• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You 'upgrade' them. In the division details, you can select to either not upgrade it, upgrade it along the same path (ie inf 3 > inf 4), or upgrade to other (applicable) unit types.
To complete this, and if you check the numbers, you will realize that it is the same cost in this case with my setting (policy, ministers...)
MOT39 ~ 2820
INF39, INF39-->MOT39 ~2840
So, the difference is negligible.
Even if it costs more, the conversion is faster than building the unit from scratch. That's how Germany got its 4 PARs in this AAR.

"No pasarán" as Francoist Spain really hurts...:(
It was a wink. I also knew that it had been used before, at Verdun (ww1), or later in the movie "Lords of the Ring". To get the special inverted '!' in Spanish, I checked on internet, where I discovered that "They shall not pass" has been used more often than I expected.

Iraqis, they never learn to NOT provoke a superpower... :rolleyes:

My supersecret sources (that I obviously cannot publish but that are at the same time totally legit) say that Iraquis used WMDs while fighting your troops. That means they must have more WMDs at home. Your move to secure those dangerous stockpiles is a great step towards world peace. Good work!

My supersecret sources (that I obviously cannot publish but that are at the same time totally legit) say that Iraquis used WMDs while fighting your troops. That means they must have more WMDs at home. Your move to secure those dangerous stockpiles is a great step towards world peace. Good work!

I know, right? Camel poo is very nasty, and imagine the stockpiles the Iraqis surely have at home ;)

And in any case, they must be liberated from the English yoke. Die Operation "Freiheit für Irak" hat begonnen ;)

Last edited:
I know, right? Camel poo is very nasty, and imagine the stockpiles the Iraqis surely have at home ;)

And in any case, they must be liberated from the English yoke. Die Operation "Freiheit für Irak" hat begonnen ;)

Indeed. I hope Germany captures the stockpiles of camel poo intact and uses them back on the perfidous albionese and their lackeys. All divisions will soon be augmented by Sonderbattalion Kamelscheissewerfer, spreading FREEDOM! (and poo) all over the globe. Also, if the Sonderbattalion Kamelscheissewerfer will ever fight against helicopters, shit might literally hit the fan :D

indeed. I hope germany captures the stockpiles of camel poo intact and uses them back on the perfidous albionese and their lackeys. All divisions will soon be augmented by sonderbattalion kamelscheissewerfer, spreading freedom! (and poo) all over the globe. Also, if the sonderbattalion kamelscheissewerfer will ever fight against helicopters, shit might literally hit the fan :d

Lol :D

@ Kurfürst & Winner
Lol :)

But did you really think that Germany invaded Norway because of the Nuclear plant event?
No! It was because of a German agent lost in Talkeetna, Alaska, where there is an annual festival of moose dropping. Poop is dropped from an airplane onto a target on the ground. The closest (numbered?) poop to the center is the winner. The Luftwaffe wanted to secure such a source of supply, but with reindeers.
And guess what there is in Africa? Yes! A source of supply of elephants!

Last edited:
Spy my eyes a British Coralreef Mk.II? (BC)? Why is it still exposed to air rather than fully submerged in its natural element? ;)

I wonder what your overall plan is in Africa - in the old WiF, I avoided it like the plague (literally). What it had a tendency to do was to suck a disproportionate amount of my units into a mosquito-ridden jungles and swamps, or deserts or mountains or other Gods-forsaken no-infrastructure wasteland. I hated it because I constantly had to pay attention - the British loved to start sending huge amounts of troops and somehow keep them all supplied, while my units were perpetually out of organization. Furthermore, the ^%#! Italians always rushed forward of any line I established, to get cut out and destroyed piecemeal.

Also, during Barbarossa, are you planning a thrust through the Caucasus? :) (Gods I can wait for it; I never was very good so I am eager to see a Master handle it).

Spy my eyes a British Coralreef Mk.II? (BC)? Why is it still exposed to air rather than fully submerged in its natural element? ;)
Yes, it is one of the last British major unit. Intelligence says that they have only 3 BB left as well.

I wonder what your overall plan is in Africa - in the old WiF, I avoided it like the plague (literally). What it had a tendency to do was to suck a disproportionate amount of my units into a mosquito-ridden jungles and swamps, or deserts or mountains or other Gods-forsaken no-infrastructure wasteland. I hated it because I constantly had to pay attention - the British loved to start sending huge amounts of troops and somehow keep them all supplied, while my units were perpetually out of organization. Furthermore, the ^%#! Italians always rushed forward of any line I established, to get cut out and destroyed piecemeal.
Same here, I tended to avoid Africa. But now it is not possible any longer with the current strategy. I wanted to let the Italian handle it, mainly, but they are not very good at it. For example, 5 UK INFs have been caught for months in a 2 provinces pocket in Africa, and the only thing AI Italy is doing is to concentrate 15 units and nothing else, as if the enemy was at full ORG. These units would be better in the South. Also, I realized that Italy is guarding its beaches, but not the ones of its puppets. I may have to divert troops to protect Ethiopia from a landing. So, little by little, I am being dragged in Africa. The good thing is that I control Spain, and that they are going to supply quite a few troops which will do what I want them to do. Another aspect to keep in mind is the state of the Royal Navy; transporting units to Africa is becoming really unsafe for UK and Canada. Only Australian troops are quite safe for now. Actually, the British losses are so heavy that it may start to feel a shortage of TP :) Another side-effect is that it should be easier for Japan re-:) My plans for Africa will start to unfold at the beginning of March.

