"www.paradoxian.org has expired"? UPDATE: They have moved!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Verrucosus

Sergeant
8 Badges
Apr 28, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
Is that site's content for the older games (for example EU2, Victoria 1) available anywhere else? I cannot find it on the paradoxplaza wikis.

Discovered this aswell. And just as I was about to refresh my memory of Vicky 1. :(

Reactions:
Those wikis weren't actually hosted on our servers. If we see a demand for bringing EU2, HoI2, ViC1 and AoD our Wiki server we may do so in the future but for now we are holding off.

Reactions:
Well, you may count my inquiry as "a demand", but I suspect you are looking for something more substantial. I'd be surprised if I were the only one still playing the older games regularly. That's just three or four games per year, but those are played with intensity and as fun as they were 10 or 12 years ago. The paradoxian wikis were really helpful, all the more since the forums for these older games are practically asleep. Players most likely to go back to these games tend be old enough to have been around when they (the games, that is ;) ) were fresh and shiny. That's also old enough not to have that much time to spare for loud and vocal campaigns. You are unlikely to see large crowds with banners outside Paradox HQ on this one.

Still, as TinyWiking's message implies that the materials are not just lost, I'll keep my fingers crossed that they'll resurface eventually. Of course, hosting them on paradoxplaza alongside the more current wikis would be just perfect. Paradox should have a vested interest in some kind of afterlife for its classic titles and this would certainly help it. (The single most helpful other thing in keeping the pre-EU3 games alive would be to fix the thread displays for the older forums, so that it's not necessary to use the "set options" workaround to access older threads (including the important sticked ones!).

If you decide to bring the paradoxian materials back and you need to make a choice were to start, I'd recommend Vic1. Victoria's manual was better than none at all (looking at HOI4 ;) ), but it was not adequate to the depth of the game. Hence, Victoria is the classic title most likely to benefit from additional documentation.

Reactions:
If you decide to bring the paradoxian materials back and you need to make a choice were to start, I'd recommend Vic1. Victoria's manual was better than none at all (looking at HOI4 ;) ), but it was not adequate to the depth of the game. Hence, Victoria is the classic title most likely to benefit from additional documentation.

Indeed. I remember when I first played the game I had to quit and go read the wiki for 2 hours just to get an inkling of what was going on and what I had to do in the game.

Reactions:
Is that site's content for the older games (for example EU2, Victoria 1) available anywhere else? I cannot find it on the paradoxplaza wikis.
There's no guarantee that the pages you need will actually have been said, but you could try using the web archive:
https://web.archive.org/web/20160517213745/http://www.paradoxian.org/

Note that:
1) You will not be able to use the search function (as those are only static snapshots of the pages, there is nothing of the original back-end to it)
2) The page you're looking for might not have been saved.
3) Some links might display a "Got an HTTP 301 response at crawl time". Just wait and you'll be redirected to the correct page

Reactions:
Thank you so much, tre3qwerty! I haven't changed everything out, but at least quite a few of the pages seem to be accessible that way.

I'll add my voice to the crowd with banners outside Paradox HQ. EU2 is more or less the only computer game I still play, and when I do, the paradoxian wiki is very helpful for quick and easy access to useful information. The web archive tip was great (thanks!), but it would be nice if there was a solution which had a more permanent feel to it. The paradoxian domain has been down before, and then resurfaced, but the safest option would be if Paradox incorporated the wiki.

I'll add my voice to the crowd with banners outside Paradox HQ. EU2 is more or less the only computer game I still play, and when I do, the paradoxian wiki is very helpful for quick and easy access to useful information. The web archive tip was great (thanks!), but it would be nice if there was a solution which had a more permanent feel to it. The paradoxian domain has been down before, and then resurfaced, but the safest option would be if Paradox incorporated the wiki.

Congrats Eradicon on your first post.

You've saved your entrance into the discussion forums until there was a topic worthy of the honor!

Those wikis weren't actually hosted on our servers. If we see a demand for bringing EU2, HoI2, ViC1 and AoD our Wiki server we may do so in the future but for now we are holding off.

Given how cheap it is to host web-pages, it'd be kind of cool to have all of them on the ParadoxPlaza site for relatively low cost (particularly given they're unlikely to tie up a huge amount of bandwidth, no offence intended to the classic titles) - you could tuck them away behind an 'older games' so it needn't clutter up the front page? Just a thought, ignore if not useful :).

Who owns Paradoxian.org?

Just wondering if it is just a matter of paying a server fee. It's probably more complicated than that.

Was about to post, then found this thread.
*sniff*

Would be nice to have.

Paradox, include it into the official Wiki base, pronto ! :p

I'll use the web archive link above until then...
Thanks @tre3qwerty .

'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-WEBSITE!!

I used to use those wikis a lot. There are still people playing the old paradox games and others play the licensed games based on the Europa engine.

I'd easily pitch in 10€ to get the paradoxian wikis back. I need them, and so do others!

There are 140 people playing those games right this moment via steam. The 30-day average being ~240, which means we're at least a few thousand playing those games regularly.

The registered owner is Arne Meyer Vedo-Hansen, although that may be the name of the nominee for the registrar. I'm not super familiar with Norwegian domain / hosting companies...