• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
War Resolution: No
Regional Powers Bills: No

[Demagogue]
[No Bonus]

War Resolution: YES, YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!
Regional Power Bill: Abstain

[Militarist]
[Give it to me straight TH3 (As in a Bonus)]

I'd like to abstain on the bills so as to remain neutral. I would like to keep myself and my readers from any potential bias.

War Resolution: Abstain
Regional Powers Bill: Abstain

[Demagogue]
[None]

War Resolution: Aye
Regional Powers Bill: Nay

[Militarist]
[Opera Legacy: +10%]

(Private Il Sardo)

Gentlemen, we have another opportunity for further construction in Italy this time in Sicily. I shall now open the vote for these two potential projects.

Explosives Factory in Sicily: Yes/No/Abstain
Fertilizer Factory in Sicily: Yes/No/Abstain

Due to the nature of the government structure I must ask those that have conflicting interests to please refrain from voting. Vote ends in 24 hours.

---

War Resolution: Yes
Regional Powers Bill: No

[Industrialist]
[No Bonus]

Regional Powers Bill: Yea

[Demagogue]
[Revolutionary Legacy, +5%]

- Lorenzo Mopurgo

The latest issue of the Amico del Popolo, fresh off the press.

Amico del Popolo
The Newspaper of the People and the Worker

EAW4z2X.png

The Case for Federalism

The Italian nation constitutes a great people and a great national identity, perhaps the greatest in the world. However, as we all know, our peninsula had been long divided between kingdoms, republics, duchies, and foreign occupiers, which have all fostered the creation of localized, regional identities across much of Italy. And even though the country is on its way to full unification, the fact remains that these regional identities will still exist, regardless of unification under a single Italian flag and monarch. This is why I advocate for the support of the Regional Powers Bill, recently introduced to the Chamber of Deputies to help and better serve the people. In my own former constituency of Napoli, I have seen poverty, massive unemployment, and a general feeling of disconnect with the central government of Florence. Indeed, Calabria and Toscana are seperated by international boundaries, which continues to estrange the South of our nation from the separated North. I have even heard talk of secession of the South from the nation, a notion which I find distressing, yet not totally unreasonable. The solution to this pressing issue is not to try and integrate the South through increased centralization, but through the creation of a federal system. If are to grow as a people, Italy must also recognize that problems and cultures are different in Calabria, than they are in Toscana, than they are in Piemonte, than they are in Sardinia, than they are in Savoie, than they are in Sicilia, than they are in Venetia, so on and so forth.

BvcPiqa.jpg

By allowing for the regions of Italy to make their own laws, granted with the supremacy of national laws, we allow the regions to help deal with their own unique situations. Furthermore, we will be allowing the regions some degree of sovereignty, which will help express the will of the people on a regional scale, and not just on the national level. This will allow Italians to grow as a unified people by increasing participation in government and promoting the civic values of citizenship. The Statuto Albertino, while a venerable and impressive document, must be modified to be able to make the transition from being the Constitution of Sardinia-Piedmont to the Constitution of Italy. And the only way that we can make this transition is to recognize our geographical, developmental, and cultural differences by allowing for a new federal system.

The Amico del Popolo is seeking individuals to serve as staff writers and freelance columnists. Inquire with Signore Lorenzo Mopurgo for more information.

Last edited:
Regional Powers: No

[Aristocrat]
[Yes]

~ Conte Karlomarx de Maxispierre von Habsburg-Lorraien d'Annecy

Regional Powers Bill: Yes

- Alessandro "Libertà" Zecchini
[Demagogue]
[Three Bonuses for the Aristocrat-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Industrialist-lords in their halls of gold,
Nine for Militarist Men doomed to die,
No Bonus for the Demagogue Lord on his demagogue-ish throne
In the Land of Italy where the Shadows lie.
No Bonus to rule them all, No Bonus to find them,
No Bonus to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
In the Land of Italy where the Shadows lie.]

Regional Powers Bill: No

[Militarist]
[No Bonus]

Last edited:
War Resolution: No - We need peace to rebuild our economy and allow a more propitious time to unify Italy. Only a fool starts eating the pasta before it is properly cooked.
Regional Powers Bill: No - We have undergone upheaval to unify Italy. Why should we throw that away by creating petty fiefdoms again?

Guiseppe Camilleri
(Industrialist)
(+25% Trading in Cloth)

War Resolution: No, the Government should not unneededly provoke His Holiness and his Government. We should not answer the Roman Question with war and death, if we have not tried the way of peace and negotiations. This resolution will not only hurt us on the diplomatic stage, a possible war will hurt our economy as well, which at the moment, needs to recover from the Italian Unification War, thus there are no positive sides to this resolution and I advise the members of Parliament to vote against it. However, if this resolution passes, I hope that His Majesty ignores the 'advice' of the chamber, to protect Italian interests at home and abroad.

Regional Powers Bill: No, just three years ago the Kingdom of Italy was unified, why would we federalise this united nation, this nation of the Italian People? I wish to remind the Right Honourable Members of this Chamber that Liberal Preators, the Piedmontese version of the proposed governors, were instrumental in the Imperial revolution of 1864 by using their powers, the same powers of the Governor and the Regional Assembly, refusing Government Forces entry, to prevent the Government forces under the command of former Tenente Generale Visconte d'Auria and Generale d'Ésercito Conte Alighieri from neutralising the threat to His Majesty and the order and peace in the entire Italian peninsula. Thus I advice the Right Honourable Members of the Chamber to vote against this bill, for it will surely lead to disunion in this young country and maybe even destruction if the Governors prove to be as untrustworthy as the Liberal Preators.

Conte Abramo Alighieri di Jaffa Ascalon e Visconte di San' Uberto

[Aristocrat]
[Marial Legacy +10% PP]

Last edited:
Anonymous pamphlets that was hung various places in Florence and other major towns in the night. They reads:

images

One might ask, what does the Order of the Black Sun think of the monarchy? And the answer is clear, we want a strong monarch, who embraces the rightful god and the Black Sun. We still want our freedom of course. A constitutional monarchy, with the strongest monarch possible. The original clergy would have to go. Else they would destroy Italy as we know it, from the inside. They are already doing it, by supporting the pope in Rome. Rome, which rightfully should be Italian. The truth is withhold from the public opinion. The nationalism in Italy cannot be ignored. Take arms my fellow citizens! Force the Government to war! Claim what is rightfully ours! Another expedition of the thousands!​

- Order of the Black Sun