• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks to everyone for the congratulations and to Andre for the nomination!

So, it's past time I choose the winner of this week. I've decided to name AlexanderPrimus for his CK2 AAR Æthelan: Tale of Kings

The AAR is renovation of a story with the same name that AlexanderPrimus began writing back in '08. The writing is superb and gives room for the characters and their personalities.

I approve nominating AP, for his work is always worthy of awards, but to have the author update his AAR within the last month would have been great too. ;)

Anyway, gratz AP! now updates pls! :D

Reactions:
Congratulations Alexander! I promise I will catch up one day. :)

Congrats Alexander!

Yup-congrats Alexander: a great story. Let's see those updates (I get guilty if I don't update at least twice a month lol)

I'd like to thank Aidun for giving me this award and everyone else for their kind words. I've been out of town for a while, so you can imagine my surprise at discovering this upon my return home.

I'm very grateful for this honor and would like to assure my readers that I am committed to providing at least one update per calendar month to my story. My circumstances may or not permit more than that at the moment, but this has always been my intent. (So June is still on deck!)

I'll do my best to get browsing on the forums and choose a successor.

Thank you all again!

I'd like to thank Aidun for giving me this award and everyone else for their kind words. I've been out of town for a while, so you can imagine my surprise at discovering this upon my return home.

I'm very grateful for this honor and would like to assure my readers that I am committed to providing at least one update per calendar month to my story. My circumstances may or not permit more than that at the moment, but this has always been my intent. (So June is still on deck!)

I'll do my best to get browsing on the forums and choose a successor.

Thank you all again!

Fantastic Alexander!! :)

Congrats!

Thanks again to everyone for your kind remarks. Your support makes it all worth it.

Now the time has come to pass on this award. I should like to nominate CzokletMuss for his clever This Is Madness - Story Of The Crumbling Europe which tells the tale of the Byzantine Empire as it struggles to resist the invading Mongols and the bloodthirsty Aztecs.

Congratulations, CzokletMuss! Take a bow!

Thanks again to everyone for your kind remarks. Your support makes it all worth it.

Now the time has come to pass on this award. I should like to nominate CzokletMuss for his clever This Is Madness - Story Of The Crumbling Europe which tells the tale of the Byzantine Empire as it struggles to resist the invading Mongols and the bloodthirsty Aztecs.

Congratulations, CzokletMuss! [size=+1]Take a bow![/size]

e1761bba17078d08d66c1d194483a8098165d00bb025da3feb4aabb10a3cef2b.jpg

But (lame) puns aside - thank you very much! Gosh, it's such a good feeling :) Although I write mainly for myself (by this I mean that I simply very enjoy writing and Byzantine history is my little hobby) but I have to be honest - without support from readers and the community I probably would never be where I am right now, with 30+ chapters released and plans to continue the story in EU4. And who knows, maybe by the time EU4 part of my megacampaign is finished, the EU4-V2 converter will be polished enough so that I can extend "This Is Madness" to 20th century?

Congratulations CzokletMuss!

Anyways, thank you once again AlexanderPrimus and DensleyBlair - I really appreciate it! Not being a native speaker, every distinction like this means a lot to me and encourages me to not only continue writing but to polish my English :)

The Angeloi protect!

P.S. Technical question - I should nominate my successor before Sunday, is this correct?

[...]not only continue writing but to polish my English :)

I once tried speaking French online and was told that I had as good a grasp of the language as an English cow (which, for the record, I found incredibly harsh.) I can therefore fully appreciate how nice it would be too be able to practise in a more accepting environment. :)

P.S. Technical question - I should nominate my successor before Sunday, is this correct?

On Sunday itself should be fine, unless you're going away or have a strong urge to give your award away as soon as possible. Just remember to let your eventual successor know that they've won!

Congratulations.

Congratulations! Sunday is the ideal day, yes, but some people take longer than others. *stares pointedly at AlexanderPrimus* ;)

Congratulations! Sunday is the ideal day, yes, but some people take longer than others. *stares pointedly at AlexanderPrimus* ;)

Well, considering that I was out of town and didn't even find out I'd been nominated until after my time was past... one does what one can, given the circumstances. :)

But (lame) puns aside ... to not only continue writing but to polish my English :)

Speaking of puns, I saw how you sneaked another little one in there at the end. Your English could use some Polish? I'd say that was cleverly done, haha. Congrats again.

Congrats to that man!