• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fear not Lucifer, for your ever faithful follower still reads on; we've just gotten to the best part, and it'd be a shame to sputter out, so please keep going, no matter how long you need in between to write an update, if you take a break we can wait but its just too juicy to quit now :D so many pockets, such a thrashing given, and yet such a thrashing coming.

You can always post less detailed updates encompassing a longer timeframe if you must. Don't worry about delays. They are not uncommon in AARs and as long as the AAR doesn't die, it's not really a big problem. Typically people wait much longer for the next book in a book series or the first episode of the next season of a TV show than for the next AAR update ;). The important thing is that continuing the AAR should be fun for you. I know that readers' comments are important for an AAR writer, so here is thumbs up for Lucifer for giving us this great AAR :D :thumbsup:.

BTW look at the date of the first post, man! 18-05-2013! 65 pages filled with updates and comments. You should be proud.

Fear not Lucifer, for your ever faithful follower still reads on; we've just gotten to the best part, and it'd be a shame to sputter out, so please keep going, no matter how long you need in between to write an update, if you take a break we can wait but its just too juicy to quit now :D so many pockets, such a thrashing given, and yet such a thrashing coming.
We will see what I will do. But for now I have some pockets to trash :)

It ould be a real shame to end this without total victory! ;)
Whose total victory? :unsure:

You can always post less detailed updates encompassing a longer timeframe if you must. Don't worry about delays. They are not uncommon in AARs and as long as the AAR doesn't die, it's not really a big problem. Typically people wait much longer for the next book in a book series or the first episode of the next season of a TV show than for the next AAR update ;). The important thing is that continuing the AAR should be fun for you. I know that readers' comments are important for an AAR writer, so here is thumbs up for Lucifer for giving us this great AAR :D :thumbsup:.

BTW look at the date of the first post, man! 18-05-2013! 65 pages filled with updates and comments. You should be proud.
It is not as much about receiving comments than having the time to play and write the updates (even if comments from time to time are obviously welcome). Thank you for the thumbs up... and now go voting :p

Yes indeed. Even if you do 1 a month, covering a month in-game, that's fine.
It wouldn't be possible. I just can't :closedeyes:

Ok, I had to stay at home today, so I used the opportunity to write another update (I have enough material left for another one). Enjoy!
KXQIEPL.jpg

<- The faltering North | 25? What else now? ->

Last edited:
I meant German total victory in Eurasia and Africa. If that's accomplished, we can all settle down in contentment. Seriously, though, you've done an amazing job so far and I'd be willing to wait a few months for an update or two.

Keep it up,you did good progress.Defeat sov WIF AI not a easy goal

PS you have very old ver of WIF,will you make AAR on a new base with new features and AI?

That TC... maybe build some militia with MP brigades and spread them on anti-partisan duty, to keep their impact on TC down?
I intend to build some GAR+MP when I will have the IC needed (writing this is almost a joke), now that I have the MP available. Meanwhile, I will use auxiliary troops after the reduction of the pockets.

I meant German total victory in Eurasia and Africa. If that's accomplished, we can all settle down in contentment. Seriously, though, you've done an amazing job so far and I'd be willing to wait a few months for an update or two.
I know what you meant :)

Polish and Romanians? Poles still exist? i thought you had wiped us out :p
The bad Poles have been wiped out as you wrote it. The good ones are now fighting for the Reich among the forces of the General Government. Perhaps you don't remember but they have built a FTR unit. Crazy!

Keep it up,you did good progress.Defeat sov WIF AI not a easy goal
PS you have very old ver of WIF,will you make AAR on a new base with new features and AI?
No, I will certainly try the last version.. I don't know when. Should I start another AAR, it would be the 1945 scenario.

Last edited:
i can take this only as revenge on false "allies" :) Perhaps, after you have - moved - Poles from the german Lebensraum, Poles can be granted a nice chunk of Siberia or moved to Madagascar. The latter would be best :p :) ;)

Update pleas!

Just caught up to your AAR after 2 days of reading it. Bold strategies, and impressive results in the Mediterranean and African Fronts. I've never been able to accomplish what you have as fast as you have. And your IC management, I either end up with lots of tanks, but a small air force, or a large air force with a small tank arm. Impressive how you managed it.

Looks like you have the whole Southern Front secure and in the bag. I don't think there is really a threat worth considering to disrupt your plans in the South. I have a feeling you'll deal with the Moscow area fairly well. A piece at a time strategy? Also, I think once your infantry catches up, your position in the center won't be as precarious. Do you think you'll have Russia done for by the winter? At least the Moscow area armies taken care of, either captured or nullified?

