• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neondt

Game Design Lead
Paradox Staff
79 Badges
Jul 24, 2011
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
OUTDATED THREAD, NEW THREAD CAN BE FOUND HERE: >CLICK<

Something I did last week for some reason. Pretty much what it says on the tin.

Download Here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63452275/amazons FP- 1.11.zip

Here's Penthesilea, Queen of Cyrene, and her realm:

s87u.jpg

And the much more military-minded Queen Hippolyta of Scythia

ijwu.jpg

New: Pontus

These rulers appear in both the Old Gods and 1066 bookmarks.

Amazons are locked into Enatic succession.
All held provinces at these start dates have Amazon culture and Hellenic religion.
Amazon women can hold any council position.
Amazon rulers have to purge their court of men every 3 months or so. Kind-hearted rulers can simply banish them, but cruel matriarchs may choose to kill them instead.
Hellenic rulers get the usual pagan defensive bonuses, and can prepare invasions like Vikings.
New Amazon rulers of Scythia, Cyrene and Pontus get a bunch of awesome female courtiers for free.
Amazons can hold Aphrodisia, the sacred festival of Aphrodite. It offers chances to get pregnant, and children conceived at the festival get positive traits.
Hellenic Amazons who control Thessalonike can create the Empire of Amazonia

This mod is undergoing a change of management.

Neondt was the original author of this mod.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does the Queen of Cyrene have what appears to be the owl of Athene as her coat-of-arms? Wouldn't a symbol of Ares be more appropriate?

And Ares was the father of the two most well-known Amazonian princesses/queens, Hippolyte and Penthesilea, which is why I mentioned it.

Thought I might as well put some more work into this, seeing as how it's already had more downloads in a day than Novgorod Republic has had in over a month.

• Added a new Amazon realm: Pontus
  • Created an Amazon culture with "historical" names
  • Amazon men are all named either Doulos or Diakonos
  • Added localisation for the Classical culture group

Should be compatible with the previous version, though it won't add Pontus to existing saved games.

Amazon culture, for anyone interested:

Code:
classical_group = {
	amazon = {
		graphical_culture = byzantinegfx

color = { 0.25 0.5 0.75 }

male_names = {
			Diakonos Doulos
		}
		female_names = {
			Aegea Ainia Ainippe Alce Amastris Anaea Andromache Antianeira Areto Clete Cyme Cynna Ephesos Eurypyle Gryne Helene Hippo Lampedo Latoreia Lysippe Marpesia Melanippe Molpadia Myrleia Myrto Mytilene Orithyia Otrera Pantariste Pitane Priene Sanape Sinope Sisyrbe Smyrna Themiscyra
		}

from_dynasty_prefix = "of "

pat_grf_name_chance = 50
		mat_grf_name_chance = 50
		father_name_chance = 0

pat_grm_name_chance = 50
		mat_grm_name_chance = 50
		mother_name_chance = 0

modifier = default_culture_modifier
	}
}

That's a lot of variety in male names.

I suppose that's on purpose?

Might I suggest creating a corrupted form of Hellenic Paganism for the Amazon women? It'd open up the ability for Amazonian-only banquets, etc.

I'm willing to offer my help in developing Amazonian religion. I made a corrupted form of Norse and Orthodox Christianity in a previous update before all my work was set to waste by an update ;)

Might I suggest creating a corrupted form of Hellenic Paganism for the Amazon women? It'd open up the ability for Amazonian-only banquets, etc.

I'm willing to offer my help in developing Amazonian religion. I made a corrupted form of Norse and Orthodox Christianity in a previous update before all my work was set to waste by an update ;)

I don't see a particular need to make a separate religion for the Amazons, seeing as Hellenic isn't used anywhere else in the game.

I'm already working on a "festival" event for the Amazons. It's called "Aphrodisia", the festival of Aphrodite. The idea is that it it gives Amazon women the chance to get pregnant, which is otherwise difficult for them as they have to expel male courtiers (including spouses) every few months. I'll also give any Amazon that gets pregnant from the festival a modifier that'll give the resultant child a special trait of some description.

Well, it'd work better if "amazonism" was religion rather than culture, since in-game its religion decides on mechanics, not culture, and it would prevent quite silly things as muslim or catholic amazons.

I don't see a particular need to make a separate religion for the Amazons, seeing as Hellenic isn't used anywhere else in the game.

I'm already working on a "festival" event for the Amazons. It's called "Aphrodisia", the festival of Aphrodite. The idea is that it it gives Amazon women the chance to get pregnant, which is otherwise difficult for them as they have to expel male courtiers (including spouses) every few months. I'll also give any Amazon that gets pregnant from the festival a modifier that'll give the resultant child a special trait of some description.

Hm. I've never gotten the event to exile all the males. Ever.

Is there any plans to somehow get rid of the -10 opinion for female ruler and -10 opinion for female heir? Also all the baron level (mayors/priest/baron) rulers are males and the ruler of the barony who has a dynasty name is unwilling to matrimarry my queen even though he is Amazon culture.

It still needs a lot of tweaking, but I think its cool that an amazon mod came out. A couple of other people said they were making one but I don't think they are out yet.

A few issues:
The Sunni sent a missionary to my court. When I imprisoned him, he died immediately and mousing over the skull, it said he died in battle which made no sense. All the men from my court also seemed to die in battle for some reason. They were all exiled through an event and supposedly they were all in someone else's court, but when they died they were all in my court. I assume they somehow decided to come back and all got killed?

