• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Last edited:
Nice going; very curious about how the Gibraltar Operation went down :)
Hopefully you can trap a few of those big British fleets in the Mediterranean...

Are you planning on building the Atlantic Wall btw?

Hopefully you can trap a few of those big British fleets in the Mediterranean...
Are you planning on building the Atlantic Wall btw?

We will see in due time for all of these curiosity/good wishes/question.

Yesterday, I played the first 10 days of 41...and it was one of these wow moments! It will be good material for a good update I think.

Last edited:
That Bulgarian border, man. But congrats on reaching Dakar!

The bulgarian border what? since italians failed to defend plovdiv, i think bulgaria is entitled to have bigger gains that italy. ;)

As for Iraq, i should advise to use fastest divs possible, otherwise Lucifer, you are risking that Soviets wil stream through there. Played axis once, used cheapest left over on the theatre units, so Iraq took me more time, eitherway Persia felt strong with the Axis and resisted anglo-russian partition and soviets crushed persia and took revenge for barbarossa reaching Suez which i reinforced in the very last moment.

Actually, Iraq is a British puppet but it has somehow decided against joining the war. Otherwise, the Heer would already be in Baghdad.
I am still undecided about invading a country with no justification.
Cough! Cough!

Actually, Iraq is a British puppet but it has somehow decided against joining the war. Otherwise, the Heer would already be in Baghdad.
I am still undecided about invading a country with no justification.
Cough! Cough!

yeah.. you don't want to raise that belligerence of yours....Although I did hear of some German camel traders that were detained near the border. sounds like a provocation to me.

That Bulgarian border, man. But congrats on reaching Dakar!
Actually, I realized just in time that there is a cartographic issue if Germany doesn't claim the Greek provinces as per event. I will explain it later.
Taking Dakar is a major blow to UK :)

yeah.. you don't want to raise that belligerence of yours....Although I did hear of some German camel traders that were detained near the border. sounds like a provocation to me.
I don't think that I need such an overkill of a justification :)

Last edited:
Well, I think the UK will have a bit of difficulty performing amphibious landings by now; at least, blowing up all the transports means they have to divert precious IC from actual arms manufacturing. In case it wasn't covered by nachopontmercy's request, might we get a comparison on naval losses, as well as an intelligence shot of the remaining UK fleet composition (or an actual national navy comparison, if you don't feel that you'd be giving yourself too much of an edge with knowledge of the British fleet composition). Basically, info to know if the HSF is going to be any more than a mere pest to the Home Fleet early next year... maybe include the Regia Marina too, since they might be able to sally out to help you in the North Sea if all goes well. Seelowe+, my Panzer General? ;D
C'mon, blow the Tommies off that rock already! Don't give Franco *something to do*! :p Also, first time seeing AOI survive long enough to be reinforced, a great victory for Fascist colonialism! It's two or three militia divisions will be of nominal assistance in securing the dark continent methinks.

Last edited:
Speaking of which, good luck on that; in spite of seeing it suggested in many AAR's, I've never seen anyone *actually* perform an airdrop on the Rock. I'm eager to see the results.
Now, you will be reminded that there is always a first time :)

Same here.

Well, I think the UK will have a bit of difficulty performing amphibious landings by now; at least, blowing up all the transports means they have to divert precious IC from actual arms manufacturing. In case it wasn't covered by nachopontmercy's request, might we get a comparison on naval losses, as well as an intelligence shot of the remaining UK fleet composition (or an actual national navy comparison, if you don't feel that you'd be giving yourself too much of an edge with knowledge of the British fleet composition). Basically, info to know if the HSF is going to be any more than a mere pest to the Home Fleet early next year... maybe include the Regia Marina too, since they might be able to sally out to help you in the North Sea if all goes well. Seelowe+, my Panzer General? ;D
C'mon, blow the Tommies off that rock already! Don't give Franco *something to do*! :p Also, first time seeing AOI survive long enough to be reinforced, a great victory for Fascist colonialism! It's two or three militia divisions will be of nominal assistance in securing the dark continent methinks.
I won't open UK save, but you will get the estimate from intelligence.
I don't intend to do a successful Sealion for the reasons stated before. But, question: what does HSF mean?

