• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TotalyMoo

Manager of Things
94 Badges
Jun 5, 2012
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Sengoku
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
Or well, perhaps, if you fit the demographic we're looking for...

UPDATE 23/10/2014

We have now gone live with our first series, video tutorials by Paradox community member rojiru!

Check out the Charlemagne video here.

We're also launching our social media sites, highly recommended to follow if you want to get updated on what's happening behind the scenes, where you can contribute, what's getting released et cetera!

https://www.facebook.com/paradoxextra
https://twitter.com/ParadoxExtra

Want to get involved? We're just starting up a large Crusader Kings 2: Charlemagne Multiplayer game!

Err- Greetings Paradoxians!

Paradox Interactive's new YouTube project Paradox Extra (work in progress name) is looking to recruit fans and skilled content creators from our community. This is a new startup / pilot project spearheaded by yours truly, aiming to create more a fan-incorporating channel where we give you frequent (and repeated!) high quality content that is less market-y and more YouTube-y. Yes, very few of the things I said are real words, but hey, hopefully you still understood me!

What kind of stuff am I talking about? Well, for example we're thinking about Let's Plays for yet-to-be-released PDX games, Paradox staff / fan spotlights, sketches and most importantly ideas and projects conjured by our community. The latter is why I am writing this message today.

We are looking for people that find themselves in one or more of these categories.

• Animator (2D or 3D) with experience in Flash or similar software
  • Sound producer (optimally has experience working with mastering voice samples)
  • Active AAR writers, humor / quirkiness is a big bonus here! (If you've written an amazing AAR already, send it over! Older games are definitely applicable here, so it's a great way for you to get your friends playing PDX games ;) )
  • YouTubers (or if you know of a small / mid sized such that could be interesting, feel free to inform me!)
  • Streamers
  • Fans with ideas they have always wanted to do but only make up one piece of the puzzle and need help
  • Paradoxians that read this post and think "Hey, I've got an idea that I would love to be seen, even though I lack the ability to do it myself I think I should share it!"
  • ??? (basically, if you think I have left out something, please contact me).

Consider yourself applicable? PM me here on Plaza or send me an email at john.rickne@paradoxplaza.com and we'll start talking! There will not be any monetary compensation in store for the early stages, but eternal glory and a chance to work up close and personal with us at Paradox - also to see your dream project realized or take part in a professional production process.

I look forward to seeing what you guys and gals have in store :)

Added note 17/9/2014:

We'll evaluate all projects on a case-by-case basis when it comes to potential monetization. If we start a series and it turns out to be popular to the point of putting ads on it making sense, then of course we will be open for that discussion with all involved parties. We'd love for our content creators to be able to use it as a source of revenue, but promising that when we're in a pilot stage would be silly :) Although exceptions may still happen here, especially if the involved content creators are professionals and we can see potential in the project even before it has been launched and tried. Basically; we're open for discussion.

We're also open for other suggestions on how to make it a positive relationship for everyone involved, such as co-operating with your personal channel (cross posting videos or similar things).

End of note

Cheers,
John

Last edited:
and the later stages?

We'll evaluate all projects on a case-by-case basis. So if we start a series and it turns out to be popular to the point of putting ads on it making sense, then of course we will be open for that discussion with all involved parties. We'd love for our content creators to be able to use it as a source of revenue, but promising that when we're in a pilot stage would be silly :)

Wow, I've not sounded this corporate in a long time. Gotta do it for the sake of clarity though.

I'm myself too busy with life to participate in this kind of epic stuff. :p

You might get more applications if you post this, a link to here, on AARland and on the subforums.
And link this on OT forums too. :)

Good luck! Can't wait to see what grandiose stuff you will be publishing sooner or later! :cool:

I'm myself too busy with life to participate in this kind of epic stuff. :p

You might get more applications if you post this, a link to here, on AARland and on the subforums.
And link this on OT forums too. :)

Good luck! Can't wait to see what grandiose stuff you will be publishing sooner or later! :cool:

I'll start linking it around the forum in the coming week to get more attention to this :)

I'm more of a straight-up gamer than a content creator, but I do watch/read content on occasion, and will deffo watch for whatever comes out of this, sounds like a good idea :). All the best to the content creators out there :).

