• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If i have all the portraits and dont need to do the fix can i play with a friend who does?

I'm not very knowledgeable about multiplayer (I never have played multiplayer), but I think it depends on whether the checksum is different - ask your friend what his or her checksum is, and then look at yours; if they're the same then it should be fine. Of course if that doesn't work then you'll know you'll need the fix.

This goes against the very name of the mod but is it possible to get this for CK2+? Because this sounds like a pretty cool adition to that mod.

Cybrxkhan, could you clear out some messages from your PM box? I tried to send you some questions about the events I'm working on, and it's full up. :D

Here's the most important one: can you use variable substitutions in event texts? If for example, you want to put in the name of your religious adviser in an event text, can you use a variable that calls his name, so the latter appears if the event pops up? Similarly, can I use a variable for the noble honorific, so that the appropriate phrase according to rank ("my liege," "my lord," etc) appears in the text? This is something I used a lot for flavor when working for an MMORPG, and would like to use again--if it's available. Thanks.

This goes against the very name of the mod but is it possible to get this for CK2+? Because this sounds like a pretty cool adition to that mod.

I would think that only the traits and events modules are compatible. The rest makes changes which may not agree with CK2+.

As yezhanquan said the traits and events modules should be compatible, somewhat. I'm assuming that CK2+ adds in new events and flavor events as well (particularly into the on actions), so these two modules, while technically compatible, might also remove some of CK2+'s features as well (though nothing that should cause serious issues, I believe).

Unfortunate as it is, I think it is unlikely I'll ever try to make a CK2+ version of VIET, simply because CK2+ is so large and different a mod than vanilla or even PB that it would require a large amount of time and effort that I simply don't have. I've chosen to have PB-compatible versions simply because PB's goals are somewhat similar to mine - to improve vanilla without drastically changing it (and also because PB is my preferred overhaul mod).

That said, if enough people ask for it, I might consider doing a completely 100% CK2+ compatible version of the Events module (as in a version that wouldn't effect anything CK2+).

Cybrxkhan, could you clear out some messages from your PM box? I tried to send you some questions about the events I'm working on, and it's full up. :D

Here's the most important one: can you use variable substitutions in event texts? If for example, you want to put in the name of your religious adviser in an event text, can you use a variable that calls his name, so the latter appears if the event pops up? Similarly, can I use a variable for the noble honorific, so that the appropriate phrase according to rank ("my liege," "my lord," etc) appears in the text? This is something I used a lot for flavor when working for an MMORPG, and would like to use again--if it's available. Thanks.

Just cleared out some messages - send away!

As for your question: that is possible using something like the examples given at the bottom of this page. However, I *think* it isn't possible to do this if this is the first event in a series (hence why many of the vanilla events don't mention the actual name or title of the non-PC in question if it's the first event in a chain).

As for noble honorifics I know there's something you can type in for those, but I don't remember what exactly.

My suggestion would be to check in vanilla's localization files (particularly the bigger ones) as they'll contain entries for these sort of variables as well as examples on how to use them properly. Me, I don't know much about them - I just copy and paste and then change up a bit of vanilla's stuff for my own purposes.

My suggestion would be to check in vanilla's localization files (particularly the bigger ones) as they'll contain entries for these sort of variables as well as examples on how to use them properly. Me, I don't know much about them - I just copy and paste and then change up a bit of vanilla's stuff for my own purposes.

If that link you provided offers the only variables for events in the game, they're pretty damn light: ten in all. GetTitledFirstName is good, but it doesn't look as though Paradox was thinking in terms of modding uses when they hard-coded the lot in. Wish it were possible to create a reference file containing many more (get spymaster full name, for example) that could be accessed for events, but I don't see any way to do this.

