• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dovahkiing

Watcher on the Walls
16 Badges
Jan 22, 2012
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Today, I looked at my AARing past (Paradox and Total War) and noticed that the only two AARs I wrote that lasted more than five updates (The British Resurrection of the Roman Empire for Rome:Total War and CKII's Dead men DO tell tales) have something in common: They were written in-character, but they were
not narratives. Therefore, I am starting a new aar (latest among billions). However, it has one thing that makes it unique:
This will be a megacampaign beginning in CK2. For those who don't know what that is, it is a hallmark of Paradox's games. A megacampaign means starting in CK (in this case CK2), then when reaching 1453 use a savegame converter to produce a EU3 save, from which one plays until reaching EU3's end date (Here modified to 1835 to avoid an awkward gap between EU3 and V2), then converting that to Victoria 2: A House Divided and when reaching 1936 convert to Arsenal of Democracy (using King of Men's AHD to AoD converter used in the MP megacampaign Children of the Fatherland), and play until 1966, thus playing for 9 centuries, (this is my plan, there are other ways, such as using CK1/pre-DW EU3/Victoria 1/HOI2, but this one uses all of the current generation Paradox games, except of course for AoD which was developed by BL-Logic and is based on HoI2 and it is possible that EU4 will be released before I finish this) . As far as I'm aware, this is the first megacampaign AAR starting in CK2. Yes, the converters to EU3 aren't complete, but I am sure that by the time I reach 1453 they will be functional enough to produce a reasonable EU3 game.

TROPHY ROOM (AWARDS AND HONORS)

GLOSSARY:
ANGLAND- ENGLAND
EIRANN- IRELAND
EIRANNIAN- IRISH
EIRANMANN- IRISHMAN
EIRANMENN- IRISHMEN
JORSAL- JERUSALEM
JORSALABORG- CASTLE IN JERUSALEM
JORSAL-LAND- THE HOLY LAND
VALSHLAND- WALES
VALSHER- WELSH
VALSHERMANN- WELSHMAN
GLUKSLAND- GLOUCESTER
VALSHERMARCH- SHREWSBURY
JORVIK- YORK
JORVIKBORG- YORK CASTLE
ELEKTOR- DUKE

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
REGES DOMUS DE YNGLING:
HARALD 'THE CONQUEROR' SIGURDSSON YNGLING, HARALD III OF NORWAY (FORMALLY KING HARALD I OF ENGLAND, BUT NEVER CROWNED DUE TO COMATOSE STATE, INSTEAD OLAF WAS CROWNED), B. 1015, R. 1046 - D.15 AUGUST, 1068 (COMATOSE FROM 3 OCTOBER 1066)
1. Harald and Harold- This post
2. All along Yorkshire
3. An Island of Ghosts

