• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
5sl69z.jpg

• 40Haha
  • 4Like
Reactions:
If you are mentioning Jellicoe in "trying to lose" category you should mention Scheer too, he went right into Grand Fleet's T twice over. Essentially Beatty was out-admiralled and that's very much his fault. The issue was magnified by poor ammo discipline in the BCF (not a feature shared by the Grand Fleet) that heavily contributed to every single one of their losses. That was Beatty's responsibility too. On the other hand German mistakes cost them less than they should have because British armour piercing shells were not as good as they could have been.

But if you were to simply swap the ammo discipline and propellants around between the two battlecruiser forces you might well have Germans taking higher casualties in the battle simply because of that. German battlecruisers suffered turret flash fires just like the British ones, the difference was that the fires didn't blow the whole ship up.
Yeah that’s all fair points.

The HMS Dreadnaught had an "interesting" carer...
View attachment 770346

I feel like there’s an even more absurd case of this: on May 12, 1918, the Olympic, sister ship of the Ill-fated Titanic, while serving as a troopship carrying the AEF to Europe, successfully rammed and seriously damaged U-103, such that the sub had to be scuttled by its crew.

• 2Like
Reactions:

i remember when i made the War Thunder suggestion for HMS Dreadnought (that's the actual spelling by the way) and was seriously tempted to follow up with RMS Olympic because of its wartime escapades. sadly getting hard details on its WWI armament is for whatever reason utter hell.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Oh the RMS Olympic would be awesome in one of those games like War Thunder.
Probably not "flashy" enough for the kiddies to spend money on though so they'd probably never do it.

Wikipedia says she had 12-pounders and 4.7-inch guns. Don't know how many 12 pounders though.
There's something incredibly badass about an ocean liner ramming a u-boat to death.