There's far more possibilities, just look in the localization. I have a listing here, dunno how complete it is:
$ABDICATOR$
$ABOUT$
$ACTIVE$
$ACTOR$
$ACTOR_PERSON
$ACTOR_WARS$
$ADJ$
$AGE$
$ALL$
$AMBITION_HE_SHE$
$AMBITION_HIM_HER$
$AMBITION_HIS_HER$
$AMBITION_TARGET_NAME
$AMOUNT$
$ANTIPOPE$
$ASSASSIN$
$ATT$
$ATTACKER$
$ATT_SIZE$
$AUTHORITY_LOSS$
$AVERAGE$
$AVRG$
$BACKER$
$BALANCE$
$BARONY$
$BATTLE$
$BISHOP$
$BONUS
$BUILDING$ACTION$
$CALLER$
$CAPITAL$
$CASH$
$CASUSBELLITYPE
$CAUSE$
$CHAN$
$CHANCE
$CHANGE$
$CHAR$
$CHAR1$
$CHAR2$
$CHARACTER$
$CHARACTERNAME$
$CHARACTERTITLE$
$CHARNAME$
$CHILD$
$CHILD_GENDER$
$CLAIM$
$CLAIMANT$
$CLAIMS$
$COL$
$COLOR$
$COMMANDER
$CONSTRUCTION$
$COST$
$COUNCILLOR$
$COUNT$
$COUNTRIES$
$COUNTRY
$COUNTY$
$CREATOR$
$CROWN_TITLE$
$CRUSADE$
$CRUSADE_NAME$
$CULTURE
$CULTURENAME$
$CURRENT$
$CURRVERSION$
$DAMAGE$
$DATE$
$DAYS
$DAYS_LEFT$
$DECADENCE$
$DEF$
$DEFENDER$
$DEF_SIZE$
$DELTA$
$DESC$
$DEST$
$DESTROYER$
$DIRECTION$
$DISC$
$DISEASE$
$DIS_NAME$
$DLC$
$DUCATS$
$DUCATS_DIFF$
$DUCHIES$
$DUCHY$
$DUKE$
$DURATION$
$EACH$
$EFFECT$
$EFFICIENCY$
$EMPLOYER$
$ENDCHAR$
$ENEMY$
$ENEMYLIST$
$EVENT$
$EXTRACOST$
$FACTION$
$FAILED$
$FAMILY$
$FAMILY_REL$
$FATHER$
$FEMALE$
$FILE$
$FILENAME$
$FILE_MAX$
$FIRST$
$FIRST_ADJ$
$FLAG$
$FOA$
$FOCUS$
$FOLDERNAME$
$FREQ$
$FRIEND$
$FROM$
$FROMCHARACTER$
$FROM_EFFECT$
$FROM_GOODS$
$GIVER$
$GOLD$
$GOODS$
$GOODS_FROM$
$GOODS_OTHER$
$GOODS_TO$
$GOV$
$GOVNAME$
$GROUP$
$GROWTH$
$GUARDIAN$
$HEIR$
$HELD$
$HERESY$
$HIGHEST$
$HOLDER$
$HOLDING$
$HOLDINGS$
$HOLY_WAR$
$HOME$
$HONORIFIC$
$HOUSE$
$HOUSENAME$
$IDEA$
$INTERACTION$
$ITEM$
$JAILOR$
$JOB$
$JOBTITLE$
$JOB_TITLE$
$KEEPER$
$KILLER$
$KING$
$KINGDOM$
$KINGDOMS$
$LAW$
$LEVEL$
$LEVY$
$LIEGE$
$LIEGENAME$
$LIST$
$LIVING$
$LOCATION$
$LOOSER$
$LORD$
$LOSE$
$LOSER$
$LOSS$
$MAN$
$MAX$
$MAXTROOP$
$MEN$
$MIN_RET$
$MONARCHNAME
$MONARCHTITLE$
$MONTHS
$MORALE$
$MOTHER$
$MUCH$
$MYPARTY$
$M_VAL$
$NAME$
$NATION$
$NEED$
$NEEDED$
$NEEDED_YEARS$
$NEW$
$NEWHOLDER$
$NEW_LIEGE$
$NEW_NAME$
$NEW_REL_HEAD$
$NEW_SUCCESSOR$
$NEW_TITLE$
$NICK$
$NICKNAME$
$NOMINEE$
$NUM$
$NUMCHARS$
$NUM_SHIPS$
$NUM_SONS$
$NUM_TROOPS$
$OBJECTIVE$
$OLDHOLDER$
$OLDLIEGE$
$OLD_LIEGE$
$OLD_NAME$
$OLD_PARENT$
$OLD_REL_HEAD$
$OLD_TITLE$
$OPINION$
$OPINION2$
$OPPOSITE_HE_SHE$
$OPPOSITE_HIM_HER$
$OPPOSITE_HIS_HER$
$OPTION$
$ORDER$
$OTHER$
$OTHER_TITLE$
$OUR_LOSSES$
$OUTCOME$
$OUTSIDER$
$OWNER$
$OWNERFULLNAME
$PARENT$
$PASSIVE$
$PERC$
$PERCENT$
$PERSON$
$PERSON_DESC$
$PHASE
$PIETY$
$PLAYER$
$playername$
$PLOT$
$PLOTNAME$
$PLOTTER$
$PLOTTERJOB$
$PLOTTERNAME$
$PLOT_NAME$
$PLURAL$
$POPE$
$POWER$
$PREDECESSOR$
$PRESSER$
$PRESTIGE$
$PRESTIGE2$
$PRESTIGE_COST$
$PRISONER
$PROG$
$PROGRESS$
$PRONOUN$
$PROV$
$PROVINCE$
$PROVINCENAME$
$PROV_NAME$
$PROV_OTHER$
$P_VAL$
$RANK$
$RANSOM$
$REASON$
$RECIPIENT$
$RECIPIENT_PERSON$
