• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Limith

Modding for Myself
18 Badges
Apr 7, 2010
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Rome Gold
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
[DEAD]Code Geass: The Oriental Incident

This mod is now dead and will never be released.

Last edited:
There's some kind of line error in the "light_armor.txt" file that causes a CTD upon launching. (Nice load screen, BTW.)

My copy of DH is a Steam copy, v1.00.

Mod was extracted and installed into the Mods directory within program files\steam\steamapps\common\darkest hour a hoi game.

savedebug.txt as follows

Code:
 DirectDraw object created About to Initialize video!

Setting Mode.
Mode Set.
Video Initialized!

Backbuffer cleared

Fonts Initialized!

Loadimage!

Loadimage used!

Starting to Initialize sound!

Sound fully initialized!

Network initialized!

MainPalettes initialized!

Core GFX initialized!

Initialising Map!

Map okay.

Reading unit model files...{
infantry ('db\units\divisions\infantry.txt'): 15 model(s) loaded (0 to 14).
cavalry ('db\units\divisions\cavalry.txt'): 14 model(s) loaded (0 to 13).
motorized ('db\units\divisions\motorized.txt'): 8 model(s) loaded (0 to 7).
mechanized ('db\units\divisions\mechanized.txt'): 6 model(s) loaded (0 to 5).
light_armor ('db\units\divisions\light_armor.txt'):ERROR : (Unknown Type in LandDivision) 'armor = 0' Line = 92 file = Mods\Mini CG\db\units\divisions\light_armor.txt

Again, the custom load screen showed up just fine and the progress bar would scroll up until the CTD.

You have got the wrong version, the mod requires 1.01 Beta 2.
You might get it to run on version 1.00 like I did (where I was fighting in the Tomsk area of Russia), but you'll have to rewrite some of the code.

That text helped me alot in determining the problem.

That issue with the CTD is not caused by any of my modifications. Instead, it is a change in the base Darkest Hour game based on Patch 1.01 Beta 2 (since I made the scenario with the 1936 DH v 1.01 as the base). You will need to update your game to 1.01 B2 (I don't know if there is a steam version of the patch, ask Martin or one of the developers) and reinstall the mod. Alternatively, if there is no patch, you can replace light_armor.txt in db\units\divisions with the attached file (I commented the new command out)

Province id's were changed between the beta patches? I hope they don't change anymore in the future or else all the work I did on making a new world for the grand campaign was wasted.
I cant even find the Beta patch, and from what I saw in a thread on the support forum the .exe file wont work on Steam

I got another bug for 1.00 version.

I don't know if the Beta patch swaped province ID's, but thats where I ended up fighting without touching the scenario or province files.

Last edited:
I cant even find the Beta patch, and from what I saw in a thread on the support forum the .exe file wont work on Steam

I got another bug for 1.00 version.

I don't know if the Beta patch swaped province ID's, but thats where I ended up fighting without touching the scenario or province files.

(savedebug.txt attachment)

Yeah, I'm getting the same problem now.

Perhaps I should wait until Steam puts the patch on before running this mod?

I got it to work properly with the propper map and positions, and was able to finish a match.
I Just had to remove:
From Light_armor.txt
armor = 0 # Upgrade to 1939 Basic Medium Armored Division
upgrade_time_boost = no # Do not reduce upgrade time on obsolete models
light_armor = -2 (There are three of this one)
light_armor = 9

From Interceptor.txt
interceptor = -2
I have included the fixes for both txt files.

Last edited:
Your interceptor fix file didn't have that 'interceptor = -2' line taken out. Once I got into the file and deleted the offending line, I stopped having the CTD issues at the load screen and progressed to the menu. Now to actually try the mod.

Last edited:
Apologies for double-posting, but I got to play the mod finally. I like it so far, it's like a grand strategy fanfic. Needs more fleshing out to keep with the series canon (ie: leaders, etc.). Looking forward to further updates.

Your interceptor fix file didn't have that 'interceptor = -2' line taken out. Once I got into the file and deleted the offending line, I stopped having the CTD issues at the load screen and progressed to the menu. Now to actually try the mod.

Ah, sorry, it was way past my bedtime when I was uploading that so I might have renamed and uploaded my interceptor backup.

Do you mind if I include a link for this in the main page (in a few moments, wrapping up a coding project for school atm)?
No not at all.
Thanks for the files, I'm sure it'll help many people. :)
You are welcome.

There more than 75 events in the main campaign right now, only 20 of which have been converted to DH (half of which are decisions, the other half are semi broken due to reliance on triggers in not converted events). Starting ministers are complete for most non-puppet major countries, but I need to convert all of them to DH file format and make sure minister ID's don't overlap with anything in DH. I should be able to release an alpha of another scenario in a few days along with an updated version of this scenario.
I'll be looking forward to it.

Does anyone mind the OOB is created via events? I find events easier to organize than putting units in .incs. In addition, starting units will be placed into the pool for many countries, so there shouldn't be any need to reorganize armies again for anyone. :)
It works for battle-scenarios, but you shouldnt do it too much in the full campaign.
Starting Units in the pool sounds like a good idea to me.

If anyone wants to help with researching tech teams / leaders for countries, send me a pmail. Otherwise, I will be using the default tech teams/leaders from respective countries.
Is this for minors like areas of Britannia that the anime doesn't touch or is this also for major powers like China? Most of the tech teams could still be used if you used coloured pictures.