's library doing research.

Alternatively, they whittle down the province number in the existing map to acomodate the new provinces and holdings in Eastern Asia.

You could divide the provinces in a region per population density, using this map as guideline:

n6v7FbO.png

Removing provinces and holdings on desolate areas, and adding them in densely populated areas, therefore confering populous areas and counties/duchies/kingdoms/empires an abstracted but real economic and military advantage over sparsely populated areas.

Of course, it means that a ton of provinces and holdings would move from Europe to India and China, but there would be no lag and a more realistic distribution of the +5000 possible holdings that vanilla game has.