• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wiliart

Captain
99 Badges
Sep 26, 2011
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • March of the Eagles
  • Stellaris
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
After reading lots of other AARs I wanted to give it a go on my own. After reading "The triumph of the near east" I saw the MEIOU mod and wanted to give that a go too. While not give both of them a go at the same time? So please be bare me on this journey through AARland and MEIOU.
As this is my first AAR I don't know yet what my style is, probably game play description with more other stuff as I progress and get more experience in it. If you have any tips and/or advice feel free to say/type it in this thread or in a PM to me. I hope I can update weekly, or more.

EU3 is 5.1 and MEIOU is version 5.5.02.

I have played a bit forward already, so in the beginning I will need to use some save games to get the first screenshots (as I forgot to take those, even though I knew I wanted to create an AAR *bangs head on desk*).
You can read more about MEIOU here and here.

Settings: everything on normal, except lucky nations, which are random. I leave the merchant adventures as the national idea, but don't use a bonus or a handicap at the start of the game.

House rules: Play as less gamey as possible, although at least in the beginning I won't roleplay. No super weird stuff though and I'll try to stay below the infamy limit ( at least I do not want to go over it through peace deal infamy).

So, why Flanders? I don't know really. Usually I start games with Frisia or the Netherlands, just because I know that region so well... Flanders isn't that far away, just a little bit south, but it isn't in the HRE. That makes it less of a nuisance to grab non-core provinces, which means I can be more of an evil overlord who takes all the provinces MUAHAHAHAHA, I'm not evil, honestly.... I just want the name of my country to be as large as possible. Being Flanders does bring the big blue blob close though, but that will be a problem for later on.

Goals for the short term:
- annex Brabant
- get my name on the map

Goals for medium term:
- Form Lotharingia (as it gives more cores than forming the Netherlands)
- Survive the attacks of the Big Blue Blob.
- From above, if possible kick above blob into THE PIT of nothingness.
- The name of Flanders on the map, but now in BIGGER letters.

Goals for long term:
- Conquer as much of the world as possible.
- The name of Flanders on the map even bigger.
- ???
- Profit!

Flanders starts at war with Brabant, this is the Louis de Maele's war and we just want the province of Antwerpen.

1stoverviewpoliticalandeconomyv2.jpg

1stoverviewdiploandFranceisourally.jpg

This is an excellent start though to just take the whole of Brabant too. I need the room on the map for the name of my (hopefully) glorious country! As seen on the screenshot we have some nice cores too in the neighbourhood, Artois, Calais and Guiness look like nice juicy provinces which should be added to Flanders, don't you think? We have a few holding on the other side of France too though (Nivernés), right next to Burgundy, another potential blobber, which I'd rather take out as soon as possible. Our economy isn't that bad either, we can sustain full maintenance for our army and navy and still make a profit from our census taxes, even though it is a very small profit. Trade income could be better though, so we will need to send some merchants to Brugge. More merchants in Brugge and the final point of stability should bring a larger profit left from the census taxes.

Brugge is our own COT which will be easy to fill with our own merchants. Trade is nice, but usually I'm too much of a bad boy to trade in COTs of other countries. I'll just need to expand to enrich Brugge, I've got no problem with that.

Now, our first Duke, those stats are nice enough. For the advisors, I will probably need a diplomat and some nice guys for my army, these will do for now.

1stoverviewkingandadvisors.jpg

We start with the following sliders and the starting national idea given to Flanders in MEIOU. Some merchant stuff which could prove useful, but probably won't be because I'll be too much of a warmonger.

1stoverviewslidersandnationalideav2.jpg

So, is my name on the map yet?

1stoverviewpoliticalEurope.jpg

NO? I will start with that right away, for after this lengthy first post it is time to start. Other overview posts will come every fifty years, or a bit later if we're at a major war.

Last edited:
Chapter I: Time to conquAAR!

Well, those puny people from Brabant need to learn that Antwerpen is ours and ours only! We move in our army to crush theirs, which is not even half the seize of our army, this should prove to be easy enough. After a successful crushing of their army it is time to split up and start sieging. Sometime later they accept our peace terms, full annexation and nothing less.

1359JoustandpeacewithBrabant.jpg

Much better! Yet our name still isn't on the map, we may need to conquer some more. For now though, our lands could be better managed. Let's reform our lands so we can collect more taxes. Which of course are needed for the army, which is needed for our protection, not at all to conquer.
All this war and conquering isn't good for our reputation, it's time to support the Florentine school. Which will give a nice yearly boost to cultural tradition, a -0.10 to infamy and more. A joust would be very nice too, as our brave knights need to do something while they are not at war, it will keep them more in the fighting spirit. Gilded Iconography will also show the greatness of our nation and its culture to other nations.

1359GildedIconography.jpg

A little bit later we declare war to Burgundy, Artois is rightfully ours! They are not alone though, Austria, Castille, Luxembourgh, Auvergne, Leinster and Munster. Although this does mean we can take Guiness too, although it will cost some infamy. This could be a little more than I could handle, although Austria is far away and Castille only land a single army. At the 1st of November 1362 I'm able to peace out Auvergne and Burguny for the juice prices of Arois and Guiness.

1362PeacewithBurgundy.jpg

Now only Luxembourgh is left as a true nuisance as it borders Rethelois. Although Castille lands another army, it's mostly Leinster that keeps sending small armies, easy to take and and easy warscore. It does takes until the 3rd of November 1364 before Austria offers a white peace, which I gladly accept as I have nothing to gain and nothing to lose. My king decides that was all that life had to give to him and he leaves the land of Flanders to his infant son. There are a lot of years of regency years to come.

It's quiet for a few years, in which I burn some infamy, reform some land and build some improvements in my provinces. In 1365 the Montfortian-Blesian war is started. England and France both support a side and a major war erupts. As their loyal ally I help France. I quickly take Calais out of the hands of the English. War is slow and not a lot happens until 1367, when Burgundy wants to retake Artois and declares war. I send my army to the south to show Burgundy not to attack me. As they start to siege Nivernés I need to get there before they take it, siege is slow and my forces arrive to save the day. At least, I'd liked that, allas my armies are beaten and they flee. Luckily Burgundy decides it likes sieging more than fighting my armies and they are able to recover. Well, I can siege too, I send my army of 14 thousand to siege their capital of Digenois and let my army of 6 thousand siege Jura. As the years move by England and France decide they've had it and accept on a white peace. Now I'm only still at war with Burgundy. As both my sieges end, I send my army of 6 to take Besançon. Burgundy decides it wants their capital back, I decide I like it more in my hands. I am able to win the fight, but am unable to route them as they will receive more morale at the start of the month.

1371SiegeofBurgundy.jpg

Sieges continue, but it takes until 1371 until anything is really reached, in March I take Besançon. While Burgundy has reached Jura before I could take Besançon. After the siege of Besançon is finished I move both my armies to Jura to relieve that siege and crush the army of Burgundy, I succeed in both. They try to flee to Digenois, but I am to route their army there. After I've crushed their army I move my larger army back to Flanders and let the smaller guard Jura and Besançon, which Burgundy was kindly enough to give me as prize for winning the war.

1371PeacewithBurgundy.jpg

At August 27th 1372 our new ruler takes the throne. I immediately request a promotion from the Pope, which he gladly gives to me. Hail to the prince! He gives the honour of being his heir to his favourite cousin.

1372Newprincewithheir.jpg

Only the future will tell how our new Prince will bring greatness to Flanders.

Last edited:
Man this is really showcasing how beautiful the MEIOU map is. I'm happy that more historical AARs are popping up and I'll be following this one with interest!

First AAR in a very hard to expand area?? Best of luck. Anyone that wants to take down the French isn't evil in my book!!
Does being the enemy of evil makes you good?

Man this is really showcasing how beautiful the MEIOU map is. I'm happy that more historical AARs are popping up and I'll be following this one with interest!
It indeed is a beautiful map, and thank you for following my very first AAR.

First AAR in a very hard to expand area?? Best of luck. Anyone that wants to take down the French isn't evil in my book!!

Ey!

Will be following, I've loved MEIOU for years and tried a Flanders game awhile back that didn't come of anything.

The winners decide history. Thats for you to decide.
Well, everybody except for Flanders is evil. Allies are a bit less evil, but only when they are allies. ;)

Heck, since my computer for some reason can't handle the awesomeness of MEIOU, I will be following!
Welcome aboard! Hope you get some of the awesomeness of MEIOU through this AAR.

Will be following, I've loved MEIOU for years and tried a Flanders game awhile back that didn't come of anything.
Well, I hope this one will be successful enough.

Chapter II: Isn't there enough war in here?

Our new Prince decides that the people Cambresy should be united with their fellow kin in Flanders, it's time for war with Holland. Bohemia as emperor fails to do it's duty and leaves Holland to fight this war with us alone. I've got no problems at all with that. The armies of Holland are easily crushed, as I've got more man and they weren't prepared. They only had a small army in their southern holdings of 6k and slightly larger one of 8k in actual Holland. Both are easily crushed by my 14k army, after which I start sieging Holland's southern holdings, those which should be reunited with their kin in Flanders. It seems that Holland's nobles don't like the fact that they've lost their army and they rebel. They take 's Gravenhage (or The Hague as it's currently known) and Amsterdam while I take Cambresy, Hennault, Zeeland and Nameur, which Holland has annexed a few years ago.

The years have progressed and it's 1375 when I move my armies into the rebel taken territory of Holland.
1375Warwithhollandinprogess.jpg

I easily annihilate the rebels and start sieging 's Gravenhage and Amsterdam. I attack both castles at 75% and breached walls, 's Gravenhage falls, Amsterdam doesn't. I move both armies to Amsterdam, wait a month for morale and attack again, this time Amsterdam falls. I move my armies to Flanders again and demand Henault, Cambresy, Nameur, Zeeland and some gold.

1376PeacewithHolland.jpg

To bad this still doesn't make the name of Flanders appear on the map. England thinks I grow to fast and attacks, this isn't good. Their allies move in too and Norway quickly takes Zeeland. I try to keep England's armies in Guiness while I move my army of the south to the North and try to kill the English main army, which succeeds.England decides it really wants to take Flanders and lands some more armies, each is easily defeated as they have smaller numbers than each of my armies present. In 1377 they land an army of 16k at Brugge, but I am able to lift the siege of Brugge at April 6th 1377.

1377WarofEnglishagression.jpg

I am able to route that army a bit later, after which the army of Norway is just a juice desert. I send my army of the south to deal with Luxembourgh, while I send another to retake Zeeland and the third to take Calais. Luxembourgh quicly decides it wants to get out, which I accept to. They can have the Ardennes back for big bag of gold. Zeeland is retaken and Calais is also taken, small armies continue to land. Nothing really happens though, so the war drags on.

On September 11 1379 our beloved king Karel dies. Wait, what?! King? Must have been that message from the Papel States which I have clicked away because it popped up during a battle. In 1380 Calais defects to us and soon after England offers a white peace, which I accept. The only thing I could have taken from this war, I have taken. My navy is no match for the English navy and I need to go way past my forcelimit to have a chance against the English navy.

1380PeacewithEngland.jpg

Later the people of Calais are ashamed of their betrayal and give 5 gold to the crown. As they didn't really defect from me I shall see this as a "Thank you our Beloved King for being reunited with our brethren of Flanders".

In 1381 I get the mission to vassalize Lorraine, although I'm not really looking for vassals Lorraine is a strong enough vassal which is usually in the lead with techs. All in all not a bad vassal to have. Bohemia now decided though that I have taken a step to much and honour their duty as emperor. More allies join, while my allies dishonour ours. Seems like I have to do this on my own. Bohemia only sends stacks of 10 to 12k, my army of 14k can easily take those as they don't have a general and mine has a 2/3 for fire and shock, thank you for the war score Bohemia. Later Bohemia calls their ally of Aragon to come to the rescue, as they are doing a poor job themselves. On the 1st of February 1382 I win the siege of Lorraine and send them a peace offer. They are happy to become my vassal and cut all ties with Aragon and Trois-Evêchés. Now my expanded army of the south can move in to relieve the siege there.

1382Lorraineacceptspeace.jpg

Aragon doesn't want peace though and only demands large amount of gold and that I release Lorraine as my vassal, which I will not do. As the war progresses more counties offer white peace, which I all accept. I have nothing to gain from the lands of Bohemia, which are to far away and still heavily guarded with some armies of Bohemia. Only when it's February 1385 does Aragon offer a white peace, accepted.

The year has not even ended though when another war is declared, there is border friction with Luxembourgh. Now Bohemia does send in some actual useful troops for their allies. They start to siege Breda and Rethelois. I move my armies to the Ardennes and Argonne to take the siege of Rethelois from both sides, which succeeds, the army is quickly routed. Now up to the north with one army to relieve the siege of Breda, where only 3k soldiers try to take it. I move my other army to start sieging Luxembourgh. The siegers of Breda are easily defeated at the start of 1387, after which I start to siege the lands of Jülich.

Sieges in Luxembourgh are slow, while Jülich quickly falls in November 1387. I decide it looks good in green and offer Jülich to stop attacking them if they give me Jülich and a big bag of gold, they happily accept. The Ardennes like it more in Flanders too and they defect to us in October 1388. In June 1389 Luxembourgh sees they can't beat us after I've taken their capital, they pay us a big bag of gold to take care of the Ardennes. Bohemia quickly follow with an offer of white peace, which is accepted.

After a look at the map I notice some ugly border, Liege is in between our lands. This can not continue to be! We declare war in November 1389, even though we only have the pretty borders CB, which the lands around us don't seem to recognize. Neither does our king, he dies before his heir has reached adulthood. The army of Liege was completely surprised and was quickly defeated, their army of 3k didn't stand a chance against our army of 15k. I siege and within a year after the war was started the fortress fall, full annexation is the only thing I want. Liege agrees that it is beaten and accepts.

1390Liegeacceptspeaceandthenationalfocusismovedthere.jpg

This is also enough to make the name of the glorious Flanders appear on the map. I thank the people of Lîdje and move the national focus there.

On September 11 1392 our King becomes of age and takes the throne. God sees our glorious king and decides that he should take the lands of Coblenz out of the hands of Trier. Bohemia helps us again by only sending small armies which are easily defeated. Sieges take a while though and it is May 7th 1394 before Trier hands Coblenz to us. Was isn't over yet though as Bohemia and Cologne keep sending troops. I decide to teach them not to mess with Flanders and take Kurköln out of the hands of Cologne. At August 3rd 1396 Cologne hands Kurköln to us, together with a big bag of gold, while they beg us to stop showing them how puny they are. Soon after that Bohemia offers a white peace, which I accept, to much trouble to go to Bohemia.

1396PeacewithCologne.jpg

In 1396 France thinks that Calais is theirs and they start the French reconquest of Calais. As they have about 10 times more soldiers with their armies than me and my allies have, this doesn't look good.

(Offtopic, I'm glad with the autosave feature, as firefox decided to crash.)

Last edited:
Is this another MEIOU AAR I spy?
Nice work building yourself up from the rather small start that Flanders has but that infamy looks worrying. Europe still looks relatively sensible. Who ended up reforming Brittany?

Is this another MEIOU AAR I spy?
Nice work building yourself up from the rather small start that Flanders has but that infamy looks worrying. Europe still looks relatively sensible. Who ended up reforming Brittany?

You spy, you spy with your little eye... another MEIOU AAR. ;)

Thanks, and yeah I am a warmonger. I've been able to stay under the infamy limit so far though
I will not be able to stay that way in the next update
I think France did, as Brittany is their vassal.

Chapter III: I am small and they are big.

So France, you want Calais? You're not getting it if I've got something to say about it, which I do, because it's MINE. Although, as the years progress I lose my holdings in the south due to sieges and am only barely able to keep things in the north. France has heavy attrition though and suffers large amounts of WE, so do I, but I do because of occupied provinces. On November 2nd 1397 it's time to push back, the French morale has dropped and I will be able to take each army one by one.

1397ThepushbackagainstFrance.jpg

I slowly progress with the destruction of French armies. After each battle I need to recover morale, so progress is slow. I also want to take back my provinces as they keep increasing my attrition and if I'm not fast enough they'll defect to France. Progress is to slow and on October 2nd 1398 Nivernés defects to France. The people of Kurköln don't like it and rise up. I don't like that and send spies all over France to make rebels appear, bad decision. Some spies are discovered and I go over the infamy limit. I only notice that when all my neighbours declare war on me. France is in big trouble though and offers me a white peace in, although I would like to kick France into the dust, I have my own problems now. The people of Koblenz rise up in arms too and the siege of Kurköln is lost. The rebels of KurKöln move to Jülich to conquer that. Neighbours call in their allies, biggest alliance against me consists of Savoy, Sweden, Livonian Order and Monferrato.

1399Warsagainstmeandinfamy.jpg

I'm in 11 different wars now. The alliances are (apart from Savy etc.):
- Alsace (punitive)
- Burgundy, Munster, Milan and Tirol (Punitive)
- Jülich (reconquest of Jülich)
- Hesse and Nassau (Punitive)
- Trois-Evêche (Punitive)
- Phalzgraftshaft bei Rhein, Nürnberg and Ansbach (Punitive)
- Free City of Köln (Punitive)
- Genève (Punitive)
- Gelre (Punitive)
- Luxembourgh (Punitive)

It started with the Hesse and Savoy alliances and the rest just smelled an opportunity. I am in deep trouble, luckily though my armies are in place. Seems like the rebels occupied Berg though, as Jülich collapses on August 1st 1399. I desperately fight all the armies send my way, but progress is slow. As most countries have only one army they offer white peace quite fast after I've destroyed their army. Only Hesse, Livonian Order and Alsace continue to fight. Alsace more, because I can't go south to relieve my sieges there. Hesse offers white peace after I've destroyed some 20k of their troops. Livonian Order keeps sending small armies to Zeeland, Antwerpen en Brugge, which I am able to put down. I am able to retake Koblenz, but not fast enough to retake Kurköln and they defect to Cologne on December 1st 1400. In 1401 the Livonian Order offer me a white peace with 20% warscore for me, seems they've run out of manpower and they didn't like the attrition. I accept, as they are the greatest trouble I have at the moment.

Alsace has taken Sundgau from Austria in times past and I decide I will take it as tribute.

1401WarwithAlsace.jpg

I forgot I had the mission to take Magburg from Hesse and cancel that mission. The new one is to retake Kurköln from Cologne, that can wait, first I need to show Alsace a lesson. Sieges are slow though and
I declare war to Cologne for the reconquest of Kurköln before that CB expires. I send my larger army, that has retaken Besançon in the mean time, to the north to take Kurköln. Cologne only has a small army which I am able to destroy quickly. I split the army to siege Berg and Kurköln. Both are quickly taken while Cologne only bothers with 2k or 3k armies. As I want to demand for Kurköln back as tribute I notice that it will take me 4 infamy to do so, it appears the CB ended any way. I can't have that at this moment, so I ask Cologne for a big bag of gold, the release of Jülich and for them to cut all ties with other countries. They accept and I send the army south to help with Alsace. Sieges are slow, but on September 12th 1402 Lorraine takes Sundgau for me. I attack s' Elsass with all my might and the fortress falls. Alsace starts to offer me Sundgau and a big bag of gold, but my infamy isn't low enough yet, so I wait. On September 13 1403 the people of Koblenz decide they like me and it becomes a core. As some census taxes have arrived Alsace offers me more, my infamy has dropped over time and on January 4th 1404 I demand them to give me all their gold, Sundgau and that they cut all their ties with other countries. Denmark sees my might and offers me and alliance, I gladly accept.

1404mylands.jpg

I get the mission to conquer Marburg again, which I cancel. Taking Marburg will not make my border pretty, it will look like Flanders penetrates Germany. I can't handle the infamy too, so some years of peace are to come.

Last edited:
Well that's the infamy limit out the window. You'd better hope that France doesn't take advantage of the lovely 1 infamy/province dishonourable scum CB.

Good luck. Tear the Empire apart.

As you can see in the post I just posted, France will not be able to use the dishonourable scum CB, my other neighbours though.... I quickly get under the limit again though and I hope keep it under the limit.

And thank you for posting, nice to have the attention of on of the EU3 gods.

Nice tactical control through the wars there. I probably would have panicked if I had France decide to attack with all her might. Do you know how many provinces you are away from being able to form Lotharingia?

Will be following this :) Love MEIOU, been playing it for years.
I only played it for about 3 weeks now, did a game with Friesland first, but there I got kicked by France pretty hard. So now I take revenge. Thank you for following.

Nice tactical control through the wars there. I probably would have panicked if I had France decide to attack with all her might. Do you know how many provinces you are away from being able to form Lotharingia?
Well, I did too, but France was beat up with WE quite fast, I could have taken them if not for the infamy limit breaking and my WE. I noticed later on, that I only broke the infamy limit by a little bit and because people thought my king wasn't legit enough. That made all my neighbours mad and spawned lots of rebels.
I only need Amsterdam and Lorraine, the rest of Lotharingia I mean to take through reconquest wars. Lorraine shouldn't be that hard through diplo-annex, if I ever manage to lower my infamy.

Last edited:
Chapter IV: Bring it on!

Now would be the time for an overview of the world as Flanders knows it, but trust me on this that it will be nicer if I wait with that for another 10 years or so.

At the end of 1409 I get a border friction against Savoy and I move my army in position to take Vaud and Bresse. I notice though that France has its armies at my borders, looks like they want trouble again.

Bring it on!

I order new recruits in all my cores. It’s time for a new army, I think about two armies of 16k and one of 15k will be enough. Although that will bring me over my landforce limit of 42, I know I will need it against France. I have some cores on them too, so it they don’t attack, I will. The years of peace have decreased the infamy too, although it’s still high. It’s not close to the limit of 32 though, but under 29. It could have been lower, but my 6/4/7 King doesn’t care about relations with other countries. He wants to conquer and to rule the conquered.

Little surprise though that in January 1410 France declares war, they want Calais again. This time I’m a bit more prepared, but things still don’t look in my favour. Lots of fights happen, often with all three of my armies against one army of France. They occupy the south again, although I am able to destroy their armies in the North. Only one French army is left at the start of 1411. As I still have the Vassalize Luxembourgh mission and France is beaten I fight a quick war with Luxembourgh, over in about two months. I’ve got a new vassal. By April 1411 France doesn’t have an army left. I tried to stop their navy at some point, in which I failed, so I don’t have a navy left.

1411LastFrencharmyvanquished.jpg

Now it’s time for me to gain ground, and as France has used the reconquest CB I can take Nivernés and Picardie for no infamy. Time to destroy the last armies of France’s vassals, retake Besançon and Barrois. Although it seems I don’t have to do that alone, as Castille has declared war on France too. I move in my armies, split them and begin the siege of northern France. I notice now too that the King of France is excommunicated, seems like I have an easy target for the next war.

1412LetsconquerFrance.jpg

It takes less than a year before I win most sieges, up to the south of France. More countries smell that France is in trouble and declare war. Castille and I are in charge of most sieges though, so most of these smaller wars against France end in white peace.

1413ProgressofWaragainstFrance.jpg

Multiple times I forget to move an army to Champagne, which is occupied by 3 different countries before the last signs a white peace with France and I move in. My other sieges progress at a good rate, although Castille have won sieges too, so I have to move to Brittany for my next sieges.

1414BritannyandCalais.jpg

In the meantime Scotland thinks it can help its ally and sends an army to Calais. I wait for some sieges to finish before I send 14k of soldiers to deal with the 11k Scottish soldiers. Too bad for you Scotland, I would have saved you. I should probably have demanded a peace deal by now, but I want to make sure that France can’t rise up again in the next few years. On January 17th 1415 Charollois defects to me, for only 1 infamy. It does mean though that I have to wait a while before I can demand at least 2 provinces (apart from Nivernés and Picardie) from France. Time to kick them into the dust a bit more, sieges in Brittany are slow though.

1415Francevseverybody.jpg

In 1416 France accepts peace with Castille, they have to stop being the overlord of all their vassals except Brittany. I finnish my sieges in Brittany and let Lorraine handle the rest, France is down. On February 21st the French accepts my modest peace offer.

1417PeacewithFrancev2.jpg

Yes, I know this will create ugly borders, but this way I am able to connect all my lands and France will not be able to reach Paris and the Champagne area. I also get a new ally close to home and I stay just under the infamy limit. Which I try not to break again, although I am living on the edge.

Last edited: