• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Too easy. My strategy is so effective that no opposition has the time to get in place and in time.
I will find something justifying a slower pace, but not before having done much better than IRL. After all, USSR will be a true monster once I will allow it to stand on its feet.

Last edited:
peQw7DO.jpg

<- To Moscow! | Soviet skyscrapers ->

Last edited:
That's what I thought would happen. You finally found all the armies that couldn't finish strategic redeployment and thus ended in the capital. I would expect many, many more divisions in the following weeks.

Luckily soviets don't have paratroopers, or else they could make aerial landings from the top of the stack. Also, order your planes to watch out for the stack, or else they will hit it and go down in flames.

And I have a question. Which TC do your MOTs in Romanian lands use? Yours, or theirs?

There it is! quickly surround it and starve them to death!
I can't leave them unchecked, and I can't be gamey. AI is not cooperative :(

That's what I thought would happen. You finally found all the armies that couldn't finish strategic redeployment and thus ended in the capital. I would expect many, many more divisions in the following weeks.

Luckily soviets don't have paratroopers, or else they could make aerial landings from the top of the stack. Also, order your planes to watch out for the stack, or else they will hit it and go down in flames.

And I have a question. Which TC do your MOTs in Romanian lands use? Yours, or theirs?
Yeah, that's what I explained in a previous update (even if I knew it before that update, as I have quite a good experience with the entire HoI serie). I agree with you, many more are expected, including the units which were deployed along the border with Japan.

:laugh: with the paratroopers comment. They wouldn't even need transports. Nice comment with the stack as well; unfortunately the next update is ready and I won't be able to add it in it. But I had another idea...

So, wait. That's 89 times ~ 13,000 men, meaning roughly ... 1,157,000 according to my estimates.
Huh. Good luck.
If I wanted, they would be dead meat, as well as for the bottom part of the iceberg that is not visible yet.
As for the numbers, the defense of Moscow relied on 1.1-1.4 M of men IRL according to Wikipedia.

You have my condolences. I winced upon seeing that stack.
Keep your condolences for the Soviets:ninja:. Hyenas attacking a wounded lion are safe as long as they stay out of reach. But they can wear it down. And the Soviet body has been truly wounded.
To be noted, I didn't add any drama during the update. I truly saw the stack only when I zoomed out. :confused:

Those divisions DO look threatening but after you've cleared out those pockets, you should be able to deal with them
Absolutely. And probably even before taking the pockets down. Actually, only the Baltic one is problematic; I will use an indirect approach as it would be stupid (unless absolutely necessary) to oppose the Heer's force to the Red Army' force. Better using my strength against its weakness.
During my other attempt, there was a 150 divisions strong force pocketed in Ukraine and supplied from the sea. It had been so difficult to contain them that I was not able to push eastward as fast as in this AAR. This explained why I am quite surprised at my progresses now (I expected to do better, not THAT better). If I don't start restraining the ARMs/MOTs, I could safely expect being able to win the campaign without even resorting to General mobilization. That is why I have now decided what will trigger when I will stop pushing forward.

Lucifer, don't get me wrong here, you are my senpai... But I can't wait to see YOUR PATHETIC FASCIST ARMY CRUSHED BY THE MIGHT OF THE SOVIET RED ARMY! URRRAAAH!

[video=youtube;IBM-EIZKF_Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBM-EIZKF_Y[/video]
But no seriously Lucifer I <3 U bby.

it was abvious something as weird as that would occur, doomstack or not, the shadow is more into cutting ussr.
Ungftitled.png

to all newfags here, in vanilla hoi2 doomstack was THE SOMETHING, now its just a really ackward thingie you just get drooling about with the prospect of encircling just a bit more than usuall.

Last edited:
Kill it before it grows, they should be really weak militias am I right?
Err... no they should be INF and MOT

Lucifer, don't get me wrong here, you are my senpai... But I can't wait to see YOUR PATHETIC FASCIST ARMY CRUSHED BY THE MIGHT OF THE SOVIET RED ARMY! URRRAAAH!
But no seriously Lucifer I <3 U bby.
I am fine with that, young padawan...except for the love part :rofl:

it was abvious something as weird as that would occur, doomstack or not, the shadow is more into cutting ussr.
to all newfags here, in vanilla hoi2 doomstack was THE SOMETHING, now its just a really ackward thingie you just get drooling about with the prospect of encircling just a bit more than usuall.
Regarding the doomstack, it is called...experience.

Color code
Starting from now, I am going to use the same color code for all the situation maps (even if I am confident that I will need more later). This should improve the readability.
Yellow: German victory
Red: Allied/Soviet victory
Orange: Fight ongoing
Blue: Movement or result of a movement

Last edited:
Red Army doomstacks are coming for you!
graphics_soviet_propaganda_all_hail_comrade_stal.jpg

Great update, although it seems the tide may soon turn due to sheer weight of Soviet numbers. Then again, you probably have a contingency plan for this?

Red Army doomstacks are coming for you!
graphics_soviet_propaganda_all_hail_comrade_stal.jpg

Great update, although it seems the tide may soon turn due to sheer weight of Soviet numbers. Then again, you probably have a contingency plan for this?
Yes. And thank you, because the answer is in your post :D :rofl: :laugh: :p

The way strategic redeployment works in-game is not realistic, because there is no on-map redeployment (as in HOI3), but sth resembling teleportation and if it fails, units appear in the capital or reappear in the province they were redeploying from. Therefore, I think that it's good that you won't use the opportunity to encircle the doomstack and starve it. It wouldn't be fun, either. Justifying this is easy, too - pockets need to be cleared, the infantry needs to catch up, the supply chain needs to be properly organised etc. The AI will get some precious time and form sth resembling a frontline and then you can continue and have fun again :).

The way strategic redeployment works in-game is not realistic, because there is no on-map redeployment (as in HOI3), but sth resembling teleportation and if it fails, units appear in the capital or reappear in the province they were redeploying from. Therefore, I think that it's good that you won't use the opportunity to encircle the doomstack and starve it. It wouldn't be fun, either. Justifying this is easy, too - pockets need to be cleared, the infantry needs to catch up, the supply chain needs to be properly organised etc. The AI will get some precious time and form sth resembling a frontline and then you can continue and have fun again :).
Exactly as you said. And agree, that's not funny for now.
My problem is that all the units redeployed in the capital, well... I had destroyed them during my previous attempt. Now, they will add up to all the incoming reinforcements. I just can't leave them alive AND keep industries in the Soviet Union as strong as it was during the previous game.
You will see. :)

Last edited:
The only reason he can't attack those doomstacks is the fact that the moment he kicks them, they will fall over and their pieces scatter over the entirety of Europe including all of Germany's victory point provinces.