Personally, I'd like to not have to exile or kill all males including your own infant sons every 3 months. It would be nice if we can somehow mod it so that the amazon mother only gives birth to females. As it stands it is a huge disadvantage to be amazon because all your male children are exiled and can't inherit. Your chances of having multiple inheritable children are low and your chances of not having any inheritable children are relatively high. This is compounded by the fact that since you are female, you cannot impregnant multiple spouses like a male. With a fertility of 105% and a husband with 75% fertility, I had 1 son at the age of 22 another at age 25 and so far no daughters at the age of 31. It seems quite likely that my dynasty will end with the founder.

The start locations also renders your coastal conquest CB relatively useless because all your neighbors are stronger than you. You end up having to fabricate claims in a distant county which I have had no luck getting in the last 11 years. CBs for amazons are going to be important because amazons will have more difficulty playing the marriage and inheritance game to gain titles.

hey, nice mod! but i think getting rid of males should be different somehow, perhaps based on an intrigue event like feasts. along with killing all your sons/prisoners, it also kills your sons-in-law. i cant seem to have any grandchildren because of this. maybe add an event where all non-pregnant women go kidnap men for one night to get pregnant? that way there wont be any need for marriage. and i dont know if its at all possible but being able to marry other women for spouse bonuses would be cool along with such an event.

Is there any plans to somehow get rid of the -10 opinion for female ruler and -10 opinion for female heir? Also all the baron level (mayors/priest/baron) rulers are males and the ruler of the barony who has a dynasty name is unwilling to matrimarry my queen even though he is Amazon culture.

It's possible to remove the female ruler and female heir penalty, but only for all characters in the game regardless of culture. Fortunately female vassals aren't affected by this so generally speaking it's not a problem for the Amazons. Mayors are always male and (in my experience) about half the priests are too; these men are essentially high-ranking servants in Amazon society. They'll also provide somebody to copulate with at the Aphrodisia festival when it's done.

It still needs a lot of tweaking, but I think its cool that an amazon mod came out. A couple of other people said they were making one but I don't think they are out yet.

A few issues:
The Sunni sent a missionary to my court. When I imprisoned him, he died immediately and mousing over the skull, it said he died in battle which made no sense. All the men from my court also seemed to die in battle for some reason. They were all exiled through an event and supposedly they were all in someone else's court, but when they died they were all in my court. I assume they somehow decided to come back and all got killed?

Personally, I'd like to not have to exile or kill all males including your own infant sons every 3 months. It would be nice if we can somehow mod it so that the amazon mother only gives birth to females. As it stands it is a huge disadvantage to be amazon because all your male children are exiled and can't inherit. Your chances of having multiple inheritable children are low and your chances of not having any inheritable children are relatively high. This is compounded by the fact that since you are female, you cannot impregnant multiple spouses like a male. With a fertility of 105% and a husband with 75% fertility, I had 1 son at the age of 22 another at age 25 and so far no daughters at the age of 31. It seems quite likely that my dynasty will end with the founder.

The start locations also renders your coastal conquest CB relatively useless because all your neighbors are stronger than you. You end up having to fabricate claims in a distant county which I have had no luck getting in the last 11 years. CBs for amazons are going to be important because amazons will have more difficulty playing the marriage and inheritance game to gain titles.

The seemingly-random death in battle thing has been fixed in my local build. I'll upload a new version later today. Problem was that characters other than the ruler were getting the kill men event.

I'm working on an event chain to increase the chances of getting pregnant as an Amazon. There's no way to prevent male children from being born, not that that would make any sense even within the fictional context of the mod; Amazon women could have male children.

Amazons don't get a Coastal CB. It's the standard pagan county conquest CB. I think they've already got enough options in terms of CB's: they can subjugate other pagans, use county conquest, and prepare invasions.

hey, nice mod! but i think getting rid of males should be different somehow, perhaps based on an intrigue event like feasts. along with killing all your sons/prisoners, it also kills your sons-in-law. i cant seem to have any grandchildren because of this. maybe add an event where all non-pregnant women go kidnap men for one night to get pregnant? that way there wont be any need for marriage. and i dont know if its at all possible but being able to marry other women for spouse bonuses would be cool along with such an event.

The only change I'd make to the man killing/banishing would be putting the event on a timer so that it'll occur less often but more certainly. Again, I'm adding an event series that greatly increases the chance of pregnancy. I'm not sure if you can force women to marry each other via event but it might be worth a look.

Update

• Added more Amazon names
  • Fixed non-ruler characters getting the kill-all-men event
  • Added the Aphrodisia Festival decision and event chain
  • Added the Daughter of Aphrodite and Blessed by Aphrodite traits
  • Added a very rare event that spawns a special character
  • Hellenic Pagans now worship Ares, Athena, Artemis, Aphrodite, and Zeus rather than the vanilla list
  • Added two cultural retinues: Amazon Archers ( offensive Archers + Horse Archers) and Amazon Phalanx (defensive Pikemen)

Aphrodisia

Amazon rulers between the ages of 16 and 45 can hold the Aphrodisia festival if they have 50 piety and at least one female vassal/child of the same age and religion.

At the festival, invited characters have a decent chance of getting pregnant by a random male in the realm (probably a mayor or priest).

At each festival one Amazon woman is chosen to be the avatar of Aphrodite. This character is guaranteed to get pregnant.

Daughters (but not sons) conceived at Aphrodisia are instantly legitimised and gain a special trait. Most will get the Blessed by Aphrodite trait which increases fertility and diplomacy, as well as increasing the opinion of other Hellenic characters. A daughter of the avatar of Aphrodite will get the Daughter of Aphrodite trait, which is much better.

There's a chance that attendees will get a little too excited and get an event which gives a further chance of pregnancy and/or the Hedonist trait. You can also choose to show some restraint.

Note that impregnated characters don't immediately gain the Pregnant trait. That's just how pregnancy works, it'll appear a few months later.

edit: if you downloaded the update recently, you might want to check the changes again to make sure you've got everything. I added more stuff twice after posting the initial update.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.