• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why dont you create the Wehrmacht?

1- Because we are of peace. Always!
2- More seriously, because it has been officially announced in October 35. From what I have seen so far in this mod, it seems that there are no penalties if one waits for the historical date. Since it will require some supplies, I will keep the event on hold until October, at least.
3- The main reason will be explained with the next update, probably tonight.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I don't know what Benito was thinking, but there are a lot more Germans than there are Italians ... or maybe he wasn't thinking ... as usually :)

Well, I'm pretty sure that if Germany was still running an army under the Versailles limitations, Italy would at the very least hold the Germans back on the Alps. Say what you will about Italy's military "strengths," but the Alpini are still around today. That should give an indication of their skill.

Of course, as in WWI, even the smoothest action on the ground can't make up for having a total loon in the commander's chair.

Speaking of loons in the commander's chair, yeah, Mussolini and Hitler didn't like each other that much. Ignoring Austria, they had personal grievances as well. If I recall, the machismo-ized Mussolini thought Hitler was a little... uh... Well, you know how artists can be stereotyped with regards to their manliness and/or sexuality. And then the 'dolf himself thought Il Duce was an idiot - and really, after refusing to use a translator, it's no surprise.

No, I won't start a war for that. As stated before, I intend to follow the historical path, until the beginning of Fall Gerb. So, expect Norway, the Phony War, etc. After, all the options are opened.
Later on, A.H. appeared to become quite fond of B.M., but he didn't trust the performances of the Italian army.
I don't have time for historical explanations. Just a note, Mussolini once said about A.H. something along this line "This moron is about to lead us to a world war"

Yeah, the alliance only happened because only Hitler accepted him :) the various episodes of mistrust during the war make it pretty clear it was an alliance of convenience, which barely worked. Not that the allies were 100% better.

Question about the mod - how more difficult is is and why? Is it due to better scripts, or does the AI get lots of free units?

Last edited:
@ Beagá:
Question about the mod - how more difficult is is and why? Is it due to better scripts, or does the AI get lots of free units?
1. I don't think that Fernando improved the AI for WiF2, but the AI has been certainly improved for DHF, which makes WiF2 already more difficult. The first WiF was quite challenging for me, but nothing that I couldn't manage.

2. AI gets tons of free units for USSR. I played only 4 times with WiF2, and stopped all the games way before 42.

a. For the first AAR with Germany, which was also a test. Unfortunately, I had to stop it during the winter 39-40 because of a very important bug.

b. Right after the bug got fixed, with Japan. I defeated China quickly, but I am sure that a medium level player would have lost badly (no false modesty here), then I stopped.

c. Another try with Germany. I got the 'achievements' for Poland and France, but failed to capture Moscow in time. After having destroyed all the SU front lines units, I thought that I could win until tons of units arrived to do way more than restoring the balance. Beginning of 42, I was on the defense even I was still able to give some heavy blows. It is possible that I could have won the game, but I am not sure. To my defense, my build up was more historical than in a game played to win it; I eagerly dispersed my production on the 3 arm branches (my fleet was quite important as well). The reason is that I wanted to be able to enjoy all the events added (the surer way to do that is to go historical up to a certain level) Since I started to have a little more time at home, I decided to stop the game in order to not spoil the discovery of the mod, to start another one and to write the AAR.

d. And now this one. I intend to play it along the same lines. Another thing, I won't spearhead straight to Moscow in one heavy blow. This strategy probably works, but it would have been purely suicidal IRL, so I won't do it. I prefer to act with the plausibility that the game allows.

Don't expect any other updates before probably 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Continuing the peaceful approach, with prizes and dealing with your new friends in Russia. Also the names of your glider club 'Pik As' (Ace of Spades) sound nice, unlike warlike countries who would name their fighter wings 'Schlächter' (Butcher)

There are some disturbing news. it appears that the peaceful approach cannot last for very long. A dog has been spotted peeing on the tire of the car of a German official. Unfortunately, the owner of the dog appeared to be a Czech... Sad, very sad...

The reference that I did about the glider was intentional. Gliding was a way that the Germans found to go around the limitations imposed by the Treaty of Versailles (no tanks, gas, planes...) As a result, lots of the German aces (like Hartmann) received their initial training via gliding. Others got trained flying for the civilian Lufthansa (my second reference). There were actually way more pilots than required, something which was apparently as inconspicuous as a pilot student asking how to fly only, and not about how to land.
Another way to go around the limitations was to sign agreements with the Soviets. Germans received some training about the use of gas/tanks/planes in USSR. It also allowed several of the highest ranking German officers to have a taste of the terrain beforehand (Leeb was one of them I think). This happened before the nazis took the power.

Also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_rocket & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet–German_relations_before_1941#Soviet_Russia_and_Weimar_Germany (first section)

Last edited:
There are some disturbing news. it appears that the peaceful approach cannot last for very long. A dog has been spotted peeing on the tire of the car of a German official. Unfortunately, the owner of the dog appeared to be a Czech... Sad, very sad...

The reference that I did about the glider was intentional. Gliding was a way that the Germans found to go around the limitations imposed by the Treaty of Versailles (no tanks, gas, planes...) As a result, lots of the German aces (like Hartmann) received their initial training via gliding. Others got trained flying for the civilian Lufthansa (my second reference). There were actually way more pilots than required, something which was apparently as inconspicuous as a pilot student asking how to fly only, and not about how to land.
Another way to go around the limitations was to sign agreements with the Soviets. Germans received some training about the use of gas/tanks/planes in USSR. It also allowed several of the highest ranking German officers to have a taste of the terrain beforehand (Leeb was one of them I think). This happened before the nazis took the power.

Also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_rocket & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet–German_relations_before_1941#Soviet_Russia_and_Weimar_Germany (first section)
smart germans

Smart Stalin! ordering his commies to vote against the social democrats to destabilize Germany ... well he got what he deserved.

Last edited:
In Konstanz? seriously? that is soooo in the way of allied bombers going for major industrial centers :D
Seriously! :)
It is all about scrambling missions by the German air forces. I don't want to build an airbase in Freiburg along the French border, since I don't want to do any scramble missions above the French AA. Tubingen would be a perfect province for that (in the middle of the area), except that it has only 40% of infrastructure, as opposed to the 80% in Karlsruhe. But building in Karlsruhe leaves an area not covered by scrambling mission, i.e. Konstanz. And I've seen the AI sending bombers through this province quite often. I am not sure that building there AA will be deterrent enough, but I have definitively seen in the past bombers avoiding provinces with AA in the past. It is a gamble, we will see...

I wonder what "Der Stürmer" is writing right now :)
No way that I will use that one. But it is my intent to switch occasionally to "Die Wehrmacht" around...September 39?

Last edited:
I don't think you'll have enough time to upgrade the Wehrmacht. Last time when I played, all of the divisions recieved from that event were like 1921/1918 divisions. Took me a lot to upgrade them...