• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Myrten

General
120 Badges
Jun 26, 2004
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Deus Vult
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
I wonder how high income you can get from trade :D

Current records:
12073 by Myrten as Germany http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ade-income&p=16065478&viewfull=1#post16065478
10160 by firelordzuko as Spain http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ade-income&p=16056844&viewfull=1#post16056844

Here's my record income

How my trade route looks (From Spain game, add Bordeaux->London->Antwerpen into that for Germany):

Save if anyone wants to take a look at details:
http://speedy.sh/VT3kw/Spain1780-06-03.7z

Last edited:
Ummm... how? Must be cheating.

Nope he's not cheating. You can make a ridiculous amount of money with trade from your colonies and placing your merchants in good spots. Although the stack of 250 ships seems a bit OP.

I imagine that spirals out of control at some point where the only thing holding you back from building things is your monarch points.
Yeah, just look at my treasury - there is no way how I can spend this incoming money - I've already build manufactories in entire Iberia but monarch points are a problem.

Although the stack of 250 ships seems a bit OP.
OP is that 65 British ships take so much of my gold that I had to build 250 and they still steal 240 gold. I guess I'll end up with thousand ships there...

Doesnt your inflation explode when you have to much gold?
I have 19.49 income from gold despite having lands of Aztecs, Incas and southern Swahili, so no inflation whatsoever...

Seeing that you are Spain and there is no Spain in sight on that screenshot, you moved your capital to the Americas eh? Anyway, seeing how much money you have, it might be a good idea to put up permanent inflation modifier for when you are simply too rich. There is no difference whether you gain so much money from gold that you gain inflation or you have so much money, that you have nothing to spend them all on (which SHOULD lead to inflation, the more you have to bigger!).

Seeing that you are Spain and there is no Spain in sight on that screenshot, you moved your capital to the Americas eh? Anyway, seeing how much money you have, it might be a good idea to put up permanent inflation modifier for when you are simply too rich. There is no difference whether you gain so much money from gold that you gain inflation or you have so much money, that you have nothing to spend them all on (which SHOULD lead to inflation, the more you have to bigger!).

He has the trade map mode on.

Its in the trade mapmode...

I just noticed, that amount seems to be with 5 embargos against him, and 3 from him against others.
If those weren't there it most like would've been quite a bit higher as both supposedly give penalties.

I just noticed, that amount seems to be with 5 embargos against him, and 3 from him against others.
If those weren't there it most like would've been quite a bit higher as both supposedly give penalties.

The 3 he's giving are almost certainly rivals, so no penalty there; in addition, those embargoes help him by killing their trade power in important nodes.

The funny thing is : he still cannot conquer the world because his empire is going to be ripped apart at 200%+ overextension.
Yeah overextension is deadly for trade although I'm not sure when game considers node to be foreign because I didn't had that penalty in Ceylon node.

Capital is in Madrid, there is a difference in real life between printing\minting money and earning it so it makes sense that there is no inflation. In this case amount of goods have increased dramatically but amount of gold stayed on the same level so actually there should be deflation, but it's too complex for this game:D

3 rivals + I sometimes embargo some countries for a short period of time so AI would get their ships out of my nodes :D