• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

.Me

Major
38 Badges
Oct 1, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
sunset_temple_by_athayar-d27datw.jpg

Among history fans we understand:
Who among us have never gone through that stage where you are passionate about the history of the China? It happens to everyone.
But we are not only history fans. We are Nerds. We are proud to be nerds.
And starting from these facts, that I announce the project of a great (I hope) mod, created by the work of me, and bitmapmedivh.

And I add credits to: Rein005, for his magnificent work with the Chinese portraits and ahhheygao, for its "Khitan portraits" (you can found it here http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?768908-MOD-Chinese-Khitan-Portraits)

Verba volant, scripta manent, ok, but the images can talk very well:

203770_screenshots_2014_05_29_00002.jpg

This is a map of the east. Bow down to the mighty Tang!

jap.jpg

will be you to find the perfect cherry blossom? it's time for the emergence of one shogun? Or you decide to be on the side of the wild tribes of north, the Ainu, and you regain the land of your ancestors for the glory of the Great Bear?

screen1.jpg

Also a religious vision of the south east asia region.

screen2.jpg

And of the China.

screen3.jpg

Some cultures for you.

screen4.jpg

In this period, the powerful Uighur Khanate has just broken down into two smallest kingdoms, both of Manichaean religion.

203770_screenshots_2014_07_25_00007.jpg

And their prophet, is here.

203770_screenshots_2014_07_25_00013.jpg

Around the mysterious Tibet, there are also the last saka domains. They are the last descendants of the ancient tribes of Scythia. Now of hindu/buddhist religion.

attachment.php

And the distant and hazy Tocharian kingdom of Khotan, in the Tarim Basin, from where long ago, they started the conquest of great part of asia, founded the Kushan Empire.

screenvudnv.jpg

Can you start a conquest of the world from Lasha?

attachment.php

Or from the Ryukyu island?

borneo.jpg

The austronesian peoples of borneo.

all_asia.jpg

This is the situation of the mod:
We have created a new map, new events, new cultures, new religions, and much more for the asiatic continent.
but this is not all!
Currently, I worked on a sub-mod, "All Under Heaven Improvments" = AUHIMP, which adds a lot in our old continent, and much more in the Middle East.
In this submod I modified the scandalous "mediterranean portraits" watching myself in the mirror every now and then while I worked on to make sure of the appearance of the real mediterranean peoples, now the "Mediterranean" portraits are used only for Andalusian and Berber cultures.
I have added many new religions and the ability to re-establish the Roman Empire of the West.
And even rare events that will allow you to be contacted by "sorcerers", followers of long dead(?) religions. (thanks to the creator of "ancient religion reborn"). The Assyrian empire can return? A new pharaoh can rise up? The Roman Empire can return to the religion of the forefathers? Only on my submod. xP

but back to us: the mod is currently incomplete. We absolutely need help to finish it, because of lack of time, we do not know when we will be able to finish it. Anyone who is interested in helping out (very little work is missing !), Please contact us.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Still broken.

Question- Would the submod be compatible on the vanilla map?

No images for me too :eek:o
But there is only Asia or Europe will be present?

At least add North Africa!
Who can omit the mighty Saladin?

It is a map extension, so you can still play in Europe, the Middle East and India if you want. ;)

Try to unite all of Mongolia and recreate an even larger Empire if you can. :D

It is a map extension, so you can still play in Europe, the Middle East and India if you want. ;)

Try to unite all of Mongolia and recreate an even larger Empire if you can. :D
You mean that the map will stay the same as was in vanilla,with just adding China and SEA?
Damn,I want to see the pictures so much!

The paradoxical thing is that my pc has always displayed properly all those pictures. Look if you can see it now, or until I fixed my pc, I can't help you ;)

At least add North Africa!
Who can omit the mighty Saladin?

The main mod is structured exactly like an expansion, following the same path as the official dlc like RoI; trying to change as little as possible to the regions of the pre-existing map.
Have no fear, you can continue to use your Saladin ;)

Last edited:
The paradoxical thing is that my pc has always displayed properly all those pictures. Look if you can see it now, or until I fixed my pc, I can't help you ;)

The main mod is structured exactly like an expansion, following the same path as the official dlc like RoI; trying to change as little as possible to the regions of the pre-existing map.
Have no fear, you can continue to use your Saladin ;)

Pictures work for me now

Looks really cool. I am now excited.
A couple of points on the Chinese Emperors, though. The dynasty name should be Li, as it is their surname, instead of Tang, the state they have founded.
Second, this Yizong Emperor's name is actually Cui (According to the time, but ignore this if he is not a historical character). Yizong is the title given to him after his death. Chinese emperors receives a title after his death by his successor.
I would prefer a different COA for Tang. I don't think the current one ("courage") is a good one.
On the Japan section, I assume it is still WIP. But they should not have the word "Duchy" after their family name. Fujiwara is their family name, not the landed title.

Looks really cool. I am now excited.
A couple of points on the Chinese Emperors, though. The dynasty name should be Li, as it is their surname, instead of Tang, the state they have founded.
Second, this Yizong Emperor's name is actually Cui (According to the time, but ignore this if he is not a historical character). Yizong is the title given to him after his death. Chinese emperors receives a title after his death by his successor.
I would prefer a different COA for Tang. I don't think the current one ("courage") is a good one.
On the Japan section, I assume it is still WIP. But they should not have the word "Duchy" after their family name. Fujiwara is their family name, not the landed title.

Any suggestion is welcome! :)
About china and the name of the rulers, it was a significant problem, because the emperors used many types of names. They had "temple name", "regnal name" and finally the names that were assigned after death, as you rightly say. To overcome this problem, without having to deal with "hard-coded" game structures, for the "historical" emperors we have used the name that is given to them post-mortem because is the name under which they are known to the official historiography, but for now China uses the same system of the Papal States, a ruler, just ascended to the throne will receive proper regnal name.
For now the CoA are still random, when the mod is complete, we will focus even on this.

About the family name "tang", unfortunately it is necessary (at least, for now); for china and japan at the moment we are using the same system that uses the vanilla to the Islamic and Hindu rulers, the name of the dynasty is no different from the name of the title. Call the chinese empire simply "China" in my umble opinion is an error, but it may be that we will do so if the circumstances require ^^.
In each case the "Li" family was very large, and there is also a lot of people adopted the surname of the ruling family, for example most of the Chinese nobility of the time, of Turkish origin, or even Persian (Chinese sources say that a descendant of the Sassanids was still alive at the time of the first start date of the game under the name "Li", and is told that he built a Nestorian Christian church near Chang'an... ), had adopted this name, and this makes this thing even more confusing.
Exactly, japan is still a work in progress, 'll fix everything in due time :)