Also, during Barbarossa, are you planning a thrust through the Caucasus? :) (Gods I can wait for it; I never was very good so I am eager to see a Master handle it).
Master? That's too much honor, I am still doing my share of mistakes. And the answer is...I won't tell you because I don't know for sure yet, even if I laying a plan for one; it will depend partly of what is happening in Africa.

Oh, so there is a manmade shitstorm (badum-tish :D ) organized anually in Alaska? That explains so much about the state!

Oh my, there are so many horrible puns to be made about Sonderbattalion Kamelscheissewerfer and related Iraqi/Alaskan/Norwegian WMDs, but I am going to restrain myself and keep last shreds of my dignity. No more juvenile fecal matter related horribly horrible jokes. I promise.

Now, on topic. You said that you are planning to advance to Freetown, no further, that's still the plan?
And I see a bunch of italian transport in the last yellow picture in the final update. You can probably expect a suicidal landing somewhere in Congo, or maybe they want to reinforce Spanish Equatorial Guinea. Anyway, the divisions are probably as good as lost.

And don't undersell yourself, your steps certainly seem to be well calculated and masterfully planned, so that makes you a master of Darkest Hour, whether you like it or not.

Now, on topic. You said that you are planning to advance to Freetown, no further, that's still the plan?
And I see a bunch of italian transport in the last yellow picture in the final update. You can probably expect a suicidal landing somewhere in Congo, or maybe they want to reinforce Spanish Equatorial Guinea. Anyway, the divisions are probably as good as lost.
No, the plan has changed. The Italian inactivity forced me to change my plan. And the new one will keep the Spanish busy. Little by little, the Wehrmacht is withdrawing from Africa, starting from the Spanish islands. This is a slow process as I want the TPs to be well protected.
The Italian TPs are actually safe! Because of the 200 km bug, TPs alone are safe unless they meet a CV (I've sunk all of them) or NAV (I think that I have destroyed all of them too). What is truly funny is the timing between your comment and the next update that I had forgotten to post yesterday. Enjoy!

And don't undersell yourself, your steps certainly seem to be well calculated and masterfully planned, so that makes you a master of Darkest Hour, whether you like it or not.
:wacko: I have discovered yesterday that MAR don't lose all their ORG when they land in an unoccupied province. I am still learning (even if I can have a good planning)

Last edited:
XD My oh my, the Italians are letting their WW2 era genius get to them now. At least they waited until Africa is fairly favorable towards the Axis to do it.
The vaunted steel palm trees of Freetown will make for an epic battle scene. Nobody available to do the... I mean take Kankan?

XD My oh my, the Italians are letting their WW2 era genius get to them now. At least they waited until Africa is fairly favorable towards the Axis to do it.
The vaunted steel palm trees of Freetown will make for an epic battle scene. Nobody available to do the... I mean take Kankan?
Nope :p I guess they were just waiting for Gibraltar or Suez to be opened.
Steel palm trees? We will see in another update. :rolleyes:
Kankan? Yes, there is a unit coming from the North and trying to cut the British from any route of escape. That is why you can see British units moving Eastward from Freetown.

This update could have been titled "Raeder's days" instead.

Last edited:
Atomic energy? What nonsense; but worth pursuing, just in case the hebrew science was right about that ;)

The Brits are obligingly bleeding themselves white. I wonder whether it is possible to actually bring Britain down by sinking all their convoys...? Or would the AI "magically" get more convoys if that were to happen? Apropos, how many convoy ships does Britain need to import the necessary resources for its economy to function/to supply its overseas forces?

(...) I wonder whether it is possible to actually bring Britain down by sinking all their convoys...? Or would the AI "magically" get more convoys if that were to happen? Apropos, how many convoy ships does Britain need to import the necessary resources for its economy to function/to supply its overseas forces?
I think that I read that there is an event if there are enough U-Boats and that Germany is winning the Battle of the Atlantic.
No, the AI will have to replace its losses, which can effectively cripple its economy.
Intelligence says that UK has currently 2800 convoys, more than enough. I don't know how many its requires, but it will take a long time before that Germany will bring it below the threshold.

Last edited:
So... if italian transports are made from kryptonite and Australia can't sink them... that must mean that Australia is Superman! Faster than tallest buildings, can jump over speeding bullet, stronger than locomotive. Or something like that. Beware of australian x-ray vision, they can see everything in Germany through the planet. I put forward a motion to instal lead floor tiles in all german top secret locations.