• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loup99

Godogost of Armorica
84 Badges
Jan 22, 2013
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • 500k Club
  • Pride of Nations
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • March of the Eagles
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Cities: Skylines
Beta Patch 0.9.8

Important
: This is an official update to WtWSMS. It includes the latest GitHub version, with fixes and changes that were not included previously. All previous version or links are therefore considered as obsolete. Our aim is to get the mod stable and relatively bugfree and then start to expand content after a good 1.0.0 build, hence the beta status of this version.

Download:
INSTALLER

MANUAL (mirror)

Checksum: ????
Compatibility:
CK2 Vanilla 2.5.2

This release is NOT save-game compatible with previous versions. (due to vanilla adding new traits)

Changelog:

0.9.8:

MAJOR:
  • Compatibility with vanilla 2.5.2
MINOR:
  • Integrated Ancient Religions v0.37.3 "Tullius", for compatibility with 2.5.2
  • Fixed the Ecumenical Patriarch (d_orthodox) being Orthodox rather than Nicene
  • Fixed the duchy of Numidia Militana's capital being located in the county of Tunis rather than the intended of Manzakine
  • Fixed the typo in the name of Aiwareiks (Euric)
  • Added some and tweaked existing character descriptions in the era selection
  • Integrated the cultural buildings and retinues from the SWMCB sub-mod, courtesy of GrandiSlayer, see on: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ore-characters-and-cultural-buildings.910710/
  • Added/Fixed missing holy sites for certain religions
  • Added Noric and Raetian in list of Romance cultures
  • Added some cultural localization for Noric and Raetian cultures
  • Added a cost for the Reconquest CBs upon declaration, with a minimum of 500 and a scaled cost if 50% of the annual income is above that as well as a cost in case the reconquest fails
  • Added narrative and character events for Zeno defeating Basiluskos in the 476 startdate
  • Added narrative and character events for Theodoric defeating Odoacer
  • Fixed the typo in the Druid trait description
  • Fixed "Last Roman Empire" decision triggers
  • Fixed some missing icons for restore legion decisions
  • Fixed some misplaced positions
  • Fixed Roman re-conquest events and CBs using custom regions
  • Fixed duplicate "Fall of Rome" event
  • Fixed game-over when using migration CB on nomadic lands
  • Fixed -- in migration CB war name
  • Reworked fall of Rome story events to add safeties for uncommon cases and make sure Odoacer's event troops are disbanded
  • Fixed some localization issues

Installation:

Installer
1. Launch the installer .exe
2. Select your CK2 mod folder, in case it is not the default one (Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod)
3. Wait for the installation to complete.
4. Launch CK2
5. Select the mod "When the World Stopped Making Sense" in the Mod tab
6. Select the WTWSMS graphical sub-mods for which you own the required graphical DLCs.
7. Play!

Manual
1. Remove any WTWSMS mod folders and .mod files inside Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod
2. Clear your gfx cache, by deleting the folder Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\WTWSMS\gfx
3. Extract the downloaded archive
4. Enter in the first folder of the extracted file and transfer it's content to Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod
5. Launch CK2
6. Select the mod "When the World Stopped Making Sense" in the Mod tab
7. Select the WTWSMS graphical sub-mods for which you own the required graphical DLCs.
8. Play!

These manual steps are also described in this installation video.

Note: This a copy of the GitHub dev, which does not include some of @Enlil's more recent changes that will be in a future beta as well as the planned WRE restoration. There are some "black" realms in some bookmark and history issues that will be fixed with it. All reported issues/bugs are listed in the second post of the sticky bug thread, if you find any new ones, please post in that thread. The Rise of Islam (disabled) and Reconquest CB:s are WIP. LoR, RoI, SoA, TR and SoI content/events may not correspond to the specific setting. What is in this release tries to achieve compatibility and advance the mod further towards a stable 1.0.0. Warning Any old sub-mods/compatible mods will unless stated not be compatible with this version and require compatches. We are aware that there are issues with this latest vanilla version, but the coalition and shattered retreat mechanics can be disabled if necessary. On the mod itself, beta will be beta, and some things are here to be tested! :)

Credits: This specific 0.9.8 release was brought to you by the following persons from the team: Erik W, Romulien, GrandiSlayer and loup99. If I forget anyone, thanks to those too! Others contributed too, and I want to thank all of those that sent PM:s, made detailed suggestions, searched themselves in the code and tried to help us! ;)

Finally, thanks to the thousands who downloaded the previous versions of the mod!

Reactions:
Wow, I didn't think version 0.9.8 would be out so soon. This is fantastic to see.

Reactions:
Wow, I didn't think version 0.9.8 would be out so soon. This is fantastic to see.
It's actually quite minor, and there is both a WRE restoration and a whole other branch that Enlil works on we have left in store. ;)

Last edited:
It's actually quite minor, and there is both a WRE restoration and a whole other branch that Enlil works on we have left in store. ;)
So no WRE restoration yet, but still, awesome work! By the way, I wanna play as Julius Nepos in 475, but if I pick anything before 476, a lot of factions don't exist.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Had an idea that if you could make "Holy Roman Empire events" in case of early schism (ie. ERE changing to a weird religion) and have an alternate WRE restoration as the "Holy Roman Empire".

