• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Caseter6

Sergeant
42 Badges
Jun 11, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Impire
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
U6Que7D.png

Hello everyone, so I am currently working on making a Stargate complete overhaul mod for Stellaris along with a few other people, we are in the very early stages with very capable coders, translators and walking Stargate Wikis, however in order to make this into the mod that we know it can be we are looking for more people to join our team with certain skills that can help us make this amazing.

The Mod:

This mod will completely overhaul the Stellaris universe so that the player can choose from a number of iconic Stargate species and factions to seize control of the universe in any way they see fit, we plan to start off with the Tau'ri (Humans) on Earth where the players can uncover the Stargate and after learning it's secrets use it to explore the universe and we will then over time as the mod development progresses add more species to play as or play against such as the Goa'uld, Ohne and the Nox to make the mod an interesting and detail mod to play. We also plan to make use of already in-game functions such as the fallen empire mechanics for species such as the Asgard and use of the precursor civilization system for the Ancients.

Our Team:

COMING SOON

Previews:

COMING SOON

Help Us:

In order to make this mod as successful as it can be we are currently looking for more talented people to join our team with a variety of skills, if you wish to do so and you have one of the skills required below feel free to add me on Steam (Caseter6) or reply below expressing your interest in helping (if you have a skill not mentioned below that you feel is useful feel free to reach out anyway).

We are looking for:
  • More coders who have good knowledge of the engine and how to perform tasks with little to no guidance.
  • Modelers (we have models already but may want more and would like to add custom touches to some models).
  • Texture/Graphics/Artists capable of creating beautiful work to go into the mod, we especially need people capable of creating character portraits based off characters from the Stargate series.

Credits:

Huge thanks to SmokingSnowMan for providing us with the models he used in his Stargate Invasion mod for Sins of a Solar Empire.

Reactions:
NIce guys,
Just tell me how are you planning to export those new models ?
Do you have some guide or something?
I am thinking about creating some of the Freesapce 2 ships and put them in the game. But really I do not know what kind of file the game needs ? OBJ , or DAE or what ?

I would lend a helping hand, but i am completely useless in coding, modeling, whatever.

But, i am fu*king excited to play this mod. I loved the series and i would love to play as Tok'ra.

Reactions:
It should be able to work off the wormhole ftl in some way or another, They had ships in stargate. They just couldn't travel instantly.

How do you plan to simulate how the Stargate works, using no ships to explore the galaxy ?
Our current plan is for humans on Earth to be able to unblock a tile that reveals the stargate and they will the need to use a special project to research it to learn how to use it, over time they will come across technology to advance and through the help of the Asgard fallen empire they will learn to create ships to also explore the galaxy. For other species such as the Goa'uld they will start with ships and stargates to use. The stargates themselves will be surface tiles most likely that each empire/race/species will be able to send units or armies through to explore and interact with other planets.

There should be a way to explore planets using the Stargate, revealing the systems on the map, and encounter anomalies this way (the anomalies should be inspired by the episodes). Heck, you could even colonize this way.
In Stargate, the ships are really completely secondary.

Yeah, some of the stargates were in space and required a dropship to use though. Which wormholes already efficiently cover, but, can planet to planet hopping be implemented?(then said planet is surveyed by the explorers and you could always get some funky ridiculous over the top mission (possibly epic mini-cyoa stories)

There should be a way to explore planets using the Stargate, revealing the systems on the map, and encounter anomalies this way (the anomalies should be inspired by the episodes). Heck, you could even colonize this way.
In Stargate, the ships are really completely secondary.
That's the plan for now, we want players to be able to use Stargates for exploration, transport, colonization or even wars. We may even add a special project to build the iris on the gate so they can stop hostiles coming in :)

Will we be able to research Replicators, and then build them at the risk of a Replicator Rebellion, just like vanilla-Stellaris Synthetics but they will grow like a normal species?
Oh, and are there orbital / space-based Stargates as well?

I'm so excited right now, almost as much as two weeks before release ^^ If we can play as those, I'll take the Tollans :)

Will we be able to research Replicators, and then build them at the risk of a Replicator Rebellion, just like vanilla-Stellaris Synthetics but they will grow like a normal species?
Oh, and are there orbital / space-based Stargates as well?

I'm so excited right now, almost as much as two weeks before release ^^ If we can play as those, I'll take the Tollans :)

I have not decided for sure yet but I may make replicators an already existing entity in the world that you have a chance of encountering, I had not thought of making them a dangerous technology to research but that's a good idea so I will consider that as an option. We do have plans to add orbital/space Stargates for a number of functions and may even make the Stargate midway station seen in SGA that they use to go between the two galaxies.

I have not decided for sure yet but I may make replicators an already existing entity in the world that you have a chance of encountering, I had not thought of making them a dangerous technology to research but that's a good idea so I will consider that as an option. We do have plans to add orbital/space Stargates for a number of functions and may even make the Stargate midway station seen in SGA that they use to go between the two galaxies.
There will be more than one galaxy!? Okay, that will be awesome!

By the way, this might be interesting for you:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-scientists-are-goaulds.932983/&sdpDevPosts=0
I guess this (in a slightly changed way) is a perfect event for when you play as the Goa'uld :)