• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think historically both had at least partially mobilized, Denmark had a full mobilization and then sent some home again for planting season :eek:
The Danish HQ probably sent the orders, but the invasion was too fast and the threat to bomb Copenhagen triggered the country surrender very quickly. On the Norwegian side, the surprise was total too, and the armed forces were not ready at all. Reinforcements didn't have time to reach the threatened areas, so no mobilization effect there neither before their occupation. After, the Norwegian forces fought bravely, for quite a long time, but the 'game' was already over and the terrain was the main obstacle.

This is an AAR to end all Wif AARs. If you end this prematurely, we will hunt you to the edge of the world ;) Uhm, what I mean to say is "great job, please continue!" :D
If you hunt me, you will never find me. I am now hidden behind more than 300 screenshots, with more coming.

HFKdkbn.jpg

Last edited:
See? No intervention.

Looking at the AI files the UK eventually abandons the Baltic. Why they don´t do that in the first month of the war I dunno, but later they don´t send suicide fleets anymore.

No major naval losses. The possibility of Seelöwe lives!

See? No intervention.

Looking at the AI files the UK eventually abandons the Baltic. Why they don´t do that in the first month of the war I dunno, but later they don´t send suicide fleets anymore.
No major naval losses. The possibility of Seelöwe lives!
Did you need to say that? :rofl:
Anyway, there is no risk having the UK sending suicide fleet once Copenhagen has fallen :)

Let's just hope the Brits won't fortify their island too well. It's so frustrating when you've almost defeated the garrison defending the shores and they send +2 more divisions there.
I think that I wrote it before, but just to confirm it, there will be no Sea Lion before Barbarossa, except perhaps an attempt for role playing. It will be a mannish two-front war.

yenUTZG.jpg

Last edited:
What the film about fhurer?I know thousands of parody in style "Fhurer plays in hearts of iron or fhurer watched das boot" But,what the full name of this film?

Epic naval combat, both the Bismarck and the Hood are dead as history demands. The Brits suffered some pretty serious casualties, but they can afford it. Too bad no major carrier has been sunk yet.

An no Seelöwe before Barbarossa? Awww. Will there at least be a Battle of Britain? I am sure the Brits will surrender if you bomb London just enough, I heard this fat uniformed guy in the pub say so... ;)

This update just made your AAR feel even more realistic and better than before, great job! I chuckled when I saw that picture of Adie :D He probably reacted the same way when the actual Bismarck was sunk

To be honest, I find it only fair that after all of those lost ships the Brits were able to sink the Bismarck. The Empire strikes back, heh

1 SHBB for 3 BB + 1 BC, doing better than historically, but will the British run out of BB's first if you continue this exchange rate?

Truth be said not even 2 SHBB would mean a succesful Seelowe per se. It´s clear that unless the germans do a serious naval build up (whcih really isn´t na option in standard WiF 2), aircraft is what will allow the invasion, both by bombing fleets and bombing the garrisons.

Through some extra heavy cruisers or battle cruisers wouldn´t have hurt in that battle.

What were the British naval losses so far? Did they lose all the carriers before? BTW, those are 4 less very nasty ships the italians will have to care about.

Last edited:
1 SHBB for 3 BB + 1 BC, doing better than historically, but will the British run out of BB's first if you continue this exchange rate?

Well, technically it was 1 SHBB for 1 BB, 1 BC and 1 CL; the other battleships were sunk by aircraft.

Even then, baiting ships outside of air cover is not easy to do. I´d say it was a tactical victory overall, and probably a strategic one. Let´s face it, the ship did its job and when the US joined the war, that SHBB would be nom nom nom by carriers very fast. The stats against aircraft suck ballz, it would be much more frustrating to lose the big ship to (gasp) Glorious and its Swordfish :)

The safer option, however, would be to wait until Italy joins the war and then you can merrily send Navs to Sicily to sink half of the Royal Navy...

This update just made your AAR feel even more realistic and better than before, great job! I chuckled when I saw that picture of Adie :D He probably reacted the same way when the actual Bismarck was sunk
To be honest, I find it only fair that after all of those lost ships the Brits were able to sink the Bismarck. The Empire strikes back, heh
I am disappointed that nobody noted the reference with the Fuehrer and the British naval officers. Anyway, thanks!

Easy answer: No :(

Epic naval update, I could almost hear the volleys impacting!
I am working on the next one.

Truth be said not even 2 SHBB would mean a succesful Seelowe per se. It´s clear that unless the germans do a serious naval build up (whcih really isn´t na option in standard WiF 2), aircraft is what will allow the invasion, both by bombing fleets and bombing the garrisons.
Through some extra heavy cruisers or battle cruisers wouldn´t have hurt in that battle.
What were the British naval losses so far? Did they lose all the carriers before? BTW, those are 4 less very nasty ships the italians will have to care about.
100% in agreement with you.
After this update:
The Brits have lost SUB (1), DD (10), CVE (3), CL (9), CA (1), BB (5), TP (2)
Germany has lost SHBB (1)

Well, technically it was 1 SHBB for 1 BB, 1 BC and 1 CL; the other battleships were sunk by aircraft.
As long as it is sunk...

Hmm... ops :)
Yes! Ops!

Epic naval combat, both the Bismarck and the Hood are dead as history demands. The Brits suffered some pretty serious casualties, but they can afford it. Too bad no major carrier has been sunk yet.
An no Seelöwe before Barbarossa? Awww. Will there at least be a Battle of Britain? I am sure the Brits will surrender if you bomb London just enough, I heard this fat uniformed guy in the pub say so... ;)
We will see!

Der Untergang/Downfall
The French are too quiet...
That is the Phony War for them. That is ok with me, I can improve the Schlieffen plan v2

Even then, baiting ships outside of air cover is not easy to do. I´d say it was a tactical victory overall, and probably a strategic one. Let´s face it, the ship did its job and when the US joined the war, that SHBB would be nom nom nom by carriers very fast. The stats against aircraft suck ballz, it would be much more frustrating to lose the big ship to (gasp) Glorious and its Swordfish :)
The safer option, however, would be to wait until Italy joins the war and then you can merrily send Navs to Sicily to sink half of the Royal Navy...
I don't play safe :) I want a mannish 2-front war, with no cheat and gamey tactics. :laugh:
Regarding the previous comment with the Swordfish, do you have another one like that regarding France and the Soviet Union by chance? I would be interested to hear about them :ninja:

Question: How do you insert a 'spoiler' in a post? I couldn't find it.

wHXtrY4.jpg

Last edited:
Ahahaha, well, good luck ;) I knew Churchill wouldn't let such a disaster as losing a complete battle fleet go unpunished.