• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's an easy question.

1. Bomb the NYC.
2. Bomb the Washington DC
3. Bomb the Norfolk
4. Send a ship to sign an American surrender.

This should be completed with the newly-developed Nazi Wunderwaffe.

(Lucider, maybe You could reconsider to focus one of the next updates on issues about the German technology advance?
We get the reports about the newly finished techs and those that were started, but somehow I miss the big picture, and can't really tell if the III Reich is well developed.)

Too easy. Let´s do it from their western coast!:p

What do you want then? :D
As stated before :) I want a manly 2 or 3-front large war! I want drama! I want the widows crying for their missing husbands! This one is perhaps too barbarian:p
To summarize, I don't want to finish the Soviet Union before 1942 and before the arrival of a brazillion new Soviet units.

Let´s start thinking how to deal with the USA!!
That's funny that you wrote that when I had only the formatting to do left before publishing the update.

Just popping in to say that i appreciate the update, that you published despite all your other commitments. All hail our glorious Gröfaz!
Will you cut the Caucasus off after yo take the caspian coast? Or does WiF also have the event, which gives northern Persia to Soviets? I can't remember anymore.
Anyway, Lebensraum awaits. Ever onwards, Kameraden, to the rising sun. Drang nach Osten will be finished for now, and for ever.
Thank you for the support.
I intend to occupy the Caucasus. The event giving northern Persia has not been removed in WiF2, and has 25% chances of happening every 17 days if I read the event correctly. We have not even ended the second cycle.
It's an easy question.

1. Bomb the NYC.
2. Bomb the Washington DC
3. Bomb the Norfolk
4. Send a ship to sign an American surrender.

This should be completed with the newly-developed Nazi Wunderwaffe.

(Lucider, maybe You could reconsider to focus one of the next updates on issues about the German technology advance?
We get the reports about the newly finished techs and those that were started, but somehow I miss the big picture, and can't really tell if the III Reich is well developed.)
Jonathan, you are a madman, so you could be the Fuehrer here :) ... but you already have a PzD; that's enough :closedeyes:
Things are not happening that fast now regarding techs, considering that there is currently an update for very few days ingame. But I intend providing a bigger picture 1 month after the beginning of Barbarossa.

Too easy. Let´s do it from their western coast!:p
This AAR is visited by madmen!
:p
WO3LT65.jpg

<- Victory is a matter of weeks! | Such an opportunity… ->

Last edited:
They better make sure to pack some winter clothes when attacking Leningrad, because with Hoth around, it might get cold.

Get it? Because ... Star Wars? I'll show myself out.

I don't get it. You were outnumbered before you started the Barbarossa ... now you are even more outnumbered .. and still, you refuse to destroy them while you still can. You underestimate the Russian reinforcements .. and this might end badly.

Migthy: Early on he decided not to be gamey, but to try to be somewhat historical in his Barbarossa. So I expect he plans to be beaten back after a while. It'll certainly be more entertaining than yet another "I attack teh Soviets and curbstomp to bitter peace yay Grossdeutschland ftw lollercats roflcopter."

They better make sure to pack some winter clothes when attacking Leningrad, because with Hoth around, it might get cold.
Get it? Because ... Star Wars? I'll show myself out.
I had considered doing one around his name as well... then thought that it would be too bad :p

I don't get it. You were outnumbered before you started the Barbarossa ... now you are even more outnumbered .. and still, you refuse to destroy them while you still can. You underestimate the Russian reinforcements .. and this might end badly.
Thank you for the confidence, but what you wrote is (and it is an understatement to write it)... an understatement.
I would like to brag and say that the Red Army around Moscow survived only because I allowed it, but that is not the case. I would not allow myself to encircle the capital of the enemy, but I would destroy these stacks if I could since Gorki is the new capital. What I would have done would have been to destroy the 'first' Red Army if it had not massively redeployed just before Barbarossa; I did it once, I would have done it twice, and in a betterway -that was my initial plan-. Now, after one month in Barbarossa, the German mobile forces are at the gate of Siberia; you can see where this has left the infantry :( Around Moscow, there are between 170 and 200 Red divisions while I have only 9 MOT/LArm to keep hem out of balance. What I am doing is trying to buy some time.
And by the way, I have already seen once the Russian reinforcements; I don't underestimate their capacity to proliferate like... bugs.

Migthy: Early on he decided not to be gamey, but to try to be somewhat historical in his Barbarossa. So I expect he plans to be beaten back after a while. It'll certainly be more entertaining than yet another "I attack teh Soviets and curbstomp to bitter peace yay Grossdeutschland ftw lollercats roflcopter."
Yep, beaten back. Hopfully not reduced into some pulp.

This is anything but historical Barbarossa. :)
I agree.

Last edited:
Thank you for the explanations. I thought you had the situation under your perfect control but it looks like it's not really like that.
Still, I can say that this is my favorite AAR at the moment ... :)
I would love to see you invading America ... or .... use the Fatherland mod in case of a German victory! :D

Thank you for the explanations. I thought you had the situation under your perfect control but it looks like it's not really like that.
Still, I can say that this is my favorite AAR at the moment ... :)
I would love to see you invading America ... or .... use the Fatherland mod in case of a German victory! :D
Thank you :)
Regarding America, that's a very long shot!

