• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
uSSRiCB.jpg

Last edited:
Panzer II! The world will tremble! :p Your airforce will be ok and you will definitely have enough units for Poland. You need to be careful with France, though. It's not as easy to beat as in Vanilla. But of course, the real test will come in 1941.

Panzer II! The world will tremble! :p Your airforce will be ok and you will definitely have enough units for Poland. You need to be careful with France, though. It's not as easy to beat as in Vanilla. But of course, the real test will come in 1941.
Panzer II are more dangerous than brigades, and that is the only thing that the other countries can build so far. :happy:
Otherwise, I agree with your assessment. It matches what I already saw during my previous test. With a similar force, I was able to succeed the gamble missions against Poland and France.

T2zf3kt.jpg

Last edited:
Mauser-Werke researching new hospital system ... I don't even want to think what they are doing. (Manse must be busy with something else :))

a marine division? hmh what could germany needem for.... huuuh ;)
If I can fool you, I should be able to fool the Allies :laugh:

Mauser-Werke researching new hospital system ... I don't even want to think what they are doing. (Manse must be busy with something else :))
Yes, he is researching 'Battlefield Destruction Doctrine' as can be read in 'A time for trading'. Mauser-Werke is not such a bad team for the hospital tech, and I don't need it for now.

Last edited:
I am looking forward to seeing how this goes once WW2 begins.

I am looking forward to seeing how this goes once WW2 begins.
Me too, believe me.
Thirty chapter so far, and for only up to the end of 1937. I am aware that pre-war is not the most enjoying part, but since it is also intended as a tutorial...
Now, if anybody has any question regarding my strategy/build-up/options... they are welcome.

Me too, believe me.
Thirty chapter so far, and for only up to the end of 1937. I am aware that pre-war is not the most enjoying part, but since it is also intended as a tutorial...
Now, if anybody has any question regarding my strategy/build-up/options... they are welcome.

Oh no, I like to see the build-up. I only ever played the old Hoi2 WiF, which kicked by butt a number of times, so I am interested to see how things have changed since then :) I just hope you don't stop all of a sudden before you get to the joy of using the army you've built ;)

I also wonder whether you will actually attempt to take Britain in 1940/41 - personally I never bothered with much naval stuff in the old WiF because I saw it as a waste of IC. The main goal is to destroy the USSR, then you've pretty much already won the game and it's just about building the stuff you need to finish off Britain and nuke the US into oblivion.

I just hope you don't stop all of a sudden before you get to the joy of using the army you've built ;)
I hope not. I have already spend lots of time on it, for things that you have not seen yet. My signature is a clue.

I also wonder whether you will actually attempt to take Britain in 1940/41 - personally I never bothered with much naval stuff in the old WiF because I saw it as a waste of IC. The main goal is to destroy the USSR, then you've pretty much already won the game and it's just about building the stuff you need to finish off Britain and nuke the US into oblivion.
I don't bother with the notion of "waste of IC". If I want something, I build it :) That way, my army is balanced, but not built to win without fail. I think that it will render the AAR more interesting, as lots of kinds of units will be used (the STRs being the only units I have not planed to build so far, because of the cost).
As stated before, I won't play to win against USSR in 41 with a spearhead thrust to Moscow. If it is taken, the game is won. If it is not taken, scores and scores of Soviet units will appear making the Fuehrer's life difficult.
So, the draft of my strategy is as follow:
-Attempt Sea Lion, if possible, but not to win with gamey tactics.
-Support Italy.
-Destroy the Royal Navy.
-Play with subs
-Destroy the Red Army, everywhere.
-If I don't take Moscow, survive the oncoming onslaught. After, all the options are opened.

Japan always performs poorly in China in WIF2....
AI Japan, I have to agree. But I don't see that as related to the mod.
But that is the first time ever that I see Ethiopia's AI performing so well.

I don't bother with the notion of "waste of IC". If I want something, I build it :) That way, my army is balanced, but not built to win without fail. I think that it will render the AAR more interesting, as lots of kinds of units will be used (the STRs being the only units I have not planed to build so far, because of the cost).
As stated before, I won't play to win against USSR in 41 with a spearhead thrust to Moscow. If it is taken, the game is won. If it is not taken, scores and scores of Soviet units will appear making the Fuehrer's life difficult.
So, the draft of my strategy is as follow:
-Attempt Sea Lion, if possible, but not to win with gamey tactics.
-Support Italy.
-Destroy the Royal Navy.
-Play with subs
-Destroy the Red Army, everywhere.
-If I don't take Moscow, survive the oncoming onslaught. After, all the options are opened.

Wait wait wait, spearhead thrust to Moscow is a winning strategy now? Back in the day (old WiF), it would be a suicide. The only way to win against USSR I remember was to encircle and destroy as many Red Army units as (in)humanely possible in the first months of Barbarossa. Headlong rush towards Moscow would most likely have resulted in your being overwhelmed by the Soviet onslaught pretty quickly. I clearly remember one of my games where I annihilated most of RA in 1941 and expected an easy 1942 campaign to finish off the USSR, only to find out that the Soviets hd completely replenished all the losses during the winter and in the spring started counter-attacking all along my thinly-manned front. That wasn't a good feeling...