$REGENT$
$REGION$
$REGNAL_NAME$
$REIGN
$REL$
$RELATION$
$RELIGION$
$RELIGIONNAME$
$REL_1$
$REL_2$
$REL_HEAD$
$REL_HEAD_TITLE$
$REL_TITLE$
$REMAINING$
$REQ_PERC$
$RESULT$
$RETINUE
$REVOLTER$
$RISK$
$ROOT_CHARACTERTITLE$
$RULER$
$RULERTITLE$
$RULER_TITLE$
$SCORE$
$SEA$
$SECOND$
$SECOND_ADJ$
$SETT$
$SETTLEMENT$
$SETTLEMENTNAMES$
$SETTLEMENTTYPE$
$SEX$
$SIDE$
$SIZE$
$SLIDER$
$SPOUSE
$SPYMASTER$
$STR$
$STRENGTH$
$SUCCESS$
$SUCCESSOR$
$SUCC_RAND_DESC$
$SUPPORT$
$S_VAL$
$TACTIC$
$TAG$
$TARGET$
$TAX$
$TAX_LIEGE$
$TECH$
$TECH_NAME$
$TERRAIN$
$TEXT$
$THEIRPARTYTITLE$
$THEIR_LOSSES$
$THEM
$TIER$
$TIME$
$TITLE$
$TITLES$
$TITLE_ADJ$
$TO$
$TOCHARACTER$
$TOPOWNERFULLNAME$
$TOTAL$
$TOWN$
$TO_EFFECT$
$TO_GOODS$
$TRAIT
$TRAITNAME$
$TRAIT_DEATH$
$TROOP$
$TROOPS$
$TRUTH$
$TUTOR$
$TYPE
$UNIT$
$UNITS$
$UNITS_TYPE$
$US$
$USERNAME$
$USURPER$
$VAL$
$VALUE$
$VASSAL$
$VERSION$
$VICTIM$
$VOTER$
$WAR$
$WARLIST$
$WARNAME$
$WHAT$
$WHEN$
$WHERE$
$WHICH$
$WHO$
$WINNER$
$WOMAN$
$X$
$Y$
$YEAR$
$YEARS$
Actor
ActorExtra
AdultExtra
Betrothed
Capital
ChildExtra
County
Culture
Duchy
Father
FatherOfUnborn
From
FromFrom
FromGetSheHe
GetAgeYears
GetAmbition
GetBaseName
GetBestName
GetBirthDate
GetBornAndDeathDate
GetChancellorName
GetCrusadeName
GetDeathDate
GetDeathReason
GetDeathReasonCap
GetDelayedLiegeOpinion
GetDelayedPlayerOpinion
GetDemesneSizeRatio
GetDiploGiftSize
GetDiplomacy
GetDiplomacyBreakdown
GetDynName
GetFirstName
GetFOA
GetFromRelation
GetFullBaseName
GetFullName
GetGroupName
GetHerHim
GetHerHimCap
GetHerHimOpp
GetHerHis
GetHerHisCap
GetHerHisOpp
GetHerselfHimself
GetHersHis
GetHighestTitles
GetHimselfHerself
GetID
GetInstantLiegeOpinion
GetInstantPlayerOpinion
GetIntrigue
GetIntrigueBreakdown
GetIsValidDesc
GetJobTitle
GetLadLass
GetLearning
GetLearningBreakdown
GetLiege
GetLordLady
GetLordSpiritualName
GetManWoman
GetManWomanOpp
GetMarshalName
GetMartial
GetMartialBreakdown
GetMonthlyIncome
GetMonthlyPiety
GetMonthlyPietyBreakdown
GetMonthlyPrestige
GetMonthlyPrestigeBreakdown
GetName
GetObjective
GetObjectPronoun
GetOnlyDynastyName
GetPietyCost
GetPlayerRelation
GetPlot
GetPossPronoun
GetPrimaryTitles
GetProposedLaw
GetRandomGodName
GetRandomGodNameCap
GetReflexivePronoun
GetRulerTitle
GetScriptureName
GetSheHe
GetSheHeCap
GetSheHeCapOpp
GetSheHeOpp
GetSpymasterName
GetStatusInfo
GetStewardship
GetStewardshipBreakdown
GetSubjectPronoun
GetSubjectPronounCap
GetTitle
GetTitledFirstName
GetTitledName
GetTitleIncParents
GetTreasurerName
Guardian
Heir
Holder
Host
job_chancellor
job_marshal
job_spiritual
job_spymaster
job_treasurer
Kingdom
Liege
New
PlotTarget
PlotTargetTitle
PrimaryTitle
Recipient
RecipientExtra
Regent
RelHead
Religion
Root
SeaZone
Siege
Spouse
SupportedClaimant
SupportedClaimantTitle
ThePope
ThirdPartyCharacter
ThirdPartyTitle
This
Title
TopLiege

