• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(168615)

Second Lieutenant
3 Badges
Sep 24, 2009
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
Hello,
maybe someone who finished his first session(s) can tell me if there is any after game ending screen / statistics or accumulated points for the whole match ?

Would like to have this so having an own ladder where I can see how I did each time compared to previous games....

No there's not. Nothing. Only video clarifing your awesomness. I was surprised. And then they show you credits like "You've completed the game! Now forget about it and do something useful!"

That´s really a letdown and maybe adressed by a patch.

If I remember correctly, MoM had such a statistic and own ladder for yourself. Would like to see how many units fell to my swords, how many spells I cast, how gold I had etc. etc. !

Many potential here.....

That´s really a letdown and maybe adressed by a patch.

If I remember correctly, MoM had such a statistic and own ladder for yourself. Would like to see how many units fell to my swords, how many spells I cast, how gold I had etc. etc. !

Right. Cool statistics give you sense of accomplishment. I remember RPGs like Fallout New Vegas or Fable 3 told you various things in loading screens like "People befriended" or "Deathclaws killed". Great feature.

I agree that the game needs a detailed ending, stats and a progress map would be cool (a map that shows your spread through the world over the years).

Honestly the game could do with stats in general though, there is no ledger at all in it. Being able to view city and unit lists would be nice for this type of game. Normally in similar ones I spend alot of time pondering statistics, browsing the state of my empire and often just enjoying viewing things. With Warlock, I repeatedly after to realize that there is nothing to click (apart from cities) and get back to the buisness of moving/attacking with my units.

Its a great game, but the interface is strangely minimalistic.

Warlock is a load of fun, but 4x games should always have a classic Civ-style ending. There should be a bunch of charts with statistics over time for you and your enemies. There should be a "moving map," showing your conquests over time. There should also be some sort of statistics available during the game, although less in-depth.

To be clear, it's not just Warlock that is missing this basic stuff. Civ 5 has almost none of it (insanity!), and Paradox's grand strategy games have offered very little on this front as well. I don't get it. I LOVED this stuff with practically all the Civ games, but now that whole essence of presentation seems to be fading. I don't feel as much like a conqueror when it's just, "Hey, it's over... go pay your taxes or something."

End statistics will be added. We are working on it. Thanks for helping prioritise :)

Oh my lord, thank God! Honestly, after beating it twice, I felt sort of empty both times. I feel like a proper wrap-up is a major part of this kind of game. Unfortunately, despite years of bitching, Civ 5 still lacks this feature.. (and, yes, Civilization basically originated this feature to begin with!)

I will buy this game with end game statistics. You really need a score to have something to compete against. I mean AI will be at the same levels allways, the one improving or trying to improve is yourself. Without a score you dont feel any sense of acomplishment. I feel this is often a lacking feature of paradox games.

I could not wait so i bought Warlock even no high score screen. I dont regret it great game. But really wish for a high score... would add so much to the replayability of the game and really add value and make it a classic game.