OLAF 'THE WISE' HARALDSSON YNGLING, OLAF III OF NORWAY AND OLAF I OF ENGLAND, B. 3 JANUARY 1050, R. 15 AUGUST 1068- 27 FEBRUARY, 1117 (DEATH FROM OLD AGE)
4. Bitterness
5. ... But the Sword!
6. Magna Cum Traitor
7. Never-ending Battle
8. War and War
9. End of an Era
11. Best of Times
13. Merry Old Gwynedd
14. Triumphs
15. Virility, Murder, and a Blind Pope
16. The North is Conquered
17. The Will of God and the Will of Godwin(son)
18. Waiting for Godwin
20. A New Century and a New Destiny
21. The Reaping
SVERRE OLAFSSON YNGLING, SVERRE I OF NORWAY, R. 27 FEBRUARY, 1117- 13 OCTOBER 1118, D. 3 APRIL 1126:
23. A Sverre Problem
GUNNAR OLAFSON YNGLING, GUNNAR I 'THE FAT' OF NORWAY, R. 13 OCTOBER 1118-21 JULY 1136
24. Factions
25. After the Calm (first 80%)
ASLAK OLAFSSON YNGLING, ASLAK I OF NORWAY, R. 21 JULY 1136-24 APRIL 1138 (KILLED IN BATTLE AGAINST DUKE ÆTHELBEHORT OF CORNWALL)
25. After the Calm (last 20%)
26. Turning Point: Fall of Monarchy (first two paragraphs)
ERLEND ALFSSON YNGLING, ERLEND 'THE BEWITCHED' I OF NORWAY, R. 24 APRIL 1138-23 MAY 1162 (DIED OF ILLNESS)
26. Turning Point: Fall of Monarchy (all the rest)
27. Jorsalaborg
28. But We Shall All Be Changed (first two paragraphs)
ARNMOD ERLENSSON YNGLING, ARNMOD I 'THE FAT' OF JORSAL, THEN ARNMOD I OF NORWAY R. 23 MAY 1162-15 NOVEMBER 1164 (NORWAY) 7 OCTOBER 1170-22 JUNE 1202 (JORSAL SICILY) (DIED OF TOO MUCH FOOD)
28. But We Shall All Be Changed (the rest)
30. Rebirth of Olaf (before the asterisks)
OSSOR GUDBRANDSSON YNGLING, OSSOR I OF NORWAY, JORSAL, SICILY, AND ANGLAND R. 8 MAY 1193-3 OCTOBER 1229 (NORWAY), 22 JUNE 1202- 3 OCTOBER 1229 (JORSAL AND SICILY) 18 AUGUST 1219- 3 OCTOBER 1229 (ANGLAND)
30. Rebirth of Olaf (after the asterisks)
31. Bad Blood (before asterisks)
SVERRE OSSSORSSON YNGLING, SVERRE II OF NORWAY, SVERRE I OF ANGLAND, JORSAL, AND SICILY, R. 3 OCTOBER 1229-3 SEPTEMBER 1266 (DEATH OF HEARTBREAK)
31. Bad Blood (after asterisks)
33. Decline and Fall
36. The Tempest (the beginning)
OSSOR SVERRESSON YNGLING, OSSOR II OF NORWAY, ANGLAND, JORSAL, AND SICILY, R. 3 SEPTEMBER 1266- 25 FEBRUARY 1290 (NATURAL DEATH)
36. The Tempest (the middle)
ALV OSSORSSON YNGLING, ALV I OF NORWAY, ANGLAND, JORSAL, SICILY AND VALSHERLAND, R.19 DECEMBER, 1267- 25 JUNE 1315 (VALSHERLAND) 25 FEBRUARY 1290- 25 JUNE 1315 (DIED OF A STROKE) (NORWAY, ANGLAND, JORSAL, AND SICILY)
36. The Tempest (the end)
37. Toto Orbe Terrarum (first half)
HALDOR IVARSSON YNGLING, HALDOR I OF NORWAY, ANGLAND, JORSAL, SICILY, AND VALSHERLAND, R. 25 JUNE 1315- 9 SEPTEMBER 1325 (DIED OF A FEVER)
37. Toto Orbe Terrarum (BEGINNING OF SECOND HALF)
GUTTORM HALDORSSON YNGLING, GUTTORM I OF NORWAY, ANGLAND, JORSAL, SICILY, AND VALSHERLAND, R. 9 SEPTEMBER 1325-?
37. Toto Orbe Terrarum (THE REST)
INTERLUDES:
10. Meet the Authors
12. Party Poopers
19.The Eye of Magnus
22. Flashback!
29. The Dragon's Lair
32. Pro Mundo
34. The Apple's Voice

EXTRAS:
TALES OF THE NORSEOVERSE:
INTRODUCTION AND CONCEPT
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...14726607 TALE #1: DESPITE EVERYTHING (c.1295)
TALE #2 PART I: REVENGE OR REDEMPTION?
KONG ARNMOD: A TRAGEDY BY THE EXPERT HAND OF SIGURD ORMSLEV
ACT I
ACT II
ACT III
ACT IV
ACT V

And now, to begin:

A Saga without Heroes: Chapter 1: Harald and Harold

Excerpted by permission from A Saga without Heroes, by Erik Haraldsson, published by Nidaros University Press, ©2012
Used with permission from the author and publisher
-History is a saga without heroes, but with no lack of villains.

In the middle of September 1066, Harald Hardraada, famed for his cruelty and poetry, was perched between glorious affirmation of his prowess, and dismal failure that would curse him for the rest of his days.
update1003-1.jpg

The English lord Morcar of Northumbria was surprised by the Norwegian landing and was unable to prevent Harald's troops from laying siege to Morcar's capital at York. Eight thousand of Norway's best fighting men were concentrated around the city, preventing the earl's escape. No self-respecting lord subject to Harald was absent. Not his sons Olaf and Magnus, not the lords of Telemark, Agder, the famed Duke Paul of Orkney whose half-brother was king of Scotland. But Morcar was not despondent. Help was on the way.
Harold, king of England elected by the Witangaemot only eight months previously, had made his way from London to Leicester in days, picking up his army on the way. Now a host of over ten thousand, according to Morcar's agents, was assembled and expected to march to Morcar's aid within days. Nor was Morcar disappointed, Indeed, on September 15, Harold's army departed its camp near Leicester and began to march.
All well-informed men knew now that the inevitable battle might well decide the fate of England itself.

In the meantime, the royal steward, one Brynulf, decided to spend three hundred krones of the treasury's money on hiring, a band of mercenaries, ironically they were Saxons led by one Ethelweard of York.
update1005-1.jpg

The royal court, mainly the highborn ladies of Norway, at first berated him for what they thought was a reckless waste of royal funds, but with hindsight it was a move that may have saved many lives.

On the diplomacy front things went less well when a summons to war sent to Duke Gudrod of the Isles, son-in-law to King Harald, went refused.
update1006-1.jpg

The king would not forget this offense.

On 2 October, 1066, the Battle of York commenced. Arriving at a bluff overlooking the Norwegian camp, Harold raised the dragon banner of Wessex. He made it clear that this was personal. "A battle of Harolds!" one courtier joked. The rain of arrows commenced as the inexperienced fyrd of England ran down the hill, charging the Norwegians who had only minutes of warning.
It was not a good start, not offset at all by King Harald's incapacitation.
update1008-1.jpg

Last edited:
For the sheer ambition of your task, I'll definitely follow (at least up until Victoria I; I find it hard to follow games I don't own.)

Chapter 2:
All along Yorkshire

Transcript of A History of Britain, Episode 2: Conquest!, narrated by Simon Schamsson

Narrator: Now was the decisive moment. It is often said that these few minutes decided the fate of Britain, and it is not an exaggerated claim. The entire war was on a tipping point: The entire Norwegian army was encamped before the walls of York, and Olaf Haraldsson, heir to the throne, was now in command. Olaf was indeed a remarkable man even at this early age: Though he was unexpectedly thrust upon with the mantle of command (No one expected Hardraada out of the action for a moment), he coped with it with mettle worthy of a Viking. But that legacy needed to be lived up to, and Olaf's situation was indeed dire. The Norwegian morale was weakened by the sudden cries of assault, and Harald's incapacitation would definitely destroy morale and along with it Harald's dream of following in the footsteps of Canute. What followed was one of the greatest spur-of-the-moment deceptions in British history: Harald's comatose body was taken from his tent and mounted on one of Olaf's spare horses, propped up by thin wooden sticks that would not be visible from a distance. This was a very great risk: If Harald was killed, Olaf would never be able to inherit the crown if everyone knew he had killed his father. But fortune favors the bold, because if it doesn't, they are not bold, but foolish. Inspired by their unwitting king, the Norwegians rallied and attacked Harold's left flank.

(On screen, this is played out and as the Narrator fades out the Norwegian troops run up the hill. They are pelted with arrows and a few fall.)

Narrator: The bold gambit worked as the Saxon left flank, unready for battle as they had instead been planning their looting of the Norwegian camp following an easy victory gained by the fyrd, shattered under the axes of the Norwegians. The cry of 'Drepe Englesk! Kong Harald!' inspired fear in Harold's army. The banner of Wessex was cut down and bloodied as Harold withdrew.
But the duel of Haralds was not over.
update1009-1.jpg

(fade to black; commercial break).

Excerpted from Eric Haraldsson, A Saga without Heroes, Nidaros University Press 2012,
Used with permission from the author.

The battle of York was a defining moment for the young heir to the throne. Magically, his detractors in Orkney and Iceland fell silent as the Prince Regent assumed command and continued the siege of the now-disillusioned defenders of York. Harald, still in a coma and showing no signs of recovery, was shipped to Nidaros to try and emerge from his incapacitation. Within a month of the battle York had fallen and St. Peter's cathedral was besieged. But the mercenaries had not yet arrived to supplement Olaf's force. Many men had fallen and Olaf only had about four-and-a-half thousand men in England.
And they were all alone, with Olaf's new brother-in-law the King of Sweden facing internal problems had been the newest relative by marriage to betray the Ynglings, and other Norsemen had also claimed the English crown. And their leader was a bastard...
update1020.jpg

A bleak Christmas for all on that unhappy island, indeed.

Chapter 3:
An Island of Ghosts
Excerpted by permission from the historical fiction Son of the Raven, by Gudrod Einarsson
Olaf stood at the gate of Castle Furness, waiting for the sign. His aching muscles told him that he had been doing this far too often in a far too short period of time. At least he wasn't alone. Or so he told himself. True, he had four thousand men at his command, doing his bidding without question or defiance, and indeed a scion of a lesser family would have been content. But the walls of Furness stared down at him, mocking his failure. In all fairness Olaf was far from a failure: In fact, over the last year and a half he had not been defeated twice since that day at York where the bane of the unproven general, seemingly inevitable defeat, had looked him in the eye but had failed to frighten him. But if he could not be frightened, he could be bogged down. Murmurs of disaffection and fatigue had been echoing in the camp for the last two months or so, and each time an assault on a fortified position was ordered many men fingered crosses and chanted Bible verses. Though no one knew this yet, when they returned home they would start a revolution. But in the meantime Furness mocked the heir of Yngling, and a true Norseman, Christian or pagan never turned the other cheek. "Attack, and spare none the sword!" he cried. For his father. For the family. FOR NORWAY!

In the wreckage of Castle Furness, Olaf wallowed in a heady mixture of repressed fear and triumph. The defense of Furness had lasted no longer
than two hours or so. Edwin, the Earl of Lancaster had fled Chester some days before to seek safety, which was probably the most scarce resource in England at the time. The most plentiful, however, was fear. Fear of the invaders, fear of enemy troops, fear of being felled by an arrow just before a castle falls to your army. Fear of a dagger in your back sent by the rival claimant. The people of England no longer cared whose behind mounted the throne in Winchester, only that whoever did would keep them safe. But safety was irrelevant to a Norseman, though Olaf gloried in the safety he had stolen from Furness. Furness was not all that special, just the latest in an exceedingly long list of towns burned and/or conquered by the Norsemen or their kin, the Normans of the French-speaking northern coast of France, led by their Duke William whose chroniclers would later write that old King Edward of England had promised him the throne after his death. For all the bravado and fearlessness worthy of Hardrada's son that Olaf had displayed, William was probably the one man whom he feared. William's army had avoided the decimation Olaf's had after the battle of York due to Harold's only effective army's destruction at that battle, and indeed London, which was emerging as a city more important than Winchester, the ancestral seat of the Kings of England was occupied by him.
Olaf wanted to cringe at that thought, but he knew he mustn't. The looting men would see him and disregard his authority. And then the rider came.

Like a Horseman of the Apocalypse, he rode. And like that horseman, he bore doom. For a very select group of people it was joyous news, but for the inhabitants and rulers and even the invaders from across the Channel it was a final message of Job. He bore the arms of England, a dragon.
But dragons were made to be slain, were they not? The rider thought nothing of this as he approached his destination. He had been provided with a description of Olaf Yngling, and indeed he was a towering man looking like a giant out of the old tales of Jotunheim and the frost-giants. He called to him. "Olaf Yngling! I bear a message from my lord, the king of England!" Perhaps it was the last time anyone would call his master King of England.
And what did the message contain?
Well, I think you know already, even though Olaf was probably an illiterate warlord.
update1045.jpg

The rage of Duke William of Normandy, called behind his back 'the Bastard' would be legend in later years. When he heard of Olaf's coronation as King of England and Regent of Norway, he turned red like the flames of a furnace and it was unquenchable. He broke his tools and almost his sword was shattered on his knee, he woke the entire district of Westcheap with his shouts, and his 'Curia Regis' which he had pompously appointed as if he were king already shrank under their lord's fury.
But there was one solemn pledge he made:
Norman and Norseman would never, ever, be friends.

@Avindian, danasher, and Sergei Meranov: Thank you, I can assure you that you will be following me on a long and very interesting journey...Now, as a reward for your comments and views, here's the update you've been waiting for. (There will probably be no updates on Mondays because I finish school at 7:30 PM (My timezone is GMT +3), but if the stupid enrichment program that causes me to finish late gets canceled, you may yet be pleasantly surprised....)
Chapter 4: Bitterness

Excerpted from the historical fiction Son of the Raven, by Gudrod Einarsson

Frankly, ruling two lands was a rather big job. You may think ruling one land would be bad enough, but as he lay down to rest in his suite in Westminster Palace, Olaf Haraldsson Yngling could think of nothing more than rest. Was it the crown that disturbed his sleep? No, at least not its weight. He knew what his father's face would look like seeing his son with a crown on his head. If it hadn't been for the arrow that had rendered him comatose. Does he see anything anymore? the younger Yngling asked himself. His comatose father,though, wouldn't mind. But as much as the head garment of gold pressed his head when he wore it, there was something that was even more pressing. His vassals. Would the decision to let Harold Godwinson keep his lands and even a few more titles granted to him to ensure his loyalty prove to be wise? He felt decidedly un-Yngling with these thoughts. But they troubled him no more as his chiseled features sunk into the pillow.

Excerpted from A Saga without Heroes, by Erik Haraldsson, Nidaros University Press 2012.
Used with permission.
On New Year's Day, 1068, Olaf, declaring that his father was comatose and thus unfit to be crowned even in name, was crowned King of England by Archbishop Stigand of Canterbury. Stigand, being an opportunist who cared very little for the identity or ethnicity of his liege, came under fire for performing the ceremony as if Olaf were a legitimate English ruler. Stigand famously replied: "English or not, he's got a sword." Cowardice accusations failed to faze the Archbishop. But cowardice was not a mark of a Godwinson. The Godwinson patriarch, bitterly deposed King Harold had been allowed to keep Bedford and had been given more lands by Olaf to ensure his loyalty, along with the Hwicce brothers, Morcar and Edwin, who hated Olaf bitterly. In fact, 'bitter' is a word that could accurately describe the situation in England as 1067 gave way to 1068. Bitter the dispossessed ruling class, replaced with Norwegian imports. Bitter the people impoverished and decreased by the Conquest. And bitterest of all was the winter, with snows covering large tracts of the land for days on end. Many clergymen, those not replaced by Norsemen, in private said it was the bitter indeed wrath of God for turning out the rightful king. Things were not helped when Olaf sought to increase the Crown's hold on authority. Although it was ratified by a large majority, the loyalty of the lords who had voted against it dropped considerably.All through the first half of that first year of Anglo-Norwegian union, a facade of stability and loyalty was maintained by Olaf who remained in England while the steward tended to his comatose father. Would have Hardrada, sometimes known as 'the last Viking' been proud of his son?No one ever knew when the unwitting hero of the battle of York breathed his last on the ides of August.
update1064.jpg

Short update (see how I'm leaning to the narrative side) due to my sibling's tyranny.Tune in for the next chapter (hopefully tomorrow) as Olaf deals with the curse of liegehood...

Last edited:
And so, to compensate for the short update, a new chapter cometh!
Just one thing: Once I get close to finishing EU3, I will probably have to buy Vic2 and consequentially also HoI3.
Why? Because there is a EU3 to Victoria Revolutions converter, but it was made for HTTT and so will probably not work with the EU3 Chronicles I have. If someone knows how to convert DW to Ricky, could you PM me?

And without further ado, the misery of King Olaf III begins!

Chapter 5: ...But the Sword!
Excerpted from
A Saga without Heroes, by Erik Haraldsson, ©2012 Nidaros University Press.
Used with permission from the author and publisher.
As the summer of 1068 pressed on, Olaf wasted no time in setting up his new regime. A bride was needed to provide heirs, and so a contract was signed with King Svend of Denmark, betrothing the young Yngling to Ingerid, a bastard daughter of the Danish monarch who would come of age in January 1069.
update1065.jpg

Some bereaved people who had lost friends or relatives in the war for England muttered about the Danish treachery in not honoring the alliance they had with King Harald, but Olaf reasoned that this marriage would strengthen the alliance further.

As idyllic as this portrait of the Yngling realm as a nice place to live free from war, it could not last for any great length of time. The scars of the Norwegian Conquest had barely begun to heal, and soon the scars festered....
update1070.jpg

Excerpted from Cain by Magnus Nidarik, ©2011 Little Wing Press.
Used with permission from the author and publisher.

He glided up the halls, strangely shivering in the heat of September. Though it rained outside, that was not what bothered him. In his homeland it was usually far worse in terms of weather. No, it was what he was about to do that discomforted him. He found the door, a rotting wooden affair. Opening it, he beheld his co-conspirators. One was bearing red stripes on a gold banner. Another wore the three lions of England under a blue stripe. And another bore three stars on black. All had pledged to support him. "Is everything ready?" the one with the red stripes asked. "Aye, ready as I'll ever be." said the Norwegian. There was muttering as they discussed their plan. He looked nervously from man to man as the plotters spoke. Finally the triple-starred one spoke. "All hail Magnus, King in England!"

update1072.jpg

I love mega-campaigns!I was planning to do a mega-campaign aar but then again i didn't have time.I am interested in seeing victoria revolutions since i have never ever played it.I hope you win :)
IMO you should leave norway to a random duke and move to england once all the nasty modifiers that reduce your troops leave :p

@Sergei Meranov Well, Paul of Orkney loves me except that he favors himself in the Norwegian elections so maybe i'll vote for him and let Norway go its own way (as in Estonianzulu's The Norse Kings of England), but then I'll have to ask a mod to change the thread title.
In any case, Norway is pretty calm, but England is a boiling cauldron of evil 'short reign' modlifiers...
@videonfan (haunting averted), As I said, unless I find a way to convert DW to Ricky, I'll have to get Vic2 (are the converters for AHD or is there a working converter for vanilla Vic2? Also, is there a converter for Vic2 to any version of HoI3?)
@All readers:
A new chapter is forthcoming, stay tuned to this thread for more rebellion and fraternal struggle!

Chapter 6: Manga Cum Traitor
Excerpted from A Saga without Heroes, by Erik Haraldsson, ©2012 Nidaros University Press
Used with permission.