Just noticed a typo. Understand "...need to move..."

Last edited:
I'm really quite surprised how passive the Soviet hordes around Moskau seem to be. And I'm not at all surprised that dear Mr. Hitler continues to be the Allies' best ally inside Germany, given his determination to sabotage the Reich's war effort with his incompetent meddling as much as he can without getting Walküre'd.

I'm really quite surprised how passive the Soviet hordes around Moskau seem to be. And I'm not at all surprised that dear Mr. Hitler continues to be the Allies' best ally inside Germany, given his determination to sabotage the Reich's war effort with his incompetent meddling as much as he can without getting Walküre'd.
They are not passive at all. This impression comes from the fact that the updates are very close in time. The Soviets hordes are reacting to my moves, but these ones are so fast that the Reds also have to face new threats every few days. At the beginning, it was to defend the approaches of Moscow, then when the capital moved to Gorki to rush and defend the new capital; now they have to protect the tiny link preventing me from closing the pocket. I am keeping them off balance, but this won't last after that they will have been able to reestablish a frontline, even if it is only 1 division every other province -that's how brittle my advance is in Russia-.

Last edited:
Great AAR, thanks for still writing it, I check it every day. The format was confusing at first but now I love the presentation and style.

How's your relation to Finland? What's the chance for them joining the axis?

I finally logged into my account just to tell you that I love your AAR. The amount of detail is stunning, the scope of the war that you're persecuting is superb and an inspiration to my own playthrough. Having just finally beaten a campaign as germany in vanilla DH your AAR makes the prospect of loading up WIf2 and spending hours banging my head against a wall sound thoroughly enjoyable.

Oh, and the style. I really love the style. Please do keep this up!

Great AAR, thanks for still writing it, I check it every day. The format was confusing at first but now I love the presentation and style.

How's your relation to Finland? What's the chance for them joining the axis?
Thank you!
Regarding Finland, our relations have progressed from -50 to a mighty -48 after one month. And I don't have the money to speed up the process. In 49 months, they should join us :)

Would destroying the Pripyat pocket free up enough divs to allow you to pocket Moscow?
The problem is not really with the Pripet marshes or the Ukrainian one; getting rid of them would free around 100 divisions. But whatever I will do, they won't arrive in time for Moscow. For now, their presence prevents attack outward the pocket and limits my casualties, while the pocketed units are slowly losing their organization. At the same time, some of them are resting. With my TC almost under control, I should soon redeploy them strategically wherever I will decide to build a defensive line.

I finally logged into my account just to tell you that I love your AAR. The amount of detail is stunning, the scope of the war that you're persecuting is superb and an inspiration to my own playthrough. Having just finally beaten a campaign as germany in vanilla DH your AAR makes the prospect of loading up WIf2 and spending hours banging my head against a wall sound thoroughly enjoyable.

Oh, and the style. I really love the style. Please do keep this up!
Your first post is for this AAR? I am flushing :blush:
It is nice reading that my style of gaming is a source of inspiration. If you start playing WiF2, you don't need to bang your head against a wall; your enemy will be happy to oblige for you! :)
My style is different, I know. I have never seen anything like this before for an AAR. I am not a native in English and I have trouble thinking that people will read my English full of mistakes, and I am a mapmaker by training. I have therefore some notions about how to display the meaningful information depending on the level of details that I want, even if I can't allow myself to spend the amount of time I would like on it. It should also make every update quite fast to read. Some may call that 'pulp AAR'.:p

This update is quite different and is my first movie ever published. I ask for your indulgence! :closedeyes:

Last edited:
Seeing those casualties depresses me...

Comrades, the Fascist barbarians have burned our fields, killed our families, and caused slavery and suffering that we have not seen since the days of the Czar. I fear this is the twilight of our Worker's Paradise, the fall of our Union. Perhaps in the afterlife our promised Marxist utopia awaits...

[video=youtube;nsagEzD17Ns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsagEzD17Ns[/video]

Seeing those casualties depresses me...

Comrades, the Fascist barbarians have burned our fields, killed our families, and caused slavery and suffering that we have not seen since the days of the Czar. I fear this is the twilight of our Worker's Paradise, the fall of our Union. Perhaps in the afterlife our promised Marxist utopia awaits...

[video=youtube;nsagEzD17Ns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsagEzD17Ns[/video]
Afterlife? *snorts*

They really are right, there are no atheists in foxholes. Not even in Bolshevik foxholes.

( :p )

Damn right. Even Stalin completely stopped his percussion of the clergy and destruction of temples only for his fear of extreme push by the Germans early in the Patriotic War, he even made his private plane fly 3 times around Moskva with only a sacred icon of Christ aboard.

You will really have to keep Moscow surrounded now, it may be your only chance to win. Its gamey, and retarded that provinces outside of the capital cant use their own ic to produce a supply depot, but the soviets have so much troops now that its the only choice.

Last edited: