• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why?If Germany don't make war if they lose His Siberia,why the Kaiser Will cares about Ukraine?

Because, as I've explained in the update, occupying Russia was costly for them and it distracted them from the rivalry with the League of Nations and the war with Britain. If they'd gone to war with the Soviets over Russia then they would have ended up in another long, brutal war, at a time when the German people were already tired of war and when the German government was already facing a massive bill for world war two. But by giving it up they were able to guarantee peace and remove the threat to their eastern flank.

On the other hand, if the Soviets were to get Ukrainian Russia then they'd be in a position to become too strong for the Germans to be able to beat in a war - so it would be a matter of national survival to declare war if the Soviets invaded Ukraine so as to wipe out the Soviets while they were still able to do so. And the Soviets know this so they won't invade as long as Germany is stronger than them.

And Ukraine is able to hold onto the territory it has because they don't have to worry about a war in the west, unlike Germany which does have to worry about a war in the west.

in this case germany and ukraine make perfect allies. they don't have claims on each other and both are strong enough to take care of one side of the front. BTW what is the IC of ukraine?

I also imagine the Soviets are more popular with the Siberian peasant subject to ad-hoc inspections by the 'local' German garrison than with a Ukrainian citizen subject to a more or less legitimate national government. Its a lot easier for the German Army to support Ukraine in a conventional war of defence than to battle partisans across a few thousands miles of ground.

As a heads up, I'm currently working like mad to finish off an interim report on my dissertation which is due in on Tuesday. So, while I hope to write an update as soon as I've handed my report in, I won't be able to do one before Tuesday. Sorry for the wait.

in this case germany and ukraine make perfect allies. they don't have claims on each other and both are strong enough to take care of one side of the front. BTW what is the IC of ukraine?

Over 9000

in this case germany and ukraine make perfect allies. They don't have claims on each other and both are strong enough to take care of one side of the front. Btw what is the ic of ukraine?

69 ic

Aaaaaaand my report has just been handed in. I'm going out tonight as well but I'm pretty confident I'll be able to squeeze in time to write a long overdue update :)

Love the aar so far! Sad to see Portsmouth obliterated, but Vive Le Royaume-Uni! Liberate the United Kingdom from its communist oppressors and restore it to its former glory.

Are you going to Liberate Sweden, Norway and Finland from the soviet union and return them to glory as well.

Love the aar so far! Sad to see Portsmouth obliterated, but Vive Le Royaume-Uni! Liberate the United Kingdom from its communist oppressors and restore it to its former glory.

Are you going to Liberate Sweden, Norway and Finland from the soviet union and return them to glory as well.

Or let's just annex the UK and Ireland (and also Iberia). After all, the French once ruled England through William of Normandy, and the Bourbons rule Spain.

Or let's just annex the UK and Ireland (and also Iberia). After all, the French once ruled England through William of Normandy, and the Bourbons rule Spain.

The English also owned like half of France... Once. I would of released the UK as a country, Then Attack the soviets to free Sweden, Norway and Finland creating an alliance base across Northern Europe, then attack the Germans. If i was playing, but im not.

Gah. Sorry for the delay guys but...

In the Balance

Throughout the first few months of 1947 the Battle for Britain hung in the balance. For, despite ferocious fighting, the balance of forces in Britain stood on a knife edge.

With no convoys being able to supply the Northern Zone, almost a third of the French army risked being trapped in an enormous pocket. The cold winter, one of the harshest in decades, had drained their supplies and both food, fuel and ammunition were being strictly rationed. It was obvious to the French high command that, without resupply soon, the British noose would slowly tighten around the Northern Zone until the French forces were forced to surrender - a surrender that would surely seal the fate of the French invasion forces throughout Britain.

Still unable to resupply the Northern Zone with ships due to the winter storms, Mer and Dentz were ordered to throw all the supplies they had into an offensive to the south, out of Lincolnshire and towards Peterborough and Derby to put pressure on the British defences to the north of Oxford.

screensave428.jpg

However French intelligence reports also showed that there were still upwards of ninety divisions defending the British Isles - even if Oxford were to fall the French invasion force would still be outnumbered three to two.

screensave429.jpg

And proof that this threat was a real one came when the French soldiers dug into northern Yorkshire found themselves under attack by a British offensive out of Cumberland. While the attack was eventually beaten back, it left the French divisions severely weakened both through the exhaustion of the soldiers and of their fuel supplies.

screensave430.jpg

Some good news came for the French at the end of January as more merchant vessels left dry dock and came into use to ferry supplies to the invasion force in Britain. However, it remained the case that none of the convoys was yet capable of reaching the Northern Zone.

screensave434.jpg

Nevertheless, the battle for Oxford raged on with French overrunning the village of Abingdon just south of Oxford and forcing the British back to defensive lines on the southern edge of the city as morale and fighting spirit amongst the defenders plummeted in the face of limited rations and the never-ceasing French attacks. Coupled with French forces from the north reaching Northampton, it was clear that it was only a matter of time before the British would have to fold.

screensave435.jpg

But within the Northern Zone itself things took a turn for the worse as French forces around Manchester came under attack from the south and being forced to retreat several miles before the British offensive was halted. Almost out of supplies, the northern French forces were in mortal peril.

screensave440.jpg

When a further British offensive began, it was clear that Manchester could not be held and French commanders braced themselves for the worst - only to be saved at the last moment by the arrival of a hastily scraped together relief force in Liverpool docks, a relief force that was sufficient to plug the gaps in the French line and which brought with them much needed supplies.

screensave443.jpg

This marked the turning point in Britain. With the Northern Zone temporarily reprieved, a final offensive was launched against the British, overrunning Northampton from the north and Oxford from the south with the victorious French meeting at the small town of Bletchley - a town later to be subsumed by the post-war development of Milton Keynes.

screensave445.jpg

With the fall of these towns it was now possible for supplies from Oxford to be transferred by rail to Bletchley and then by canal to Northampton from whence they could once again be conveyed by rail to Lincoln and Manchester. While convoluted, this meant that supply lines to the Northern Zone were now open even as the Northern Zone itself became subsumed into general French-occupied Britain while the Union of Britain itself was now divided into three.

Status
Not open for further replies.