• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You can upgrade INF directly to other unit types in DH? :eek: And yeah, Goering was always useless, just have him roasted and eaten by bears or something.
I knew that some people would discover this feature through the tutorial :)

kgviDzW.jpg

Last edited:
Why don´t you use strategic redeployment? Afaik, it saves some oil, but of course I might be wrong.
The units would lose more organization that way. But the main reason is that once a strategic redeployment is ongoing, I can't fix any mistake done. And I have a better grasp of what I am doing that way.

HA4Nh7b.jpg

Last edited:
Japan is doing uncharacteristically well.

And why is it so essential to finish upgrading before Poland? Is defeating it even a bit of a challenge?

Japan is doing uncharacteristically well.

And why is it so essential to finish upgrading before Poland? Is defeating it even a bit of a challenge?

I've read that Japan usually doesn't perform very well, even if I have not noticed it during my 2 previous tests. I'm not going to complain :)

The challenge with Poland is that I want to take the gamble and succeed. I won't send against her units below model 1936, which is what the major part of my infantries were at that time. Saving manpower is a big part of my overall goal.
Also, I have the deepest respect for the combined French and British air forces on the Western front. I want all my FTRs to be at their best level there.

Seems complicated, hope it works. I always found air power in general pretty annoying to manage in HoI2 games. Mostly because it seems hardly possible to really SHOOT DOWN the bloody planes. I mean, historically if things went badly, large fractions of air units were wiped out; the attrition was so high that units were inoperable after a few days of fighting. Even better (or worse, depending on the perspective), it often happened that large numbers of planes were destroyed on the ground (most of the Polish air force in 1939 and large fractions of the Red Air Force in 1941). That seems completely impossible in HoI2 games. I tried to destroy the RAF as Germany many times, but it rarely led to any result lasting for more than a few days. It's insanely easy and quick to reinforce units and rebuild airbases (in my experience).

Last edited:
Judging from your OOB, you're going to wage war against Poland in a pretty historical manner...? Oh, and I didn't really understand what you meant by moving 6 divisions to the Western frontier.

I´m also a bit curious about all those air defenses and AA brigades. Is the AI really that nasty with bombings? Is it that difficult to get air supremacy?

Judging from your OOB, you're going to wage war against Poland in a pretty historical manner...? Oh, and I didn't really understand what you meant by moving 6 divisions to the Western frontier.
Yes, it should be pretty historical.
The 6 divisions are probably an excess of precaution/paranoia. What I mean is that the French have established their troops probably partly based on a mix between my own dispositive and their own AI instruction. Imagine that they need a ratio of 2:1 to attack me, by adding 6 new units they would need to add suddenly 12 of their own units. It is probably useless against the AI, but that is something that I would do against a human, should he be restricted by the same ratio.

I´m also a bit curious about all those air defenses and AA brigades. Is the AI really that nasty with bombings? Is it that difficult to get air supremacy?
What I had noticed previously is that for an unknown reason, I will suffer more losses in a 1vs1 fight, with the same unit at full strength, even when my effectiveness is better. And I don't know why! Getting air superiority is not that difficult, but getting air supremacy is not the same thing. With this dispositive, I expect to wear down the Allies above Germany first, force them to repair their air forces instead of creating new infantries, and to get ready to face the Americans when Germany will turn Eastward.

4V628IO.jpg

Last edited:
You can hold 6 divisions in every slovakian-poland border provinces and 20 division in every your border provinces with Poland.Poland AI concepted on defend against Germany,not for invasion in Slovakia

Bye bye, Poland, it's been nice to know you. Pretty lovely map of the disposition of your forces, btw. But it seems you have awfully little in terms of really mobile forces.