• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Announcement:
Whoever will be the first one to find the Easter egg in post 730 will get (perhaps and if possible) a surprise before Barbarossa.
That's hardly a promise, since I can't be sure that what I intend to do will be possible. And it is still 7 months away in-game. So don't have too high expectations :eek:o

I read this AAR in two nights, and it is quite the spectacle! Watching you dueling with the Allies, with production runs measured down to the IC day, fighting against resources and time to secure the improbable, it's truly beautiful! It's strategic Calculus in action :p
The Italians actually doing something is a pleasant surprise; I believe I've seen the same thing happen in another AAR; Italy launched it's first offensives into Tunisia instead of Egypt, therefore avoiding the encirclement disaster that seems to plague Italy in west Egypt, then aggressively backed up the DAK in an offensive across the desert. Good Duce!(?)
If you mean what I think you mean when you mentioned the advance into Palestine, don't you think it would solve two problems for Germany at once? ;P And think of the alternative. It's your call, and it would be vastly silly anyways XD
Lastly, am I right in presuming Zagreb is the last Jugoslav VP to fall?
Thank you for the kind comments; this is always nice to read. I hope that you will stay with us for the next 100 updates as well :)
At the beginning, I intended this AAR as a tutorial. Therefore, I couldn't really avoid the "number crunching" aspect. But that's also something you can't avoid doing with WiF2; you have to play it slowly and to pause and think to enjoy the mod fully.
The Italians...the Italians... Sometimes, they make me despair and I would want to military control them. Sometimes they do something very nice. I suppose that I won't put the leash on them and will see how they will develop by themselves (I mean not as being controlled, but severely backed by German controlled troops)
Yes, Zagreb was the last one.

Last edited:
Nice updates :)

As for the easter egg: GAR's for agitated france, suggests French rebellion?
How this would be an Easter egg?
No need looking for something like this, there is nothing suggested, it is just plain visible :)

Announcement:
Whoever will be the first one to find the Easter egg in post 730 will get (perhaps and if possible) a surprise before Barbarossa.

The way I see it, You have called one of the Yougoslav DD a very old design (DDI icon) and the other DD an antique - the used icon looks like a sailboat, but the image is really blured, so I can't be sure.

The way I see it, You have called one of the Yougoslav DD a very old design (DDI icon) and the other DD an antique - the used icon looks like a sailboat, but the image is really blured, so I can't be sure.
They are both DDI, but they use different icons (images are blurred, but DDI is visible). I've changed the second one for a galley.
Congrats to the winner. But, as stated, you will have to wait to get your prize :blush:

Hangman's knot?
Err... It is explained post #749. And that's for the picture at the bottom right of post #730 IIRC :)

How long does it take you to play 1 in-game month and cover this period in the AAR? :D
I intend my followers (avatar related pun) to die of old age before the end of Barbarossa, and to reap their souls :)
Now, joke aside, I usually play at slow speed, but with lots of screenshots to take and some thinking. Let say 1 to 1.5 hour/month in game. Then working on the screenshots, so perhaps 2h/months. Currently, there is an update for every 5 days ingame (?). Writing and managing the update takes (it is quite constant) 1 to 1.25 hour/update. So, roughly, 18hours/month for the moment, but it is quite action packed. From January to June, it should go faster, even if I expect quite a few events (I have material until January 1st only). Some really time consuming updates are when I produce statistics, and even more for a map with the full OOB like before Poland or France. Thy are so long to create that I hope that you enjoy them :sweat:

My two cents:
I think that in case of minor campaigns there is no need for high level of detail and you may speed up in their case. Especially if you know that they weren't challenging. Treat them as small side quests and show us the most important moments, but skip the rest. Don't do that in case of major campaigns, because, well, they are the main dish, not the crackers :).

Err... It is explained post #749. And that's for the picture at the bottom right of post #730 IIRC :)

I intend my followers (avatar related pun) to die of old age before the end of Barbarossa, and to reap their souls :)
Now, joke aside, I usually play at slow speed, but with lots of screenshots to take and some thinking. Let say 1 to 1.5 hour/month in game. Then working on the screenshots, so perhaps 2h/months. Currently, there is an update for every 5 days ingame (?). Writing and managing the update takes (it is quite constant) 1 to 1.25 hour/update. So, roughly, 18hours/month for the moment, but it is quite action packed. From January to June, it should go faster, even if I expect quite a few events (I have material until January 1st only). Some really time consuming updates are when I produce statistics, and even more for a map with the full OOB like before Poland or France. Thy are so long to create that I hope that you enjoy them :sweat:

Oooops...I guess you wrote it while I was posting my comment, and then I missed it.

Thank you for your comments. Whenever they are no contradictory, I try if possible to take them into account. For now, I think that I will keep the same pace, but that may change later with Barbarossa; I would become one of the casualty should I try to keep the same level of detail.

Last edited:
very enjoyable read. I like your style (play and writing.) I look forward to you taking the empire away from GB. maybe then they will enjoy the "greening" of Europe...and the world.