• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I tried to form the Empire of Mali however the game was glitched and it said I could not create the title even when I had the gold, piety and had the required two kingdom titles (Mali and Mauritania)
so I had to do go the long way and reform the Norse faith (Which took forever), wait for the Tulunids to collapse in on themselves and then Great Holy War Egypt and then Abyssinia.

No idea why it didn't work, might just be my game or something.

I tried to form the Empire of Mali however the game was glitched and it said I could not create the title even when I had the gold, piety and had the required two kingdom titles (Mali and Mauritania)
so I had to do go the long way and reform the Norse faith (Which took forever), wait for the Tulunids to collapse in on themselves and then Great Holy War Egypt and then Abyssinia.

No idea why it didn't work, might just be my game or something.

ah, makes sense... did you grab Zeeland + Sjaelland + Naumadal to reform, or fully expand into Scandinavia (can't tell from the screenshot)?

I'm thinking about starting over but instead going Norse/West African and reforming that, just because I've never played West African... but that Norse coastal county CB is so good, don't want to give it up

By the time I needed to rebuild the Norse faith to take Egypt (And stop the endless wave of Mauritanian liberation attempts) Scandinavia was in its "Turning to Christianity"
phase. This was both good for me (Gave me easy conquest openings for the holy places and when Christian rebels appeared I attacked them too) and bad (Norse moral authority was at 15%-20% for most of the game). Taking Zeeland was impossible as the HRE was an uberpower with 60,000+ soldiers at the time and I only had 17,000 (Plus the HRE was strangely unified, it didn't and hasn't had many civil wars for the last few centuries)

I was mostly able to reform the faith with pure luck, careful exploitation of Christianities weaknesses and the Caliph's incompetence. First I took the three holy places in Scandinavia, then won a defensive war against a (HORRIBLY PLANNED) Sunni jihad (It was basically them constantly sending waves of 2000-5000 men into my 17,000 stack) followed by two random Norse adventurers somehow capturing Barcelona off the uber-powered Kingdom of France (This indirectly caused France's eventual fall and being swalled by uber-powerful Asturias) and Thrace off the weakened Brittany-controlled Kingdom of Greece. From this the moral authority was at 44%, I then mass invaded every single Irish county at once and got the moral authority to 50%. Religion reformed.

It is Historical Immersion Project, specifically SWHM for the map. It sadly doesn't include India, and takes a bit of time to get used to. But I honestly couldn't play without it now.

Didn't they say they were working on expanding the map into India?

I also started with Haestein.

Nantes > Marrakech > Mali > Mali/Egypt/Nubia/Abyssinia > Empire of Abyssinia

Nantese > Sardinia > Krete > Nubia > Modern day Somalia > Oman > Anywhere in India
Best Norse game I've ever had, though my Norse conquests of Africa have been fun as well (especially one where I played as Norse Anglo-Saxons to see if prepared invasions made a province Anglo-Saxon. It did.)

Yes and no. SWMH is adding India to their map, but only Northern India, essentially the Punjab and those other areas that had historical interaction with Islam and/or Alexander the Great.

Dass lame. :p

Ck2_33.png

Current game playing as Emperor Brian Leanbh Dearg of Níos mó Éire, son of Finn III, High King of Éire, Cymru and Lloegyr. Having an absolute blast. Sadly my wife, the Queen of Brittany died giving birth to our daughter, so i'm trying to keep her on her throne as a one year old so she can one day bring the celts of Brittany into the fold.

Another awesome development was the Catholic church falling apart, so we became Fraticelli, and since I briefly held Roma, which allowed me to create the Fraticelli Papacy. Conveniently given to my uncle, keeping it in the family. We even had a Fraticelli crusade for Lombardia. Such an awesome game so far.

What parts of HIP do you use when it asks you during the install? Last time I did it some of the names seemed silly to me (despite perhaps being accurate?) like Engellond among others. I do like the idea of the Irish Empire though.

What parts of HIP do you use when it asks you during the install? Last time I did it some of the names seemed silly to me (despite perhaps being accurate?) like Engellond among others. I do like the idea of the Irish Empire though.

I speak Irish, and simply created my own titles. I believe the Gaelic Empire of Britannia was called Bhreatain, which I thought was silly as an Irishman would never call their land after a whole other island. I use all of HIP except VIET and localisation titles.

Continuing on from my britannia game where I own europe and scandivia except france and spain side, in the end it seems having a possesed ruler for 73 years doesn't do well for religion :p At least i managed to keep revolts down. And I established the fratelli pope in rome. The catholic pope still hiding in a church in a england somewhere, a legacy of my anti pope shinigans from an ancestor (i.e crusades were a silly thing for him to do as he was right in the heartlands of my empire)

86F23FFA5EE9A2AA090A111B6EB0A6B92E43C67F

I married the byzantine emperor though. Our son inherited the byzantine empire but died young before the possed ruler of britannia died. He eventually died but luckily the claim on the byzantine empire remained. I rightfully declared war and the largest scale conflict in the world between britannia and byzantine took place. Result was the unification of the two largest empires in europe.

951CAC75E25CDB5D00208515A3490574E3A0A512

Now i have to decide if i get rid of one of my empire titles or not. Keep byzantine form rome, keep brittania, keep both and risk byzantium getting lost if i can't get it switched to elective. Byzantium is gravel kind so i have to rule 10 years before i can disband it.

Last edited:
ck2_map_3_zps8ee0678c.png

Started as Wessex in 867. From there I took the rest of the British Isles, then France -> Central EU -> Italy -> ERE. After that I worked on restoring Roman borders. Along the way I helped the AI create Israel, Russia and Zoroastrian Persia. I gave the Nestorians Arabia, but they were stuck on 20% moral authority the whole time. One thing led to another and Messalianism took that over. The game was getting slow and a bit buggy (Long game, over multiple patches) so I figured it was time to throw in the towel and convert this sucker to EUIV. A converted Roman Empire is way too easy (and boring) for EUIV, so I switched to the Holy Roman Empire as my primary title and gave away all the kingdom level titles to vassals to create an interesting EUIV scenario.

Now some extra pics! :)

Religions:
ck2_map_4_zps3d9b5685.png

EUIV Conversion:
800x600.resizedimage

EUIV Holy Roman Empire:
800x600.resizedimage

lol that France is going to stomp the german minors hard since it's in the HRE, no protection for the lil guys

so I switched to the Holy Roman Empire as my primary title and gave away all the kingdom level titles to vassals to create an interesting EUIV scenario.
Oh, bravo, well played.

This is my ironman Aragon (Hispania now) game a few years after I send the Aztecs (and their massive army of 170.000) back to the sea before they conquered any land at all! ^^
iBDz4DY.jpg

XfjSMKJ.png

I holy warred my way through Iberia and after finishing the reqonquista I slowly claimed my relatives kingdoms. My expansion trough France was made possible by the sudden appearance of a Cathar France and Aquitaine (yes, separate). Which also made my acquisition of the Portuguese lands a bit harder as they took some land there as well. The dots of land are just some small independent states that emerged and I got claims on their lands. A successful crusade against France saw the kingdom go to the knights templar even though i had 84% war contribution... but it soon revolted and i could take it! Another successful crusade saw Jerusalem go to Hungary and Lithuania go to me. Just after this the Aztecs landed in Aquitaine and after 3 or so years of feinting, poking, bitter defeats due to cowardly allies and some good victories I could finally start the stack-on-stack doom fights - which i won! After this I had a couple of peaceful years followed by my war to take the throne of Norway - or that is, support my heir who tried to press my claim. So now the year is 1265 and this is the state of the world!
FxJf8oA.jpg

And here is the reach of my dynasti! The Holy Roman Empire was also under Jimena rule, but after two emperors a Salian was put back, but he was in a matrilenial marriage with a woman of the present ruling dynasti..

Last edited:
I speak Irish, and simply created my own titles. I believe the Gaelic Empire of Britannia was called Bhreatain, which I thought was silly as an Irishman would never call their land after a whole other island. I use all of HIP except VIET and localisation titles.
By created your own titles do you mean in the files or by changing the name in the Customization DLC? Did you create Britannia and rename it?

By created your own titles do you mean in the files or by changing the name in the Customization DLC? Did you create Britannia and rename it?

Customization DLC, I created Britannia and renamed it Níos mó Éire, or simply, Greater Ireland.

Empire of Croatia
ck2_map_1.jpg

short story of how it all happened , the link to my steam profile with pictures from this game is at the end for those who want to see rather than read xD

I started as a simple count of zachlumia, there were 2 things why i didnt play ironman game with this is that 1st it becomes so slow at the end i would rather cut my veins and bleed to death(half year saves by the end were 20-30 seconds long) 2nd cause i wanted to make my own dynasty of Jurcola( khm khm its not my real surname trust me).Also a minor note is that i don't own rajas of india dlc.
Anyway i managed to form Croatian kingdom and I had to survive by joining the byzantine empire and for next 100 years in high authority of byzantine empire i spread out my dynasty by Fu...., marrying and ofcourse the most popular of them all Inbreeding and never did I get the inbreed trait on any of my heirs :D.
In that time I got really lucky by getting crusade on hungary and of course being the bastard that i am i just raised all of my troops and sieged as many provinces as I could so i won that crusade and I managed to get whole Hungary for myself and my dynasty which started to grow faster and faster.

In the meantime byzantine empire was conquering around and slowly i started making preparations I also holy warred for bulgaria and wallachia,had dejure of serbia(was still lacking duchy of rashka and duchy of dalmatia from croatia since it was high authority). This was by far one of the most interesting periods of the game cause I still wasnt a megablob i was but a simple blob who could still get crushed if not careful I did however had dynasties in denmark and france.

So with cunning waiting game I waited and managed to lower crown authority and this is when funny stuff happend, because the emperor refused and when we went to war he imediatly said i give up so i lowered it that way twice might be buggy ai or something, anyway managed to get full de jure of south slavs and then i went for independence and same thing happend he refused and basicly accepted once i raised all of my armies. Keep in mind all of this was happening without and save scumming cause i was trying to play this like ironman game which was really interesting.

From this point onward the game started becoming boring since it was holy wars in the today russia and waiting game for mongols and aztecs. In the meantime i managed to grab myself a crusade for france cause my dynasty there went heretic. In the meantime aztecs lost all holdings and there was a crusade on them which I won and somehow scotland which was held by my dynasty before aztec conquered didnt go to me but rather to some dude that was from my dynasty which was kinda crappy but nvm.

Since then there was nothing rly interesting except my battle with golden horde which ofcourse i won but it was rly rly heavy battle since we all know with what mongols arrive(if you want to look how bit it was just check my steam grid of ck2), since then i basicly conqured everything in the east. Also i managed to scum Italy with a dynasty marriage and inherit it + Italy holdings in south Iberia. around this time last of byzantine provinces were conqured and it finnaly got destroyed by me( i was conquering it county by county... so annoying to wage war like that + arabs and illkhanate did the rest with their jihads and holy wars.

So it was around 1300 that i managed to border India finnaly which was totaly not my plan, and then my friends told me go conqur India which i started, the main problem here was that i couldnt get pope to call a crusade for me on them no matter how I tried( i had free investiture and allthough those +++ did and i had dynasty on papacy it never went throu which was kinda dissapointing), so I warred duchy by duchy by duchy, some assasinations here made sure they rebbelled and warred till the end of the game, also i went and conquered half of persia from illkhanate since i had to wait for truce penalties to dissapear. And this is what was happening since the end of byzantine empire for 150 years or so. And the most annoying thing in all that were rebells of 4k troops spawning all over the empire. For the end since i wanted to convert this to EU4 i did a tiny mod and created a titular title of croatian empire with eagle of HRE. The game is already converted I only need to mod in ideas in eu4 for croatian empire and im gonna make them so they are in tune with this ahistorical history blob i made.

Sorry for wall of text

Picture grid from steam
It starts from the picture called "well" on 2nd page of the grid with funny amount of daughters:D

Last edited:
My Realm:

8670ADA3D8DD4501C9F3CF83B5FB69BCD2DFCC45

9C88AEE45C5528D0D7438CF805B8029B7D7A67CB

My empire is the second most powerful realm in game (only Byzantium is more powerful). My dynasty rules most of kingdoms in Europe and because ofthat most of kingdoms are orthodox in Europe (King of Bavaria is only king of my dynasty who is catholic).

I started this game as the Abbasid Caliph of Baghdad and finished* as the Padashah of Arabia, Persia, and Rajastan. My only rival is Byzantium, which merged with the HRE early in the game. I only pushed them out of Damascus and invaded Greece during the game's final century.

olY56xp.png

8wsgFJg.png

*Actually, I didn't end the game with this huge empire. I decided to go for the Decedent Warrior achievement and deliberately let my decadence spike. The anticipated revolt came in with 1.1 attrition proof soldiers. Needless to say, my empire went the way of the dodo shortly after the above screenshots were taken.

g98Buwz.png