Not a "German" empire as historical but someone, like probably, romans, or some other group holding rome and restoring the empire in the west.

Another idea i've had was for the WRE to promote the vulgate, like ERE promotes greek as the offical language. Then the culture changes to "Latin" and as a result has name changes like Julius -> Juliu etc.

Reactions:
How does migration work in this version? I tried a game as the ostrogoths and couldn't figure out how to get out of Pannonia. The only casus belli I had was tributary. I couldn't even seize dalmatia from the weekened WRE.

Had an idea that if you could make "Holy Roman Empire events" in case of early schism (ie. ERE changing to a weird religion) and have an alternate WRE restoration as the "Holy Roman Empire".

Not a "German" empire as historical but someone, like probably, romans, or some other group holding rome and restoring the empire in the west.
The WRE will have a standard restoration for the Romance group. Then there are plans on a dynamic Carolingian Empire.

Another idea i've had was for the WRE to promote the vulgate, like ERE promotes greek as the offical language. Then the culture changes to "Latin" and as a result has name changes like Julius -> Juliu etc.
Just as the ERE will have a transition, a surviving WRE could perhaps have a such change. I think it sounds reasonable.

How does migration work in this version? I tried a game as the ostrogoths and couldn't figure out how to get out of Pannonia. The only casus belli I had was tributary. I couldn't even seize dalmatia from the weekened WRE.
Conditions:
  • You must be Slavic, Tengri, Germanic Pagan or Alan culture
  • You cannot declare a migration war after 800
  • You have not migrated in the last 10 years
  • You are a duke or above
  • You are independent
  • You are not at war
  • The target must be independent
In your case, I believe you are a duke. Will add the conditions to the wiki.

Reactions:
The WRE will have a standard restoration for the Romance group. Then there are plans on a dynamic Carolingian Empire.
Ya the dynamic Carolingian empire is a good idea. Francia, Germania, or Italia germanic "Holy Roman Empire" depending on what goes on. It would be interesting in case of the Ostrogoths surviving and doing this early if a schism occurs.

With the western roman empire is let's say they have two different religions and the east then becomes "greek" and 'orthodox' or something else. Then let's say the west is catholic for simplicities sake. The west would really consider the east the "greek empire" like they did in history and the WRE as the "sole roman empire" at that point.

Let's say the player/ai fails to unite the empire and pretty much is an italian/western empire. Or let's say the east is destroyed. It would be interesting to have an alternate roman empire at that point even if it's just a name change event. In the case of eastern conquest it would be a reversal on history with the west being the surviving empire.

At this point i'm pretty much convincing myself this is rather pointless fluff I suppose.

It would be interesting to have an alternate roman empire at that point even if it's just a name change event.
Well, I personally think switches in terms of culture and events further down the line are great ideas, but for the name change I'm not too convinced, as it would be more cosmetic than anything else, and following the WtWSMS standards, the ERE is the ERE from 476 to 1453, the name Byzantium is not added in later on.

Well, I personally think switches in terms of culture and events further down the line are great ideas, but for the name change I'm not too convinced, as it would be more cosmetic than anything else, and following the WtWSMS standards, the ERE is the ERE from 476 to 1453, the name Byzantium is not added in later on.
Couldn't you put in a line into the "Only Roman Empire" decision which changes the name of the surviving half into "Roman Empire"? IIRC Zeno after the fall of the West did just that.

Couldn't you put in a line into the "Only Roman Empire" decision which changes the name of the surviving half into "Roman Empire"? IIRC Zeno after the fall of the West did just that.
It doesn't do that. It only allows them to ingame pretend to be it.

Reactions:
So just installed the mod and... where is Justinian's entourage? Come on! John the Capadocian unscrupulus tax collector, Tribonian the great law giver? BELISARIUS? Justinian the great couldn't have been great without his A-team! So disapoint.. but I really appreciate the mod, if you guys don't already know about the characters I could provide you with sources... couldn't add them in myself though.

So just installed the mod and... where is Justinian's entourage? Come on! John the Capadocian unscrupulus tax collector, Tribonian the great law giver? BELISARIUS? Justinian the great couldn't have been great without his A-team! So disapoint.. but I really appreciate the mod, if you guys don't already know about the characters I could provide you with sources... couldn't add them in myself though.
Aren't some of those present in his court? as for sources, if you find some very detailed portraits of the characters I guess it could help out, but otherwise we already know about them. Flavius Belisarius is present in the mod.

Aren't some of those present in his court? as for sources, if you find some very detailed portraits of the characters I guess it could help out, but otherwise we already know about them. Flavius Belisarius is present in the mod.
Yeah, after a few hours I have come across a few belisarius characters, I was miffed that belisarius wasn't already set as the marshal but I suppose thats up for interpretation. I haven't noticed tribonian or john, I'll have to take another look for those guys.

Is there any way of still downloading previous versions?

Is there any way of still downloading previous versions?

Yes, you can find the previous threads [WtWSMS] Release 0.9.x in this sub-forum, the download links are still working, at least for 0.9.7 and 0.9.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.