I'm more of a straight-up gamer than a content creator, but I do watch/read content on occasion, and will deffo watch for whatever comes out of this, sounds like a good idea :). All the best to the content creators out there :).

Thanks, we're going to use the "Paradox Extra" channel so you can start following that already if you want :)

Or well, perhaps, if you fit the demographic we're looking for...
  • Animator (2D or 3D) with experience in Flash or similar software
  • Sound producer (optimally has experience working with mastering voice samples)
  • Active AAR writers, humor / quirkiness is a big bonus here! (If you've written an amazing AAR already, send it over! Older games are definitely applicable here, so it's a great way for you to get your friends playing PDX games ;) )
  • YouTubers (or if you know of a small / mid sized such that could be interesting, feel free to inform me!)
  • Streamers
  • Fans with ideas they have always wanted to do but only make up one piece of the puzzle and need help
  • Paradoxians that read this post and think "Hey, I've got an idea that I would love to be seen, even though I lack the ability to do it myself I think I should share it!"
  • ??? (basically, if you think I have left out something, please contact me).

Can't animate.
I have some recording equipment and how to use them but that's not exactly sound producer's job I assume.
The couple of AAR's I left unfinished are just plain awful.
Don't really use Youtube for that purpose, nor have an account there anyway.
My upload is too poor to stream anything that isn't Lego salad.
Others have usually voiced those ideas better.

Self-deprecation finished, back to lurking.

Good luck with the project anyway. :cool:

Oh... this sounds so awesome... Why wasn't this around, when I was in high school and had tons of time to do stuff like this...

But I guess in the end more content on ParadoxExtra will be very much aprreciated... :) I mean the only one I know that puts Paradox stuff regularly on his channel is NothernLion (plus the guys playing with him... :))

Oh... this sounds so awesome... Why wasn't this around, when I was in high school and had tons of time to do stuff like this...

But I guess in the end more content on ParadoxExtra will be very much aprreciated... :) I mean the only one I know that puts Paradox stuff regularly on his channel is NothernLion (plus the guys playing with him... :))

Quill18, great youtuber! :) We're looking forward to broadening the amount of PDX related content out there.

For youtubers I'd recommend Shenryyr2, Quill18(duh), Arumba and Northern Lion. (they all do a lot of PDS game videos)

In any case, this sounds like a good idea. I'm already subscribed to Paradox Extra, can't wait for what will come out of this.

[*]Fans with ideas they have always wanted to do but only make up one piece of the puzzle and need help
[*]Paradoxians that read this post and think "Hey, I've got an idea that I would love to be seen, even though I lack the ability to do it myself I think I should share it!"

I really don't know what this means. Are you saying that if I have any random idea, I can just contact you guys and you will listen??? :D It sounds like quite a deal.

Seriously though, this Paradox Extra is a semi-official stream of videos about, among other things, ideas that fans come up with? I'm itching to apply, but I really don't know if I have any ideas worth suggesting.

I really don't know what this means. Are you saying that if I have any random idea, I can just contact you guys and you will listen??? :D It sounds like quite a deal.

Seriously though, this Paradox Extra is a semi-official stream of videos about, among other things, ideas that fans come up with? I'm itching to apply, but I really don't know if I have any ideas worth suggesting.

You have nothing to lose! Suggest away! :)

Followed :). I didn't realise Paradox had a sub-channel (that's what I get for just lurking on the HoI forums most of the time).

Mod Showcases.

This would be a top idea, I'm sure there are some modders who'd be keen to show off their work.

I'd like to see a sitcom between the interactions of the games presented as characters :p

Victoria could be a female genius, also materalistic, has a forbidden relationship with Europa, who's childish, married to Crusader etc.

I really recomand marco antonio channel. Link

he does mostly HOI III videos with Collosal / almost suicidal challenges. and yet he ALWAYS cames out on top and beats all ods!
conquer the world as luxemburg? not a problem.

but is views and subcrieber count is way to low! almost criminal :( is even keeps a steady schedule with content.

he also does EUIV let's plays too. but I have not watch those.

Sounds interesting, I've a couple of short questions about it though:

Are you going to be asking for a set amount of time put towards this on a per-week/month basis or is it just aimed at being more of a 'contribute as you please' soiree?
Does 'wants to help a little but currently has no ideas to put forward (but could certainly come up with some)' fit in your demographic requirement?

Reactions: