• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say a little about this, due to the way the title tiers work and the size of the map the system is shifted slightly, Gondor and Arnor are Empire tier, simply because they hold vast amounts of land de jure (about half the map between them) and there would be nothing higher than them if they kingdoms, rendering a tier unused. If the player manages to get both titles (Kingdoms of Arnor & Gondor) they will have access to a special title which is the Reunited Kingdom, or High King title. Gondor is split into many princedoms at Kingdom level, and some kingdoms such as Rohan, same with Arnor (Cardolan, Arthedain, Rhudaur)

I'll say a little about this, due to the way the title tiers work and the size of the map the system is shifted slightly, Gondor and Arnor are Empire tier, simply because they hold vast amounts of land de jure (about half the map between them) and there would be nothing higher than them if they kingdoms, rendering a tier unused. If the player manages to get both titles (Kingdoms of Arnor & Gondor) they will have access to a special title which is the Reunited Kingdom, or High King title. Gondor is split into many princedoms at Kingdom level, and some kingdoms such as Rohan, same with Arnor (Cardolan, Arthedain, Rhudaur)

Now it's clearer, thanks for the explanations ;)

Here is some eyecandy :happy:

An early (and very wip) view of the main area on our new map!
wipmap_zpsca246c59.png

Lovely! Keep up the good work!

Diary #1 - Forth Eorlingas

Diary #1 - Welcome to Middle Earth !
"Forth Eorlingas!"

Hello everybody, I'm Lonhaldar, one of the member of the MEP Team! I'm really glad to introduce you to our mod, and for this first diary, I propose to travel with you inside the plains of Rohan.
Before I talk about this kingdom, I want to say one or two things about the gameplay. For the War of the Rings scenario, the start date is 11362, this is because we count the dates of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Ages, and a part of the Years of Trees before that. Why? Because it's a better way to make and represent some characters and dynastic trees (like the loooong family tree of Aragorn, or the characters like Galadriel/Elrond/...). A few words about the map: during the War of the Rings, there are two opposing large factions, but it's a little more complicated. At the center of the map, Rohan fights against Isengard and Dunlendings to the North West and Mordor to the East. Gondor is his powerful ally in the south, but itself in war with Mordor/Harad/Rhûn/...
But for now, maybe the best thing is to show you directly a map of Rohan.
rohan-map.jpg

For this map, we use the "de jure kingdoms" filter. So, a big kingdom, with 26 counties, 6 "districts" (duchy level). The titles of Marshals of Rohan aren't landed titles, but minor ones, then you could make your owns "1st Marshal of the Mark" as in the books.
I can show you what are the construction of the de jure kingdom of Rohan maybe? Hmmm... Yes, I think I could.
rohan-districts.jpg

The kings of Rohan are the heirs of Eorl the Young who received the territory of Calenardhon from Cirion, steward of Gondor, around 500 years before the start of our bookmark. For the game, we implement the entire dynastic line of Eorl, from... Eorl to Theodred, son of Theoden.
house of eorl.jpg
first to last.jpg

In the War of the Rings scenario, you'll begin with Theoden obviously. Let's have a look to this character, and to a specific trait he has:
theoden.jpg

Yeah, that's Herugrim, his own sword! We implement some traits like that for specific characters/stuff, who'll increase/decrease some skills of the characters who hold them, and who could be the source of some events/decisions too.
Some important characters are here too, like Eomer and Eowyn. They're from the Eorl dynasty, because they're the sons of the sister of Theoden. So, if Theodred dies, Eomer should be the heir, and the line isn't broken.:
eomer-eowyn.jpg

Nukumnehtar made a great job in the cultures file, so we've got a really great Rohanese culture, and some surprises to come, be sure of that! The Rohirrim got their own skins too, because we can't have the same helmets/crowns for Rohan and for Gondor or Hobbits !
rohan.jpg

Some events will adds some flavour to playing the game as a Rohir. But it'll be another diary I guess, I don't want to show you all our works for now !

Thanks for pointing that out :happy: will be fixed
How do the religions show up in the religion tab? Have you been able to remove the "the religion religion_group faith" format?

Some localization suggestions to give everything a more Tolkienesque atmosphere.

Diplomacy -> Charisma or Voice (cf. Saruman's powerful voice)
Stewardship -> ???
Martial -> Valour
Intrigue -> Cunning or Subfertuge
Learning -> Wisdom

I'm thinking of a personality trait system that could replace the sins/virtues system.

Education traits:
Some of the words were amongst the archaic words Tolkien used in his writings.

Diplomacy:
Dull Diplomat
Able Ambassador
Riveting Rhetorician
Mesmerizing Mouthpiece

Stewardship:
Parsimonious Proprietor
Modest Merchant
Versatile Vendor
Thriving Trader

Martial:
Scrappy Sluggard