• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The B

Major
79 Badges
Dec 17, 2011
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Darkest Hour
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
After massive pressure from other Great Powers and those living in the Urals, on the 1st January 1836 the Russian Empire granted the area semi-independence. It was a sign, at the time, that perhaps the Russians were starting to fall apart.

The borders were settled literally with pencil and paper, thus disputes would continue for some time. But, officially, the country came out looking like this:
v24f.png

And so the Ural State was born.

Last edited:
Independent Urals Ò.ó Waht is the kind of Government?Monarchy :)?

Let's go to some analysis.

dbyn9.png

Our position is not great. We are totally surrounded by Russia. There are some areas to be colonised to the North, which will probably be grabbed by Russia. Our tough terrain could be a hindrance or a help.
plI4O.jpg

But we have screwed up the Russian label! So that makes it alright.

9D3D8.jpg

And we are of course uncivilised. And an absolute monarchy with a conservative upper house. Hooray.

OuKQQ.jpg

Ural State strong! Our mighty armiesy will crush the puny Russians.

zFbKr.jpg

I don't see any problems with the Pops though. We're not too ethnically split.

This is going to be a hard challenge. But we can make it to greatness, eventually!

I would welcome any suggestions on what to do next.

Last edited:
Replace Russia :p

LONG LIVE THE ABSOLUTE KING!!!!!!!!

What is the name of the king? Markov I?

Last edited:
- I'm very sorry but I'm going to have to postpone (not cancel) this AAR because I can't seem to get an interesting game going. This AAR will return! Thank you for your interest and you can see my German AAR which will be started soon. Please leave any suggestions for strategies as Ural State here, even daft ones are welcome -

Wow, Ural State, thats new. And pretty hard I'd guess. At least 10% literacy is better than most other uncivs even if still somewhat low. From the top of my head I can only think of two rather general strategies (after civilizing asap of course):

Option A: Be a good vassal to Russia, ally with them and get whatever you can enforce in their wars. In my opinion the easier route, with the drawback that you can't connect your mainland with new gained territories.

Option B: Oppose Russia and hope they get clobbered to eat them from the inside. This needs considerably more luck I'd guess. In my last games, Russia always ate China alive and mutated to a soldier-spewing juggernaut. (Also I have yet to see a Soviet Union)
But then again I have no Idea whats possible in APD since its too slow on my machine.

A bold choice B. For a minute I thought your population was 1.06 K but a million men is a respectable starting point. Given your position I'd say Micutio is correct, piggyback on Russia and build up some lands before you take on the Bear. I hope you gets this running because it could possibly be a very unique game.

Thanks for the response! What do you chaps recommend to do with the economy? Encouraging craftsmen too early could be disastrous.
Also, upon restarting the game I've noticed something. I saved the game on the first day, after gaining independence, and I have no technologies. However when I restart entirely and continue, I am civilised with some technologies. Is this a bug and which should I go with?

I might consider running this parallel with my German AAR if this is the response I get! Good to see you are interested.