Happy reading!

Last edited:
Those enemy attack on allies that you don't see are annoying, often I leave behind some of my divisions on the most important objectives just to get the messages :/

HSF was the High Seas Fleet - Imperial Germany's main battle fleet during WWI. Kriegsmarine might be more applicable in this sense (or perhaps more specifically the Marineoberkommando Nord See).

Great job locking down the Mediterranean. Now I know what those nails were for...

Those enemy attack on allies that you don't see are annoying, often I leave behind some of my divisions on the most important objectives just to get the messages :/
I usually do the same.

Outstanding job! The Mediteranean Sea is yours!
Now that it is closed, the Italians can have it :)

HSF was the High Seas Fleet - Imperial Germany's main battle fleet during WWI. Kriegsmarine might be more applicable in this sense (or perhaps more specifically the Marineoberkommando Nord See).

Great job locking down the Mediterranean. Now I know what those nails were for...
Thanks! I didn't think about ww1. Hmm... "Marineoberkommando Nord See"? I think that Nord See isn't a good description, I will use Kriegsmarine instead :)
Yes, lots of nails. I wanted to leave the 2 doors (Suez and Gibraltar) wide opened, to allow British reinforcements to pour in from both directions, to help Yugoslavia and Greece, then close the 2 straits at simultaneously. That's why Rommel stayed idle for 2 weeks even if there was no opposition on his way. But the Italians had started to move, that's why he had to react.
Anyway, it may had not worked for another reason; perhaps UK didn't have enough left to commit there. The Royal Navy has been quite gutted :)

Looks like 1940 has been a very good year for you. However, I am waiting to see what will happen in 1941, when you take on the real big players, I wonder if you will be able to defeat the twin giants of the USSR and the USA...

Zombie Kurt Student approves :D Way to go, I was worried the UK was going to land reinforcements. The 9 thousand brave Fallschirmjagers saved the Axis many thousands of lives and freed entire Axis divisions for use elsewhere. Do you intend on pushing down to free the Boers from British tyranny, or is that simply too maniacal/tie down too many valuable divisions?
&& was this the plan you were waiting to finish up before pulling Spain into the Axis? Gibraltar AND Morocco without a fight sounds like too much for Franco to refuse.
Yes, I did mean Hochseeflotte, I didn't realize the German navy of WW2 was never referred to as such. But a naval comparison between you and the U.K (and maybe Italy) would be awesome :D
If you don't intend on succeeding in Seelowe but the UK is begging for it, will you simply land and push them up to Scotland or something?

Looks like 1940 has been a very good year for you. However, I am waiting to see what will happen in 1941, when you take on the real big players, I wonder if you will be able to defeat the twin giants of the USSR and the USA...
It will be a bloody 1941. Also, I will remind you that I intend/want to fail to achieve victory in 41. :)

Zombie Kurt Student approves :D Way to go, I was worried the UK was going to land reinforcements. The 9 thousand brave Fallschirmjagers saved the Axis many thousands of lives and freed entire Axis divisions for use elsewhere. Do you intend on pushing down to free the Boers from British tyranny, or is that simply too maniacal/tie down too many valuable divisions?
&& was this the plan you were waiting to finish up before pulling Spain into the Axis? Gibraltar AND Morocco without a fight sounds like too much for Franco to refuse.
No, I don't intend to push up to The Cap. For the exact same reasons that you gave. I will provide minimal support and intend to see how Italy/Spain/Portugal will fare. But Dakar will become a German fortress!
And yes, I wanted to prove that taking Gibraltar from the South is actually possible. Having Spain joining the Axis would have ruined my own show. Now that Gibraltar is Axis controlled, I will manually trigger the event to have Spain entering the war, as it should have happened without the bug. But there is a surprise, not from me, which could have been an enormous one! You will see.

Gibraltar, Bravo! Now be a good lad and return it to Spain ;)
Agent Garbo, you have been unmasked! Please report to the closest Kommandantur for termination. Thank you for your cooperation.

This is the first of 4 or 5 reports.

""

Last edited:
Last edited: