• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

iClex

Private
101 Badges
May 25, 2013
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
This is my first mod so please be nice to me^^

I know atheism isn't that fitting into the feudal times, but I still thought it would be funny to have it :D
Thanks to al3xytp for french localisation :)

Can somebody please explain to me how I can do Spoilers :D

Features:
-new "religion"
-new mercenaries
-new "holy" order
-new CB(s)

Planned features:
-new events
-add modifiers to atheists how they think about some traits and stuff
-(new CBs)
-heresies
-flavor flavor flavor

Changelog:
0.3.1:
-updatet to 2.1.4
-deleted heresies (for now)
-Atheism can't have a religious head anymore

0.3:
-lots of french localisation (thank you al3xytp)
-christian heresies (moderate christians)
-decision to become atheist if you are a moderate christ

0.2:
-added mercenaries
-added a new CB
-fixed the "Great War of Knowledge"

0.1:
-First release

Attachments

• Atheism 0.3.1.rar
    221,9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Wait, it has a religious head? That seems... counter-intuitive. In the Middle Ages, the resultant low moral authority from basically being unreformed pagan with no holy sites makes sense. Authority through strength of arms only! Maybe could add a bonus to tech spread rate in its provinces, if possible?

Can you make the "religious head" wear a fedora? :p

Honestly the "Cynic" trait reflects feudal atheism better; you still believe God exists, he's just dead or doesn't care about humanity in your eyes.

Can you make the "religious head" wear a fedora? :p

Honestly the "Cynic" trait reflects feudal atheism better; you still believe God exists, he's just dead or doesn't care about humanity in your eyes.

It's not supossed to be a medieval form. It's supossed to be the present form.
And if you don't believe in a god but are zealous and blindly believe everything the atheists say you're not better then the zealuos religious. So i want to change the way the traits work for atheists.

Modern guy inexplicably in the middle ages, immortal and with an utterly ludicrous health score? Not, in fact, brilliant. It's farcical. :/

It was a joke xD

As an atheist I find this very funny :laugh:

All shall bow before the might of rational inquiry! In the name of Darwin, forward my brothers!

This mod does bring out one annoying thing about the game: most of the mercs in Europe are exclusive to christians. Would be nice to be able to hire more than two companies as an atheist HRE.

This mod does bring out one annoying thing about the game: most of the mercs in Europe are exclusive to christians. Would be nice to be able to hire more than two companies as an atheist HRE.

Well I think I have to maybe think about that. I could make it so that every religion or just christians and atheists can hire the mercenaries. maybe 1 or 2 holy orders for atheists would be a good idea too.

Well I think I have to maybe think about that. I could make it so that every religion or just christians and atheists can hire the mercenaries. maybe 1 or 2 holy orders for atheists would be a good idea too.

Sounds good. There's also a small problem with the crusade cb, can't use it since it never gets "activated" like the normal ones.

Sounds good. There's also a small problem with the crusade cb, can't use it since it never gets "activated" like the normal ones.

actually it should be activated right from the beginning. It's called "Great War of Knowledge". However, I think I change the religious head in a way that it's not formable. It's too unrealistic after all^^

actually it should be activated right from the beginning. It's called "Great War of Knowledge". However, I think I change the religious head in a way that it's not formable. It's too unrealistic after all^^

Huh, for some reason couldn't declare it.

This looks interesting. So, you have Atheists who don't like Atheist zealots, but like cynics?

I interpret this as "God doesn't exist and you're an idiot for believing otherwise" being frowned upon.

Might I suggest adding events that make Atheism seem less like a religion, and instead make it cause amusing interactions with the various religions?

I'm a bit confused by the 'atheist church' disapproving of zealots. After all, the zealots are not actually religious zealots anymore, they're atheistic zealots. So they'd be firm and unquestioning in their belief that, in fact, there is no God. Why would the atheist 'church' disapprove of really super-not believing in God? Especially as this is the form of atheism that would support going for a "Great War of Knowledge."