Good Luck.

i can take this only as revenge on false "allies" :) Perhaps, after you have - moved - Poles from the german Lebensraum, Poles can be granted a nice chunk of Siberia or moved to Madagascar. The latter would be best :p :) ;)
The only use the Reich can have of this General Government air wing is air recon... or hitting helpless transports (air or sea). They are no match against anything with a gun onboard.

You are so fast, congrats.
Yep... except for the updates. I can't believe that the last one was 2 months ago. I didn't have time to work on any except one... and the computer rebooted before I was done. I have good hope to be able to resume the AAR before the end of this month.

Update pleas!

Just caught up to your AAR after 2 days of reading it. Bold strategies, and impressive results in the Mediterranean and African Fronts. I've never been able to accomplish what you have as fast as you have. And your IC management, I either end up with lots of tanks, but a small air force, or a large air force with a small tank arm. Impressive how you managed it.

Looks like you have the whole Southern Front secure and in the bag. I don't think there is really a threat worth considering to disrupt your plans in the South. I have a feeling you'll deal with the Moscow area fairly well. A piece at a time strategy? Also, I think once your infantry catches up, your position in the center won't be as precarious. Do you think you'll have Russia done for by the winter? At least the Moscow area armies taken care of, either captured or nullified?

Good Luck.
Thank you for the nice words. I am glad that you like this AAR. To answer your questions,
-I play at a slow pace. I couldn't manage all these fronts without doing awful mistakes if I was not checking everything, with almost all the messages enabled in Settings.

-I think that the Caucasus front will collapse soon. At least before that Iran will provide a land bridge. North of the Caspian sea, that's another problem. I have slowed down my advance as I have reached the TC threshold that I had set as my limit. This will give time to the Red Army to recreate a front line there.

-Moscow... I am not that confident. Actually I am confident nowhere. Lost of my land units are currently not being strategically redeployed because:
1- my TC level
2- they are being used to hold/finish the pockets
3- I don't want to redeploy them in a province which could be recaptured by the Red Army.

I wrote that I was no confident because there are currently 20-25 Red ARMs which are reorganizing somewhere, and I don't know where this somewhere is :(

-As I wrote it in the AAR, the Heer is still maneuvering better than the Red Army, that is why you may think that Moscow may fall before the end of 1941. But the coefficient of saturation is almost reached, where the sheer size of the Red Army will prevent me from keeping doing that for much longer.

Just as things were getting more interesting, I find myself short of updates to read. :p

Pls don't be kill.
I hope being able to resume the AAR quite soon.

Meanwhile (and I apologize that I don't have the time to create a propaganda poster to support it this time), you can still vote for this AAR in the category "Who had the best gameplay AAR of 2014?" if you feel so. :rolleyes:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?835599-2014-Gameplay-AAR-of-the-Year

!!!
6b8d1b344bff170d04555e05af3211f74a6d439065e59872c278c2cabcc75ee3.jpg

Attachments

• 6b8d1b344bff170d04555e05af3211f74a6d439065e59872c278c2cabcc75ee3.jpg
    6b8d1b344bff170d04555e05af3211f74a6d439065e59872c278c2cabcc75ee3.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 39
In order to support the developers and find discrepancies between the files and the final result, like the location of the rivers, some of the wrong connexions between provinces or aberhant climate zones, I have created a GIS map. Meanwhile, I had to modify its model to allow the display of this kind of maps. Bizon helped me by writing a tool which extract directly from a save which country control/occupy which province, and the content of this one. After, I just have to import these data in the GIS map. From this scenario, I can now create these maps anywhere on the globe, from any save, and in less than 10 mn. I can share the resulting maps (see my sig) but not the GIS map.
(bad English, very tired)

Is it possible to download this tool anywhere?, btw is this AAR on stop or dead?

Hi eeex,

Here is a link to the tool you requested: http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/501730/ProvOwnership4.rar
I had to try several times before being able to remember how it works. Just unzip the file and look at the ReadMe file that I have quickly created yesterday and containing the instructions. I have also attached a savegame and a resulting file (they are just examples, they are not required). I have tried the tool with 1.03 only.
If you have any problem, just PM me.

To answer your other question, the AAR is on hold. I have only played 2 days ahead in the story, what was it.... 6 months ago?. I don't have a crashed PC, HD... I just lack the time for this (but believe me, it is increasingly itching me as I want to know how it will end)

Thanks!

Reactions: