• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

FourWinds

Captain
13 Badges
Aug 18, 2014
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
I forgot my Reddit pw last night so only got to read along. Lots of interesting reading, and most of what I would have asked, at this early stage, was touched upon. When you say 36km2 btw, and speak of the ability to switch off this restriction, I'll assume you're at least shooting for the simulation working at 40km2; just to be sure of things right :laugh:

My traffic question:

In an answer, someone from CO answered referencing SC3013 behaviour:

"In other words - if the fire truck doesn't drive up to the fire it never gets put out.
We feel it's more important that the simulation works - that's our first priority - second is having a good visual representation."

So, will traffic be visible for the totality of its journey? Will it really be the case that fires may get put out by invisible appliances? I tend to agree with you that the simulation should come first, but some graphics are rather pivotal.

I forgot my Reddit pw last night so only got to read along. Lots of interesting reading, and most of what I would have asked, at this early stage, was touched upon. When you say 36km2 btw, and speak of the ability to switch off this restriction, I'll assume you're at least shooting for the simulation working at 40km2; just to be sure of things right :laugh:

My traffic question:

In an answer, someone from CO answered referencing SC3013 behaviour:

"In other words - if the fire truck doesn't drive up to the fire it never gets put out.
We feel it's more important that the simulation works - that's our first priority - second is having a good visual representation."

So, will traffic be visible for the totality of its journey? Will it really be the case that fires may get put out by invisible appliances? I tend to agree with you that the simulation should come first, but some graphics are rather pivotal.

I'm pretty sure that even though the simulation isn't reliant on the graphical part working that every car moving, citizen walking etc. still has a purpose.

Don't quote me on that though, I'm just 99%.

Well...... even if traffic is not visible, you can still use the data of traffic density, add that to the travel time and you'll get the firefighter response time ...