• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The Fremen

First Lieutenant
36 Badges
Dec 6, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
Hey guys, what are the current projects that we know of and in which events it might be possible that they might be revealed based on past information.

Best,

Fremen

I am asking, since I remember that before the revealing of HoI IV, there were three projects, HoI IV, Runemaster and another one. I am wondering, if anyone remember about the third one (what its name anyways?

Three future projects: Augustus, Titus and Tiberius.

HoI4 is with the HoI4 team, CK2 DLC's with the CK2 team and EU4 DLC's with the EU4 team so for those projects you are better off asking in the dedicated forums.

Reactions:
there is some hints that it could be a sequel to EU:Rome

You mean all the trolling from Shams about Rome II? Mistaking the trolling as hints really isn't a good idea.. o_O

Three future projects: Augustus, Titus and Tiberius.

^^ This is correct.. Can't wait until we announce what the games are, super hyped myself even though I work with the above mentioned titles every day :D

Last edited:
Reactions:
You mean all the trolling from Shams about Rome II? Mistaking the trolling as hints really isn't a good idea.. o_O

^^ This is correct.. Can't wait until we announce what the games are, super hyped myself even though I work with the above mentioned titles every day :D

Nice! The paradox convention happens soon, doesn't it? As soon as August I believe, anything to look forward to there? :)

Do you have permission to say which of them are grand strategy games?

Sorry, you'll just have to wait and see...

Nice! The paradox convention happens soon, doesn't it? As soon as August I believe, anything to look forward to there? :)

Mmm.. in August it's Gamescom. We will be there of course, as well as our fan gathering.. PDX Con is usually around February +- a month. Isn't our glorious presence enough to look forward to? :cool:

Reactions:
I hope one of them is a revival of "East vs. West". I'm not asking a dev to confirm or deny that, since I know they can't. Still, I just . . . I hope that happens. I'm new enough to Paradox that I only read about it after it was cancelled, but man, it sure sounded like it was going to be good. I really would have liked to have seen a Paradox grand strategy game about the Cold War.

Reactions:
I hope one of them is a revival of "East vs. West". I'm not asking a dev to confirm or deny that, since I know they can't. Still, I just . . . I hope that happens. I'm new enough to Paradox that I only read about it after it was cancelled, but man, it sure sounded like it was going to be good. I really would have liked to have seen a Paradox grand strategy game about the Cold War.

In Angry Joe's interview with Paradox, it was said that East vs West was cancelled because it wasn't fun enough. They were talking about the steps that a developer has to take when making a game, and one of them is making the game good/fun. There is where East vs West failled.

The video is also useful to this thread because it makes mention of Vicky 3 and why it isn't in development (yet).

Reactions:
Thanks for the video; some interesting stuff in there. Their comments about Vicky 3 were quite encouraging. It's disappointing that East vs. West just wasn't good enough, but I hope that doesn't mean they won't revisit the idea of doing a Cold War game. Even if it ends up being a totally different game from what they first envisioned, and has a different title, and comes another generation or two down the line, I still want to see what a Paradox Cold War grand strategy game would be like.

I also liked how Shams Jorjani claimed that "one of the ambitions for this development studio is to cover the entirety of the timeline". Could there actually be a game coming one day that covers the period of the Peloponnesian War, the Achaemenid Empire, and the rise of the Qin and Han Dynasties? I'm skeptical of the implied notion that it will eventually be possible to start out as one of the original human cities in Mesopotamia or the Indus Valley and carry your saved game across so many games that you can take it all the way through the modern era and into the future. But if that really is their ambition, and if they can pull it off, then I, for one, would just give them all of the money.

Reactions:
Hmm.. in August it's Gamescom. We will be there of course, as well as our fan gathering.. PDX Con is usually around February +- a month. Isn't our glorious presence enough to look forward to? :cool:

My wife and I were headed to Paris early August. I think I could pass off Cologne as Paris for a few days. "Honey, you can't expect places to look like they do in magazines. Oh look, a gaming convention!"

Reactions:

Will we know Augustus at Gamescom? plz:)

My wife and I were headed to Paris early August. I think I could pass off Cologne as Paris for a few days. "Honey, you can't expect places to look like they do in magazines. Oh look, a gaming convention!"

The Eiffel Tower ? Yeah, they are repainting it, so they moved it out of Paris. They mobilised all the taxis to get it out of the city !

Reactions:
The Eiffel Tower ? Yeah, they are repainting it, so they moved it out of Paris. They mobilised all the taxis to get it out of the city !

nah. the french are going to co-opt the hololens. soon cologne will have 7 eiffel towers, 6 of which will shoot giant holographic death rays.