• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ha ha :rofl:
There go China's best divisions... And they still have almost 2 years to finish the Nationalists.
Maybe. But I am not sure that the AI 'thinks' the same way.

I bet it doesn´t happen that way. I think only after Japan beats China the build order changes.
It is logical, but I don't think that the AI is even scripted to finish off the Chinese. Note that I may be absolutely wrong, I am not a moder.

Norway did a lot of damage to the Kriegsmarine, but it also made the British look stupid. Surely you'll be able to do better than that.
I have 5 more updates totally ready. I won't change anything to them. :rofl:

UUZZTFs.jpg

Last edited:
An iron rule of international relations in 1939-45: do not try to be a small, defenceless neutral country bordering on Germany...

The Soviets are what they've always been - a red menace, the sword of Damocles hanging over you, churning out divisions at an insane rate, getting stronger with every passing month, scaring the sh*t out of you. That's why crushing it is so satisfying :D

Japan Always goes for the kill, it simply doesn´t manage it most of the time because the chinese AI is made to churn militia at outrageous rates :) Eventually the japanese spread themselves too thin and then good luck removing 20 militia entrenched in mountais, behind rivers.

Curious about one thing... since you have quite the land firepower why not make Fall Gelb earlier? It does mean conquest of more IC earlier. Through the bonuses of actually doing the gamble are... huge. 20000 supplies will free a LOT of IC for upgrades and shenanigans.

Curious about one thing... since you have quite the land firepower why not make Fall Gelb earlier? It does mean conquest of more IC earlier. Through the bonuses of actually doing the gamble are... huge. 20000 supplies will free a LOT of IC for upgrades and shenanigans.
Just because I stated that I will follow the historical path until Fall Gelb, and that Barbarossa will happen on June, 22nd 1941. Lots of people say that this mod is impossible to win as Germany, that is why I am trying to stay close to the original timeline. Nevertheless, I will allow myself some big transgressions to a historical path, to add some unknown.

Last edited:
And so it begins...

Is the 'industries created' event even working properly? It seems the US is getting seriously overpowered as a result of it.

Hungary,Romania,Bulgaria will join you durning your diplo-offensive against soviets (after France defeat of course)

He could have made Hungary join early by splitting Slovakia with it, He just din´t chose to do so, as Lucifer wants to go very historical. With Hungary, then you park 9 divisions and also align Romania by 1939. The result is that you can have 2 allies before France.

I personally prefer doing things in a diferent way, as "Invading Poland in September, France in may 1940 etc etc" usually becomes very repetitive eventually, specially if you played HOI 2 since 2007 :). Had quite a surprise in my UK game, as Germany gave up all of France to make Vichy join the Axis, with some rather beefy 120 IC. Found that out when the syrians took Jerusalem, lol. Thanks God Franco didn´t join! Also, I did the R 4 plan to conquer Norway, and cutting the Iron Road gives 5 dissent to Germany - irrelevant to the AI, but not something you would want in a MP game...

The US event IIRC doesn´t give that much industry but makes moves towards planned economy. Which position in the slider the US has?

The most interesting games are the ones with unforeseen events, such as "Gief me das Sudentenland", "No way, you can haz our DoW instead! noob!!!".

And so it begins...

Is the 'industries created' event even working properly? It seems the US is getting seriously overpowered as a result of it.

US likely investing it's large IC into Public Works decisions.

Steamrolling small defenceless countries can be oddly satisfying, sometimes. Denmark can be a pain though, due to the impassable straits. Well done Fallschirmjägers, that's what I call vertical envelopment!

Poor Norwegians. Hopefully Quisling can at least try to minimize German heavy-handedness.

So Norway failed to mobilize?
The declaration of war and the amphibious/airborne assaults took place the same day. Perhaps mobilization can happen only the next day. Or perhaps that Norway doesn't have the manpower. Or perhaps there is a mechanism to reflect what happened IRL.
Tonight, I am finishing Fall Gelb. There are more than 200 screenshots. :wacko: It will have to be mostly a day by day report.

I think historically both had at least partially mobilized, Denmark had a full mobilization and then sent some home again for planting season :eek:

This is an AAR to end all Wif AARs. If you end this prematurely, we will hunt you to the edge of the world ;) Uhm, what I mean to say is "great job, please continue!" :D