• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

lionelione

Corporal
40 Badges
Apr 23, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Rome Gold
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Dungeonland
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Prison Architect
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Roses
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities in Motion 2
mPfYTnB.jpg

Figured I might as well release it now since I've been working on this the past 2 days and am heading away for a bit. Future work will be on Society aspect.

Heavily borrows from the University mod by Slothinator on the steam workshop as well as Maal's Tutorial Society (which I've done like nothing with yet)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=886103638
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1109993099

Also looked at code from The Great Trade Society and Historical And Fantastic Artifacts for coding inspiration.

Adds a magic trait through customizer or to 1 in 1000 childhood pulses. Also gets added yearly to everyone in hogwarts court (for randomly invited/spawned courtiers). Magic gets passed on at a 75% rate, (25% is Squibs I guess)

Magic's only visible to people with magic, so either add it in through character customizer/console (hasmagic), or hope that one of your kid is a muggleborn or that you marry into magic!

At age 11 in September kids can be sent to Hogwarts or denied. Hogwarts is a landless duchy headquartered near Moray (The county where Dufftown is located which was attacked by Dementors and according to Hermione is nearby).

They are sorted into houses, do OWLS/NEWTS, and graduate. They get decent stats and always a T3+ education although not one you choose. They get sent back to ruler parents or stay for a better life if their parent is a courtier.

Graduating Hogwarts allows you to join the magical society, which is at the moment still not fully done, but adds an event that gives some prestige and a quest+decision to go to Diagon Ally to buy Wands+Pets+Robes.

Should be compatible with pretty much every mod unless it somehow uses the same event/artifact/whatever names since it doesn't touch the map at all except for a custom landless title/history. Definitely compatible with HIP and a couple dozen other mods (from what I saw) since I developed it while using that.

Anyways, let me know what you think, any bugs, suggestions, etc.

Todo:

Magic
- Magic Trait [X]
- Wands [x]
- Accidental Magic? [X]
- Deathly Hallows? [ ]
- Squib trait? [X]
- Magic chance to cure disease? (Too OP?) [ ]
- Magic = Immortal untill 150? 100? Add lots of health? IDK. (Too OP?) [ ]

Hogwarts
- Admission to Hogwarts [X]
- Sorting into houses [X]
- Adding house founders/teachers [x]
- Adding founders objects [x]
- Founders Dynastys [ ]
- Adding school supplies artifacts (robes, pet, ???) [x]
- Graduating [X]
- OWLS + NEWTS [x]
- ?????

Magic Society
- Society Exists [X]
- GFX/UI [X]
- Merlin first leader of society [x]
- Missions [x]
-- Go shopping [x]
-- Raid Tomb?
-- Discover magical creature?
-- Fight dark creature?
-- ???
- Events [ ]
-- Dark wizard attack?
-- Unicorn sighted [x]
-- ???
- Decisions [ ]
-- Diagon Ally [x]
-- Knockturn Ally? [ ]
- ?????

Steam Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1130232476

Version 1.3

Attachments

• Wizarding World.zip
    738,5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
I don't think you quite understand how this works...one does not simply create a society mod and "head off for a bit". You stay right were you are.

Great idea!

Hmmm, further Googling says Hogwarts is near Dufftown, which is in Moray, so I moved the court's base location. Kinda minor since it's landless anyways, but gotta have that accuracy with fictional hidden Wizarding castles with vague locations! Didn't have time to work on this today and classes start back up this week but I'll prolly bash out the society aspect over the weekend, publish it on Steam and properly release it, and then just think of new ideas to add/update. I have vague future plans of features to add and events and such but I guess it just depends on whether this holds my interest.

It's funny, I thought I remembered playing this mod, but I was sure there were already wands in it. You could also purchase a pet, a magic manual etc.
Is that from an other mod?

It's funny, I thought I remembered playing this mod, but I was sure there were already wands in it. You could also purchase a pet, a magic manual etc.
Is that from an other mod?

I just made this like Sunday-Monday so prolly not this mod :p

Alright, so with 1 in 1000 getting magic, there's times where I'm seeing no magic popping up for years at a time, which doesn't really seem like enough to sustain a society considering how many people die in war or are murdered and such, or marry infertile celibate nuns. I'm decreasing it down to 1 in 100, which gives 1-3 new magic students a year from what I've seen, plus the normal children of magicals. IDK about later in the game though. What do you guys think?

