• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Interesting. Are you going for a low IC-high army approach? To me, having less than 200 base is kind of a psychological barrier

@Deus Eversor: Thank you, I had missed one of this bloody thing. Also, the events exist but I won't try to diverge from our time line until Fall Gelb (France)
9300133 POL German–Polish Non-Aggression Pact Proposal
9300134 POL German-Polish Cooperation
9300135 POL German-Polish Cooperation
9300136 GER Propose Poland to Join the Pact of Steel
9300137 POL German Proposal to Join the Pact of Steel​

@Herbert West: You are correct, that is my approach. With this mod, and with my calculations, having set a second (and last) round of industries would have started to pay off only after Poland. I prefer to keep some margin just before the war to upgrade my army. But I agree, it is absolutely debatable, and will put me in a less favorable setup for Barbarossa (assuming that having less units would not have hampered the campaign of France).

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
IIRC, after selective, all conscription events introduce ICday penalities, no? So you would have been better off not mobilizing until you needed the MP.

Ersatz Conversion looks powerful. How historical is that?

Depends on what you think it represents. It could be anything from research into & production of synthetic rubber (historical, applicable to rares), using divers to dredge up coal sludge for use as fuel from the bottom of a harbor (historical, siege of Leningrad IIRC, applicable to energy), or a totally a-historical game balancing event :).

@Herbert West: You scared me! I've checked again, the only available ICs that I have lost were because of the (temporary) increased dissent.

@Cybvep: Ersatz is a German word, there is a reason for that :sleep: With the conversion, I have enough rare materials for now, but barely. On the other hand, I won't need to trigger the Sino-German agreement (+5 rare material, -1 money). I will definitively need to build a stock before the war, and I am pretty sure that this will be done between 40-41.

There will be probably no update before next week. I don't have enough material for the next update anyway.

Last edited:
Depends on how historical you want to go. With your low-ic approach, I'd say go for the panzer option.

Mobilisation and cost: I dont mean loss of IC as such (that only happens on full and extended mobilisation), but a loss in IC days. Its been a while, but all mobilisation slider points have effects on production time and production cost. I think the sweet spot is somewhere on 2 year conscription, but I'm too lazy to install DH again and work out the math.

Before anybody asks it, no, this AAR is not dead. But I have guests until end of August at home, using the office as their bedroom. And that is also where is my PC with DH and the various softwares that I need for the AAR. So, my apologies if you will have to be patient until then. So far, the AAR is up to date, to the very day. I may produce some updates meanwhile, but they will be very limited in number.

@Herbert West: I have double-checked, and the Two-year Conscription event doesn't appear to have any impact on construction time and costs. (see the effects of the mobilization slider below)

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

I really miss the tech-teams and the blue-print business in the new HOi3. But administrating 54 tech team positions would be too much :)

Peaceful, new Architecture, new infrastructure, even some new firework launchers are build.

Its also safe with all those Sicherungs divisions.