Last edited:
@Bertouch: Guess I forgot to add that that only shows the most common ones - as jordarkelf has shown us, there's way many more. At first I thought the ones in that link were the only ones possible, then as I began copying and pasting stuff from the game I noticed that there were quite a lot more. Way too much more!

If that list isn't on the wiki, it should be added.

I just tried this mod. game crashes to desktop when i try to open Search All section.

i have clean install, last patch and running these mods:
d3BSB.png

Do you have the portrait DLCs? If not, that's a known source of crashes when using Immersion.

Completely disagree about denying cynical rulers a CB against infidels. A cynical ruler would exploit the populace faith at his advantage to gain more lands, especially with the ambitious trait which is one of the requirements. I also wonder why cruel doesn't qualify for starting a war against infidels but lunatic does.
Cynical cruel can't start a war against infidels but a kind, charitable and brave could. I have my doubts!!

Thanks for the mod! A few suggestions:

1. Write more events. Don't waste time with borders and titles that can he debated for hours. ;D

2. For the Bysantine claims, consider an event that triggers on battles/sieges won by dukes on the field.

3. It would be great for both role-playing and gameplay, if flavor events were less (more) likely to trigger when at war (peace).

I just tried this mod. game crashes to desktop when i try to open Search All section.

i have clean install, last patch and running these mods:
d3BSB.png

As richvh said, do you have all the portrait DLCs? If you do not, that is probably the cause of the crash. Some of the new portrait sets VIET introduces use both vanilla and portrait DLC material, so it will cause crashes. However, as Bertouch said, to fix this, you can simply use the portrait DLC fix, which is located in the fourth post of the thread - it's also included in the most recent update's .rar as well. Simply follow the instructions in the readme (make sure you follow them closely!) and it should be fine.

If it doesn't work for whatever reason (though it should), you can post an error log (located in Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/logs, I believe) here right after the game crashes (so reload into the game again, get it to crash, then get the error log - if you don't do this and reload the game again, the error log will clear itself).

Completely disagree about denying cynical rulers a CB against infidels. A cynical ruler would exploit the populace faith at his advantage to gain more lands, especially with the ambitious trait which is one of the requirements. I also wonder why cruel doesn't qualify for starting a war against infidels but lunatic does.
Cynical cruel can't start a war against infidels but a kind, charitable and brave could. I have my doubts!!

I interpret cynical differently. To me a cynical ruler is not manipulative and exploiting, but rather tired and weary of the world, unhappy or disapproving with how it is structured. Such a ruler might not necessary feel like exploiting others - such rulers might, instead, be very peace-minded and good, unwilling to take advantage of others - they simply don't like the way the rest of the world is. What you're talking about is basically what ambitious is, in my opinion, a ruler who is willing to do what it takes to get what he or she wants.

As for cruel, that makes sense, actually. I can put that in for the next version. (Of course, I don't want to have too many traits possible - the whole point of this trait limitation is not only for roleplaying, but also a balance tweak to reduce the frequency of holy wars - but adding in cruel should be fine, I think.)

Thanks for the mod! A few suggestions:

1. Write more events. Don't waste time with borders and titles that can he debated for hours. ;D

2. For the Bysantine claims, consider an event that triggers on battles/sieges won by dukes on the field.

3. It would be great for both role-playing and gameplay, if flavor events were less (more) likely to trigger when at war (peace).

1. But I like good borders and titles. We need balance after all. But don't worry about that. There's only so many border and title changes I'm willing to do and can do, while the number of events are theoretically infinite. (Not to mention borders and titles don't really take that much time to do anyways.)

2. I don't get what you mean here. What sort of event are you talking about?

3. What sort of events are you talking about? And why these events? I'm generally hesitant to modify vanilla events, but I can modify my own newly added events.

Cybr, what I do in BLC (and Lux) is to copy in the portrait definitions from the DLCs to the mod portraits_sprites.gfx, so instead of crashes you get the infamous black box as the portrait.

3. What sort of events are you talking about? And why these events? I'm generally hesitant to modify vanilla events, but I can modify my own newly added events.

Not to speak for him, but in the alchemy event chain I'm working on for you, it stands to reason Albertus won't show up in wartime. A solitary alchemist wouldn't venture near a war if he could help it. On the other hand, I could distinctly see (and will write, now that I think of it) at least a few merchant events that only trigger in wartime. You'd expect a group of well-heeled merchants to offer you a one time special deal of money out of their coffers in an attack on the country, or a merchant who comes to town selling luxury goods for cheap prices that raise specific values (a fine bolt of Venetian silk to raise a woman's regard for a male ruler; a dictionary on Greek-Latin terms that improves Learning by a slight amount, etc).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.