• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LumberKing

Philosopher
106 Badges
Dec 16, 2013
www.christianforums.com
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Magicka 2: Ice, Death and Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
IVWNoR3.png

Norse Korea is Best Korea: A Sunrise Invasion Mod

When the Aztecs landed on the shores of Western Europe, the story went how the Vikings after landing in Vinland got caught up with the superpower to the south which was the mighty Aztec Empire in Tenochtitlan, resulting in the history as we know today. As for the Vikings, they were sacrificed to the demonic gods of the Aztecs... That is what we were told.

In truth, some of the Vikings managed to escape from the clutches of the Aztecs and sailed further west. Upon sighting land, they came across a civilized world, but one that was different from medieval Europe. Unlike the Aztecs, these people were a lot more hospitable and tolerant of differences though suspicion regarding their origin remained. The Vikings will later learn that the realm they were residing in was called "Goryeo". The small kingdom wedged between the Chinese Empire under the Mongol Yuan dynasty to the North and the Japanese Empire across the seas to the south, was now beginning to phase into its twilight years as corruptions ruled court life. The king, desperate to hold on to power, called up these strangers from distant lands to his court. Upon learning of their origins and the history, the King decided to adopt the customs and methods of these strangers as his own as well as declaring "Thor" as his personal deity, abandoning his previous religion. With that, "Norse Korea" was born. Where might makes right, there was no place for corruptions to hide when one could end the issue with a swing of an axe. As the realm expanded, the now Emperor of Korea decided that he needed to pay tribute to the father of his personal deity, "Odin" and as such declared his intention to go on a holy pilgrimage. Since a mighty empire blocked his path eastward, he decided to go westward, where he will cut his way towards Valhalla!

Requirements
Crusader Kings II version 2.3.2
Sunset Invasion DLC
Mongol Portraits DLC

Installation
  1. Download the mod from the link below
  2. Delete any existing version
  3. Extract the downloaded content to: ***My Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod
  4. Enjoy

Credits

Cuthuthulu for the Converter and Inspiration from his CK2-EU4 Converter Improvement Project.
.Me for the Korean Portraits from his All Under Heaven Mod.

Compatibility
Because it is my intention to make this mod as compatible as possible (I'll even make it compatible with StarCraft! If I could...) as such there are minimal changes to the vanilla files. The only things changed are some of the graphics and coats of arms files. So long as a mod does not change these and not use the same ID ranges.

Download: View attachment NorseKorea110.zip

I hope you enjoy this and a feedback of any kind would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Reactions:
To the replies above: :D

Right, first update is now up!

Code:
changelog version 1.0.0:
- Fixed a bug where the event for Maldives will continuously pop up
- Added a missing event
- Updated the Converter (graphics for High-tech Chinese is missing, currently requesting an artist)

This is the wonderfullest thing I have ever seen.
Can we haz pics, tho? :3 I can't actually check the mod itself out because I don't actually have CKII on this computer and I'll only be returning later to one where I have it. :\

Reactions:
Right, mini update!

Code:
changelog version 1.0.0a:
- Updated compatibility, now fully compatible with [URL="http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?786915-MOD-Sunrise-Invasion-A-Fantasy-Menace&p=17662361#post17662361"]Sunrise Invasion[/URL] (except for Converter Kings Universalis)
- Added graphics for High-tech Chinese in Converter Kings Universalis

Another minor update will come up quite shortly.

No inspiration credit? :D

I just realised something. Did you mean by this?

If so, I guess it was stuck in my sub-conscious because though I completely forgot about it, it definitely did give me weird ideas. :D

PS I may consider screenshots in the near future, but I'd rather steal this from AARs. ;)

Hmm, the update is taking longer than anticipated.

For now, another quick mini-update!

Code:
changelog version 1.0.0b:
- Fixed an issue with the missing Korean cultural retinues.

Right, update for the Charlemagne DLC is now up!

Code:
changelog version 1.0.0c:
- Updated for compatibility with Charlemagne.
- Reverted Germanic Paganism back to Norse Paganism.

If anyone knows a good Korean portrait mod or have made one themselves, please do let me know. Though the Chinese Portrait Mod is nice, it would be nicer if I could get my hands on for a Korean one.

bump!

Compatibility patch for Charlemagne, Art of War, and Way of Life DLC and the Patch 2.3.2 is out now.

Code:
Changelog version 1.1.0:
- Updated for compatibility with Charlemagne
- Updated for compatibility with Art of War
- Updated for compatibility with Way of Life
- Changed East Asian culture group to Koreanic
- Changed the localisation for Korean titles
- Changed the Korean Portraits
- Changed building names for the Korean culture
- Added retinues for the Korean culture

Though I may do hotfixes, I am taking a break from this for a while since I have taken a huge project.

As always, please feel free to leave a feedback or ten.