• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1066: It's like a perversion of everything the Stanford Bridge stands for...

(How did I get this far this quickly? We may never know...)

Spiritual:
vM9un7L.png

Is that a speck of Hellenic I see?

Is that a speck of Hellenic I see?

Yes!

Clean borders, maybe not. But completely scattered provinces and empires is just as unrealistic. I think any provinces without a land or sea connection to the capital should devolve to local rulers.

I agree, but I don't think there is a realistic solution for it.

Clean borders, maybe not. But completely scattered provinces and empires is just as unrealistic. I think any provinces without a land or sea connection to the capital should devolve to local rulers.

That's actually an interesting idea. If we take into account only feudal/pre-feudal states, they did not have scattered outposts so you could make a case for this mechanic. I for myself would do it this way:
The moment a new ruler (king or higher) ascends to the throne, every non-de jure vassal whose capital holding is not connected to the realm's capital would be declared independent. Sadly, I do not know if there is a connection check present in CK2.

It could even be made the way that AI would always let the problematic guys go while the player could decide to keep them in his flock.

It seems that the regular CK2 does not support contiguous territory check. But CK2+ does - digging through the old Wiz's architecture I've found the workaround he used. I am curious whether you are interested...imho, making the borders less ugly is sth far more important than, say, everyone-with-everyone melting pots.

Last edited:
Quick question, working on finishing the islamic flavor right now and am wondering how you guys would feel about giving Islam a increased conversion rate for the first 200 or so years after they appear.

In Enlil's game Islam should have really grown bigger then 1 province, especially considering how the Caliphate managed to control all of Arabia.

And also, I think you might want to make it so that unreformed Pagans can convert non-pagan provinces, the Franks should have really converted some of their provinces considering that they controlled that land for hundreds of years.

In the religion file under the pagan group just change "ai_convert_other_group = 0" to "ai_convert_other_group = 2"

Well... That's an excellent question.

Seems to be because at one time the Lugdunensis ruled from Africa to Scandinavia and someone fancied the deserts of Mauritania and the frozen lands of the North as his inheritance.

Seems to be because at one time the Lugdunensis ruled from Africa to Scandinavia and someone fancied the deserts of Mauritania and the frozen lands of the North as his inheritance.

Yep, and because of that, Mauretania is now Reformed Slavic

Quick question, working on finishing the islamic flavor right now and am wondering how you guys would feel about giving Islam a increased conversion rate for the first 200 or so years after they appear.

In Enlil's game Islam should have really grown bigger then 1 province, especially considering how the Caliphate managed to control all of Arabia.

But the Caliphate only existed for 20 years before trying to invade Axum.

But the Caliphate only existed for 20 years before trying to invade Axum.

...Actually, I think you are right on this.

"The objective of the conquests ( The Muslim Conquests ) was more than anything of a practical nature, as fertile land and water were scarce in the Arabian peninsula. A real Islamization therefore only came about in the subsequent centuries."

So I don't think large-scale and quick spread of Islam should be a thing, but in the Arabian interior I think it should definitely be enforced, at least to the degree of there being a event that fires while Muhammad is alive to convert some of the Semetic pagan provinces.

Maybe a conversion bonus against same culture and or abrahamic/semitic faiths? (You could probably do this with province modifiers i.e if year is <X province is arab culture group, and liege (top liege?) is muslim then a conversion bonus applies)

Though actually it probably should get a malus on converting Abrahamic and Zoroastrian now that I think about it, but should be good at converting pagans.

On the subject of scattered provinces. Perhaps disconnected provinces that aren't across the sea, and all or most provinces beyond a certain legalism or trade influenced distance (diplo range?), should have a chance of simply becoming independent in times of weakness (large loss of territory, succession, heavy levy depletion etc.) to represent the de facto independence of those areas. Like how the Saffarids, Karen, Tahirids etc. are independent in game even though they were technically vassals of the Abbassids. Alternately special revolts or special independence casus belli that come with extra event troops (who disappear after the war) could work, but I feel like that would be less elegant.

The only way that I know to fix messy borders (which is something like eu4's military access) is something way out of ck2's reach, I would just keep it as is and as a player try to help the ai set up clean borders.

The only way that I know to fix messy borders (which is something like eu4's military access) is something way out of ck2's reach, I would just keep it as is and as a player try to help the ai set up clean borders.

Well, I have already proposed a partial solution but since no one cares, people here pbly do not really think that it is an important issue.

Spiritual:
vM9un7L.png

Okay, I just have to ask:

That purple thing in North Africa?

The brown area in Egypt?

What is going on around Venice?

And what is that purple religion in Somalia?

That would be a Cult of Lucifer

Which is a branch of Satanism? I didn´t even know that was in the game! How powerful is it?

Which is a branch of Satanism? I didn´t even know that was in the game! How powerful is it?

It is not a branch of Satanism. Luciferianism and Satanism are very different. Where Satanism is a more naturalistic and primal religion, condoning violence and carnal acts, Luciferianism worships Lucifer as the "Dawn Star" and is focused on knowledge and learning, seeking enlightenment through learning. Historically they were pesecuted in Germany around 1231.

It is not a branch of Satanism. Luciferianism and Satanism are very different. Where Satanism is a more naturalistic and primal religion, condoning violence and carnal acts, Luciferianism worships Lucifer as the "Dawn Star" and is focused on knowledge and learning, seeking enlightenment through learning. Historically they were pesecuted in Germany around 1231.

My mistake then

Status
Not open for further replies.