As September 1068 wore on, England went up in flames. The twin rebellions by the brother Hwicce shocked Olaf into action. Rushing from his court in Norway, he quickly hired the services of the Saxon Band, now under new leadership.
update1074.jpg

From the court messengers spread out all across Norway and England, even to Orkney and Shetland. And as they froze in the northern seas, or were savoring the last weeks of warmth in England, they all bore one message: King Olaf needs your troops.

Mostly the royal pleas, hidden in grandiose statements of mastery were answered favorably, and indeed, three months later in the first clash at Bristol on the fourth day of the new year, the royal troops were triumphant against Edwin's army.
update1077.jpg

4 days later, King Olaf sent a rider to Denmark.
Norway was to have a new queen.
update1078.jpg

As the wars plodded on as the royal army froze to death before the walls of Hereford,
update1080.jpg

the Spymaster's report was not encouraging.
update1081.jpg

And indeed, in April the first Godwinson Rebellion began,
update1083.jpg

followed closely by the second one.
update1084.jpg

Bleak? Indeed, bleak was the word for Olaf's situation in the first half of 1069.

Excerpted from Cain by Magnus Nidarik, ©2011 Little Wing Press
Used with permission.
The banner of Lancaster fluttered gently in the April wind. So far things had gone mostly according to plan. The two younger land-holding Godwinsons had already rebelled, with Harold expected to follow shortly. Now he stood on a grassy knoll, overlooking the coming storm.
This would be the decisive battle. Indeed, the commanders had pitched it as such to the men now assembled on the knoll. In his hands he held the raven banner of Norway; It was clear the battle was not only for the fate of England. Now the shouts began. "We have here the rightful king! We have here the man that is the righetous! They are evil, they are servile, they are stupid! You, not your sons or fathers, you who are assembled here will see God's justice be done! Let us perform it!"
And so, shouting 'Deus Vult' as if they were on a righteous crusade, they charged down the hill, and silently, he repeated to himself: 'Drepe Englesk, Drepe Englesk.'
England was a sore pain in the behind.

Later, he straggled across the plain. Where had they gone wrong? Their momentum seemed unstoppable, their soldiers brave with the knowledge that God was with them for they fought for the rightful king. Perhaps God was deaf like Baal to his priests on Mount Carmel? Magnus didn't know. He stumbled across a dead body, almost unrecognizable. His lips seemed to form a prayer for salvation. Perhaps he was saved now in heaven? Again, Magnus didn't know. He then came across some who were alive. They were talking to each other, a rather disturbing sight among all the bodies and devastation. One, a blond giant with a small stubbly beard, said: "Who cares we lost the war?
update1085.jpg

Not me, that's for sure."
The second, short with a long beard, said: "So it's back to old Trond we go?"
"Aye," replied the first man, "and let God take care of this Godforsaken land."
He smiled at his joke, noticing Magnus.
Sensing this, Magnus said: "How are you getting back to Trondelag?"
Eyeing his fellow Norseman suspiciously, the blond man said:" I've got a boat waiting for me in Norfolk. Why? What does a bum like you have to do in Trondelag?"
Confidently, Magnus said: "I have a brother there. I need to talk to him."
He smiled, contrasting against the tragic scene if anyone other than God beheld it.

Last edited:
Dont worry i'm still following!
Thanks, prepare to have your loyalty rewarded with an epic chapter coming today or tomorrow, so stay tuned!

I also follow,just my take getting bombarded

I also follow,just my take getting bombarded
Truly? So you wish for a delay?
Very well, perhaps I shall devote more time for the next chapter than planned, it's just that I kinda feared that if I didn't post for a while views would drop off as the thread drops to the bottom of the page. But perhaps one can have too much of a good thing.

No,just don't worry too much if your followers don't post,it's just sometimes that many are lurkers or don't have times to post