• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations, you got Alytus! Not a moment rest up to capture Kaunas with everything you got, especially mobile units! Attack, attack, attack some more and never give them a moment of rest!
What triggers U-boot pens, I have never even seen that one?
I won't give them a minute to rest. Otherwise, the Heer will be doomed.
I already got a Pen event right after the fall of France. This new one has been obviously triggered by the beginning of Barbarossa; I didn't expect it. Based on the overall strategic situation, I won't need them in France anyway.

Did those Soviet divisions start out fully reinforced?
Usually, they were not. They were usually 1/3 to 2/3 full, except in the South where they were usually at full capacity. I have not been able to discern a pattern. But after 2 days, they were almost all at full capacity, even the fighting ones.

I am slowly adjusting to a new way to report fighting on such a large front. It should become visible in 1 or 2 updates from now.
Understand: Do not worry :laugh:

LtaPhD7.jpg

Last edited:
The Soviet Air Force definitely seems like a very respectable foe!

Glory to Comrade Stalin and the Red Army! Glory to the Soviet Air-Force! Crush the fascist menace for the motherland and for the legacy of Comrade Lenin!

[video=youtube;mlRgdnlkWH0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlRgdnlkWH0[/video]

I apologize for nothing Lucifer, everyone should have expected this from me.

The Soviet Air Force definitely seems like a very respectable foe!
Definitively is the word. It is at least 1/3 more powerful than during my previous attempt. And the overall situation is different so that I don't see how I could launch Operation K. (I won't say more in case it would be possible)

I apologize for nothing Lucifer, everyone should have expected this from me.
Well, I only have to say that one can only expect something from somebody he has heard of :D
But at the end I will crush your Red master :ninja:

Well I had to wait until you faced off against the Bolsheviks! Now I can jump in and root for my comrades!
That's perfect that way. You will nag 'my' Wehrmacht, and i will tease at you. That's a deal!
Welcome onboard!

My god, the USSR is a beast. 120 days to Moscow? Uh-oh...

My god, the USSR is a beast. 120 days to Moscow? Uh-oh...
This beginning of this barbarossa is so different from my previous attempt that I am quite trully in the fog of war.

Your comment gave me an idea. I am opening the bets.
How long to take Moscow, if I had not already decided to fail it? I may be able to do something with the answers.

zskoo9r.jpg

Last edited:
Regardless the might of USSR, I still have a lot faith in Your abilities.

I should bet that You would win the race to Moscow in 90-120 days!

Regardless the might of USSR, I still have a lot faith in Your abilities.
I should bet that You would win the race to Moscow in 90-120 days!
Please, could you provide an exact number? It would not be possible to differentiate people otherwise...unless you will be the only one of course.

I'm gonna say 100, purely because "100 Days to Moscow" would sound great as a propaganda headline. And as we all know, what the Ministry of Propaganda wills, happens.

You shall never reach glorious Moscow! Not in a million years! The power of the Worker's and Peasant's Army shall crush the fascist invaders!

[video=youtube;GtPDrICRxVs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtPDrICRxVs[/video]

I'm gonna say 100, purely because "100 Days to Moscow" would sound great as a propaganda headline. And as we all know, what the Ministry of Propaganda wills, happens.
I like that!

one hundred and thirteen days...
The Red Air Force is indeed powerful it looks like it could cause an upset if you're not careful.
A lack and an excess of cautionness may give the same result.
...and I AM already upset :)

You shall never reach glorious Moscow! Not in a million years! The power of the Worker's and Peasant's Army shall crush the fascist invaders!
That's low, as I have again and again stated that I will avoid taking Moscow in 41.:wacko:
But I made no promise for 42 and after.

Ok, I am quite happy with the way I have found to render Barbarossa (but I will improve it I hope). You will get a hint with this update.

HYqwkS5.jpg

Last edited:
Who will believe my 'propaganda'?! Why the proletariat of course! Comrade Stalin has put me on duty for that very reason! I must rally the working class into the Red Army to fight back the evil Germanic invaders and protect the glorious motherland that comrade Lenin crafted for us! Now give me my stupidly exaggerated manpower boost and we shall see T-34s in Berlin by the end of 42'!

In that case I would also choose the "100 days to Moscow".

Old joke, that might be in place:

Grandson asks his grandpa:

"I heard that You have been to Russia, tell me if it is worth to go there for a trip?"

"Hell, grandson, this was a trip of my life, all the time they served cold vodka, great food, caviar, and all those hot womens... best time of my life!!!"

After the trip, grandson speak with him again.

"What the hell have You told me about the Russia? Food was terrible, there was no alcohol other than cheap, awful booze, and the womans were all too old and scary to even talk to them!!!"

"Well, grandson, tell me who organized Your trip?"

"I went with Orbis." (The state travel agency from commie times)

"You see now, I went with Wehrmacht!"