• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Seeing those casualties depresses me...
This comment, I like it! :rolleyes:

You will really have to keep Moscow surrounded now, it may be your only chance to win. Its gamey, and retarded that provinces outside of the capital cant use their own ic to produce a supply depot, but the soviets have so much troops now that its the only choice.
Actually, Moscow is no longer the capital and no longer the source of supply. If I could keep it surrounded, I would. But what are the chances that it will happen? :unsure:

A per JonathanJ6's request, here is the status of the German research. I wrote it in one of the update but I will do it again, I intend researching only older technologies for a while in order to partially catch up.

O8XgfGV.jpg

PqpIouU.jpg

<- One month in Barbarossa | Leningrad has fallen ->

Last edited:
Not sure how far ahead you have played but I think it's a big mistake to skip the fighter doctrines. +25% to Air superiority/scramble for 1940 techs!
I've played only 4 days ahead; I can still reverse my choices. :)
But I don't get where you see +25%. The one doctrine that I don't have (Fighter veteran initiative) provides only +5/10% in snow/rain and it is a 1939 tech. The others are 1942s and they don't provide such a bonus neither.

Ah, so Stalin is still kicking around. Interesting. You'd think that in the event that the player or ai chose to abandon Moscow, that there'd be some chance or event involving Stalin 'disappearing' somewhere along the way.
This would be an interesting turn of events. I don't think that such an event exists, but it would make sense.

This is the last update for now, as I have to play the game first.

Last edited:
Thanks for the technology updates, they showed a lot of information.

The info about loses is really revealing and - frankly - shocking (even if the casualties show not only dead but also wounded).

Can You try to check what are the odds for inviting Finland and Turkey to the alliance? As I remember, even though Turkey refuses to join via event, in some circumenstances it can be invited by diplomacy.

I really like Your choice of backgrounds for certain updates!

You need to start beating back the Moscow pocket, before they break free!

Is that Sisyphus rolling the rock in the tech + losses update?

Aren't you afraid that your motorized divisions may get cut off by Soviet counterattacks? You have units VERY far away from the rest of your troops, if the Soviets really start to get their act together and start fielding lots of their own mobile divisions, your forces could start facing alot of trouble.

Aren't you afraid that your motorized divisions may get cut off by Soviet counterattacks? You have units VERY far away from the rest of your troops, if the Soviets really start to get their act together and start fielding lots of their own mobile divisions, your forces could start facing alot of trouble.

shush, this is how exactly he wants to explain soviet comeback so he has any challenge in this game

I've played only 4 days ahead; I can still reverse my choices. :)
But I don't get where you see +25%. The one doctrine that I don't have (Fighter veteran initiative) provides only +5/10% in snow/rain and it is a 1939 tech. The others are 1942s and they don't provide such a bonus neither.

Hmm, check perimeter defense and formation fighting? They require either a CAS or TAC tech (night strafing?) as well as Fighter veteran initiative I believe.

Thanks for the technology updates, they showed a lot of information.
The info about loses is really revealing and - frankly - shocking (even if the casualties show not only dead but also wounded).
Can you try to check what are the odds for inviting Finland and Turkey to the alliance? As I remember, even though Turkey refuses to join via event, in some circumstances it can be invited by diplomacy.
I really like Your choice of backgrounds for certain updates!
The casualties are about to rise sharply for the Soviets because of the expected collapse of the pockets. But my own losses are about to rise as well. I am quite satisfied with the losses suffered by the VVS; it will give me some breathing space with the Luftwaffe.
0/0 for Finland/Turkey. Actually, I can't even check as I lack the 85$ required :)

Yes, the newest one has Poltava in the background. I hope you do better than the Swedes!
The Swedes didn't have to deal with such a fortress :)

You need to start beating back the Moscow pocket, before they break free!
Is that Sisyphus rolling the rock in the tech + losses update?
I would need Steiner and his group to close the pocket. Where is he by the way?
Yes, it is Sisyphus, killing tens of Soviet divisions to have to do it again 1 month later.

As long as the counterattacks are from INF or out-of-supply MOT/ARM, I don't risk anything. In the South, I have lots of room to maneuver. In the North, it admit that it is more difficult and I have to be very careful and plan my moves/attacks/arrival meticulously; I hope to be able to distract the Reds a few more days before having to fall back.

shush, this is how exactly he wants to explain soviet comeback so he has any challenge in this game
Yes, I want them back, but if possible my forces intact :)

Hmm, check perimeter defense and formation fighting? They require either a CAS or TAC tech (night strafing?) as well as Fighter veteran initiative I believe.
Oh, these ones... I admit that I had forgotten looking below the 42/43 doctrines. I had voluntarily dismissed them at the beginning because they require to search 5 doctrines for Strategic bombing first. I agree that I should have added them in my shopping list of outdated techs. Thank you for the reminder :)

Last edited:
Try amphibious assault on archangelsk. You should have troops in norway for that.
Congratulation! You are the first one for who I will have to modify the title of an upcoming update (the title, not the content :)) I have started to plant the seeds for this operation in the last one.

Is there a Karelian airfield in range of Student and his merry band of paratroopers?
Only Leningrad, which is still threatened by the Red Army. Even if that was not the case, there is the risk of interception (so many VVS units left with so few airbases available to them) and even more importantly the delay for reorganizing the transports. So, no, Student can't do anything.