• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am cringing with fear when I watch this, and I am not even playing :D It's scary to see the gaps in the lines and the Bugs (Bunnies? ;) ) everywhere. Luftwaffe seems pretty overextended now; the majority of the Bug armies are nowhere to be seen and the enemies outnumber you what, 5:1 in terms of IC? This won't be pretty...

Ad Moscow - I am going to go on a limb here and say you will reach it in three months, but as you said previously, you won't take it.

I am cringing with fear when I watch this, and I am not even playing :D It's scary to see the gaps in the lines and the Bugs (Bunnies? ;) ) everywhere. Luftwaffe seems pretty overextended now; the majority of the Bug armies are nowhere to be seen and the enemies outnumber you what, 5:1 in terms of IC? This won't be pretty...

Ad Moscow - I am going to go on a limb here and say you will reach it in three months, but as you said previously, you won't take it.
There is no gap in my lines :) When a province is empty, it is because no Soviet move has been initiated towards this province, and that i know that my troops will arrive there first should the Reds start moving.

You must take Moscow within 60 days! :p
You are far too generous :wacko: As far as I know, 5 weeks that's 35 days :ninja:

h6n81bW.jpg

<- Where is the Red Army? | The banks of the Dnieper ->

Last edited:
So far, so good!

While deploying and moving the units on the territory taken by Your allies (Hungary and Romania), Your units are consuming the supplies and fuel from their stockpiles.
Aren't You afraid that someday, You would found Your units loosing becouse of lack of supplies?
Something like that happened to You in this game on islands, but there it was a fault of lack of convoys.

Well, Romania shouldn't have the issue with fuel, unless someone would bomb the oilfields.

Congratulations! You are making fast progress. How is it you get less counterattacks in the Tarnopol area than I get in my games (lots of T34s etc? You are also moving fast in the Odessa area, my Romanian allies there get a supply efficiency of 20% so their march slows to a crawl. Time to rest the Luftwaffe. You will need them for the battle of Moscow and Leningrad! The only way to take Moscow is to encircle Moscow.

So far, so good!

While deploying and moving the units on the territory taken by Your allies (Hungary and Romania), Your units are consuming the supplies and fuel from their stockpiles.
How nice of them :D
Aren't You afraid that someday, You would found Your units loosing because of lack of supplies?
Something like that happened to You in this game on islands, but there it was a fault of lack of convoys.
Well, Romania shouldn't have the issue with fuel, unless someone would bomb the oilfields.
That's well thought. No, I don't fear that. I monitor closely their stocks, researches, etc. Should this happen, I will send them some supply. Also, I had removed the puppet status on Rumania a lot of updates ago so Rumanian industries are more capable to supply German forces.
Now, if I could find a way to prevent my allies to grab everything in the South... We will see.

Congratulations! You are making fast progress. How is it you get less counterattacks in the Tarnopol area than I get in my games (lots of T34s etc? You are also moving fast in the Odessa area, my Romanian allies there get a supply efficiency of 20% so their march slows to a crawl. Time to rest the Luftwaffe. You will need them for the battle of Moscow and Leningrad! The only way to take Moscow is to encircle Moscow.
Regarding your first question, I expected it as well. I had a possible explanation which is proving to be correct (I have played up to end of June). I won't answer now; it will be explained in the AAR.
In Ukraine, the Rumanians are crawling forward as for you. Not the Germans, and certainly not the MOTs with all the bonuses that they have. Also, I have employed overwhelming force there to make the breakthrough fast & furious.
No, no rest for the braves! As long as I won't lose a unit, I am willing to commit the Luftwaffe to be sure that the VVS won't target the Heer too badly. Admittedly, I have already moved the most badly damaged units in Germany for refitting. They will stay there for up to a few weeks.

Forward, glorious Lucifer. You can do it!
I like that! May I stick it? :p

Looks like Super-Hungary and Super-Romania will soon be a reality!

Hah, strange, in my games there is no super Hungary or Romania as their territorial expansions suddenly stops and German military occupation starts from about the Rowne-Nikolaev line eastward.
Lucifer, your progress is simply awe-inspiring in terms of territory-but are you encircling enough Russian units? I am worried that huge reinforcements will suddenly appear east of Kiev and around Leningrad and Moscow. Perhaps if you move fast you can encircle all those east of Moscow? Well, we shall see.

It will take months for the 2-300 missing divisions to arrive for the Soviets, at that time it will be too late ... so 80 days to Moscow.

I always get problem in wif attacking sov do you rotate division while in battle ? i have no idea on how to attack properly by 2 or 3 provinces forward all my units start retreating they dont have org

Looks like Super-Hungary and Super-Romania will soon be a reality!
For now, I can't prevent it. If I defeat Barbarossa, they will keep only what I will want them to keep. They should not need more than dying for the Reich to be satisfied!

