• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Super-Soviet

The Totalitarian Weeb
93 Badges
Jul 15, 2010
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
rsz_asterix_vikings_7050.jpg

This mod simply replaces all castles and cities in the game with tribal holdings. ALL OF THEM. Ever wondered what it would be like to play as a tribal byzantine Emperor? No? Well shut up and download the mod anyway it's great.

Click to Download

Should compatible with anything that does not change the vanilla history/provinces.

How would you handle holy sites, then? Would you cluster them in similar regions or spread them out across the globe?

I'm thinking of doing something like what you guys think about - I've actually been thinking about a "total barbarism" mod for a while but the tribal mechanics have made it easier to kick off.

For the organized religion, I was thinking that holding two personal holy sites should be enough to create your empire's one. You then decide which mechanics you want to play with, with the alternatives being the heresies of that faith.

Scattered the world (mostly)! Now to start on altering religion and culture for a more "primitivist" feel.

Does that mean more or less cultures?

More, in the long run - what I'm doing right now is making everyone have petty kings, be able to blind, have "dynasty" (i.e tribal) names. All religions will be totally "might makes right" in their morality - and when they reform they will all be "caliphates".

More, in the long run - what I'm doing right now is making everyone have petty kings, be able to blind, have "dynasty" (i.e tribal) names. All religions will be totally "might makes right" in their morality - and when they reform they will all be "caliphates".

Personally, I think a better system would be to have the 'reformed' religions not be pagan reformed religions, but religions in their own right. With three different heresies each that use different mechanics. One would be like Caliphates (or Norse), one would be similar to Orthodox or Miaphysite, and one could use indian religion mechanics or something like that. Of course, if you don't want to go that far, that's fine.

Personally, I think a better system would be to have the 'reformed' religions not be pagan reformed religions, but religions in their own right. With three different heresies each that use different mechanics. One would be like Caliphates (or Norse), one would be similar to Orthodox or Miaphysite, and one could use indian religion mechanics or something like that. Of course, if you don't want to go that far, that's fine.
That would be very interesting. You'd probably need some event system to allow different regions to pick their own heresy.