Also I can't seem to figure this one out:

Code:
character_event = {
    id = MAGISOCI.002
    hide_window = yes
    is_triggered_only = yes
    trigger = {
        title = d_school_hogwarts
    }
    immediate = {
        any_courtier = {
            limit = {
            NOT = { trait = hasmagic }
            }
            add_trait = hasmagic
        }

}
}

It isn't working but I don't really know how I would go about fixing it.

try has_landed_title instead of title in the trigger.

try has_landed_title instead of title in the trigger.

Didn't work cause my code is garbage, but gave me idea of better way.

Code:
character_event = {
    id = MAGISOCI.002
    hide_window = yes
    is_triggered_only = yes
    trigger = {
        AND = {
        liege = {
        has_landed_title = d_school_hogwarts
        }
        NOT = { trait = hasmagic }
        }
    }
    immediate = {
            add_trait = hasmagic
    }
}

And it works :D

Also other problem happening with localization. I have the stuff in the localization file but randomly some lines don't work. Sometimes it's a desc, sometimes it's a option, idk...

teoZEjv.png

Another issue, does anyone know the command for removing an artifact? I saw it at one point but no longer do, and the validator is telling me remove_artifact is invalid or something.

This is the relevent code. I'm not quite sure if it works or not cause I haven't tested the code for a long save time since I'm always adding stuff.
Code:
gain_effect = {
        if = {
            limit = { top_liege = {has_artifact = chalice_hufflepuff }}
            top_liege = {
                    remove_artifact = chalice_hufflepuff
            }
            add_artifact = chalice_hufflepuff
        }
    }

I don't think you are supposed to mod it with excel? I always had problems it with, I stick with notepad++.

Destroy_artifact to remove them.

And do try notepad++, while localization sort of open in a excel like file by default, they need a proper encoding that you may not have in excel. And notepad++ has a lot of awesome tools too.

Well that would prolly do it I guess. I use notepad++ for all the file editing but figured Excel would be better for CSV's since it as default, guess I was wrong :p I'll do the editing tomorrow. Ended up releasing the current stuff with localization issues, should fix the release tomorrow.

Alright, so looking in with notepad++ it seems certain lines were in quotations, thanks Excel! Easy enough fix. Uploaded fixed release. At this point it's mostly just lack of ideas/putting the time in to make ideas happen, I'm generally happy with current build but will be adding more stuff. Time to publish on steam I guess.

Hey, was wondering about Marriage acceptance modifiers, are they hard-coded in the marriage decision or is it possible to make it so a given trait adds/removes acceptance ticks? Cause if hard-coded then that's gonna be a bitch for compatibility and I'm not gonna be able to implement.

Fixed a few problems with the last update. Also I hate the damn spam filter on this forum. Want to edit a post? Well you better be adding new words and not just replacing the zip file!

Fixed a few problems with the last update. Also I hate the damn spam filter on this forum. Want to edit a post? Well you better be adding new words and not just replacing the zip file!
Maybe replace the "I hate the spam filter" by "current version is version X" and update X as needed.

Alright, so looking in with notepad++ it seems certain lines were in quotations, thanks Excel! Easy enough fix. Uploaded fixed release. At this point it's mostly just lack of ideas/putting the time in to make ideas happen, I'm generally happy with current build but will be adding more stuff. Time to publish on steam I guess.
Notice that EVTDESC_MAGISOCI_403 has commas in the text. That text is all in 1 spreadsheet cell, so it's a single value. In order to preserve that as a single value in a *comma* separated file (CSV), it has to be put in quotes. That's why it wasn't working.

One issue is that CK2's "CSV files" aren't *actually* comma separated. They are semi-colon separated. Now it's *possible* to get a spreadsheet to save as semi-colon separated, but it's often a hassle to do so. Instead of putting everything in 1 cell, each bit is in it's own cell, with no semi-colons. Then you have to tell it to save with semi-colon separators, which you may have to re-do every time you save.

That's why it's generally easier to just use a straight text editor.