Hah, strange, in my games there is no super Hungary or Romania as their territorial expansions suddenly stops and German military occupation starts from about the Rowne-Nikolaev line eastward.
Lucifer, your progress is simply awe-inspiring in terms of territory-but are you encircling enough Russian units? I am worried that huge reinforcements will suddenly appear east of Kiev and around Leningrad and Moscow. Perhaps if you move fast you can encircle all those east of Moscow? Well, we shall see.
I can imagine the following reasons:
-You have not created the General Government, so the territories captured South of it don't go to the adjacent Axis country which is not a puppet--> they go to Hungary.
-You have kept Rumania as a puppet. So, since there is no other Axis 'non-puppeted' country adjacent to the captured provinces, they go to Rumania's master, in this case Germany. Since Bessarabia is a core to Rumania, the provinces are 'freed' by Germany and given to Rumania but not the other conquests.
--> So, basically, if I had released General Government and removed its puppet status, I could have create a colossal General Government.

Thank you for the remark regarding my progress, but I don't think that it is exceptional for now. Am I encircling enough units? No, not now, not after a week. It is my goal but I don't want to botch this part. My strength is my mobility. I want to bypass the red INFs but I don't want to close the pockets right after. I want to keep breaking through and bypass another empty province before pivoting and closing the pocket. That way, the INFs won't be able to engage my MOTs before losing their supply. Incidentally, it also means that I am trying to engage Soviet mobile units whenever it is required to fix them.
Then, 2 thing will happen (at least that's the plan):
-the pocketed units will start charging in every directions to break the pocket. But they will be far enough from their air support that the Luftwaffe will be able to break them unopposed by bombing them un-entrenched.
-my mobile units the farthest in the East won't attack the pocketed troops from behind but will keep moving Eastward to widen the buffer and prevent a too-quick arrival from rescuing armies.

It will take months for the 2-300 missing divisions to arrive for the Soviets, at that time it will be too late ... so 80 days to Moscow.
Hmm, we will see.

I always get problem in wif attacking sov do you rotate division while in battle ? i have no idea on how to attack properly by 2 or 3 provinces forward all my units start retreating they dont have org
I am not sure that I understand your issue. Do you mean that you give to your units their orders for a several-province deep attack, like the one I have displayed in this update? What I displayed was just for the AAR, but none of my units had actually orders for more that 2 provinces. If you do more, the arrivals of the units will become more and more staggered and eventually the enemy will be able to defeat them individually.
Here is how I proceed:
-where I want to breakthough, I assign bombers to support the mobile forces.
-the mobiles forces receive their orders for a 2-province deep attack. That way, they won't have to wait for 24h before being able to resume a move IF this move is an attack as well (if it is just a move, they don't have to wait 24h). If it is an attack, the mobile forces won't have the support of the following INF yet, that's why you want to have air support. When your INF arrive, they will support decisively your mobile forces attacking the enemy 2nd lines if that is not the case. It also means that your mobile forces will already have done part of the road to their target.
-when your mobile forces have won a fight, and unless they are re-engaged by the enemy during their move, then they will need probably at least 24 hours to reach their target. This means that you will be able to update your orders to them and add an additional province to their order, based on your air recon. That way, your mobile forces (when exploiting a breakthrough) will have very often their orders for a 2-province deep penetration.
Is this answering your question?

Thanks! (but it may be a little provocative assuming that I could do it :) )

I am short of available updates and I may not have the time to use the material ready tonight to write a new one.

Last edited:
hmmm how different would be the conduct on the battlefield had all 3-400 divs be present ?

(i think you should have asked a human player to play as ussr a month before barbarossa in order to make this real... ussr is so vast, ai will never handle it.)

hmmm how different would be the conduct on the battlefield had all 3-400 divs be present ?

(i think you should have asked a human player to play as ussr a month before barbarossa in order to make this real... ussr is so vast, ai will never handle it.)
Soon I will get remarks that this version of WiF2 (the most difficult) is too easy :p

I think that it all comes from this. My last moves intended to disrupt Stalin's mind worked very well. Now, assuming that it would have been possible to place a Soviet human player (it wasn't), this would have been pure suicide because it would have been versus a human player enjoying all the benefits of the AI production cheats. Not with me.

Whatever will happen, I am sure that the AI will handle it properly. It is fighting in its country with no sea theater and with overwhelming superiority.
What would have happened if all the divisions had been present? It was mainly what had happened during my other attempt, and even if it had been a little more costly at the beginning, I managed to get rid of the VVS and to trap almost all the front line Soviet troops along the border, basically destroying the Red Army in 1,5 month. Then I started to fail and I stopped because I decided to start a new one with this AAR.
If I extrapolate, I will say that I expect an easier Barbarossa at the beginning (now) and a nightmare later :confused:

Anti tank tech is not so important as in the latest HOI3 it seems.
I can't say and compare with HOI3. Here, this move adds +50% to the basic INF. I have to admit that I would not have selected this tech so early if I had not tasted to what will appear soon beforehand (previous attempt.

can you include how many SOV divisions you have managed to surround and obliterate?
I did it indirectly. The Hungarian army has annihilated a full 2 INF (1 + 1) in Stryj. Looks good! :)