• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just a question, how can I declare Independence without my realm shattering apart? this is because the top title of my realm is a Frankish duchy while my character is of Romano-Gallic culture.

My realm in show vassals

https://i.imgur.com/xQoBKiy.png

After winning the Independence war

https://i.imgur.com/jU58PwK.png

Also I tried to create the title right after I won the war and before the de-jure events can fire, but no luck

https://i.imgur.com/NjHdQJf.png

You could simply mass revoke all your vassals titles, and then declare independence. Then just give all those lands to new vassals once you're ready.

anyone has a list of where are all the knights of the round table are?

The vast majority of them are in Arthur's court at start, of course. Lancelot and Galahad are in their father's court in Benoic, Sagramor leads his own Brotherhood Horsemen mercenary company, Derfel starts off in Merlin's court, and IIRC there are a couple in King Lot's court as well.

Version 1.10.1 Released!

Download Link: Version 1.10.1 - The Winter King - Compatible with CK2 3.1.0
Checksum: HPUB

Changelog:​
- Added (back?) reduced realm revolt risk after defeating a province revolt
- Fixed and added a few localisations
- Added the Temple of Uppsala and the Hill of Tara as great works
- Arthur now starts with cavalry event troops (instead of heavy infantry) and an armor artifact
- Added Irminsul Tree building in Frideslar (Donar's Oak)
- Fixed missing wonder upgrades

Notes:
  • IMPORTANT: Be sure to completely delete all previous versions of BTWK before installing version 1.10.1. Not doing so will result in a corrupted installation that will almost certainly be unplayable.
  • This version is compatible with any savegames start in version 1.10.0. Note, however, that it is NOT compatible with any savegames started in 1.9.x. - attempting to do so may result in any amount of strange and buggy behaviour.
  • A reminder that the Portraits submod requires the Celtic, Norse, Mongol, Early Western, and Iberian Portraits, as well as Monks and Mystics and Holy Fury. Please ensure that you have all of the required portrait packs before activating, as otherwise you will face graphical issues.
  • As usual, if you see any bugs, balance issues, or just weird behavior please feel free to report them so we can investigate and fix them.

Mass conversions need to be significantly toned down; as it stands half the pagan kings in Britain convert within 10 years of game start.
I've never seen anything like that... Does it require some DLC?

Eh, i feel like their sufficiently powerful. I've practically always won against them when playing as the Soissons.

Especially if you smash into them /before/ Clovis unifies them all. If you're quick you can steal several duchies from them, and maybe even capture Clovis from his dads capital. He can't unify the Franks if he's dead.

Eh, i feel like their sufficiently powerful. I've practically always won against them when playing as the Soissons.

Especially if you smash into them /before/ Clovis unifies them all. If you're quick you can steal several duchies from them, and maybe even capture Clovis from his dads capital. He can't unify the Franks if he's dead.
Revised opinion: it's doable, it's just very much a luck-based mission.
However, two other points:
1) Why does Imperial government give a penalty to tax income? Since Imperial government is meant to be a switch away from a levy system towards a professional army structure, it would make more sense for Imperial governments to give a tax bonus but a more substantial levy penalty.
2) The Saxon invasions in northern Gaul are a bit ridiculous; it's quite possible to see a single-county chieftain inexplicably spawn a larger army than the entire Gallic Empire.

Revised opinion: it's doable, it's just very much a luck-based mission.
However, two other points:
1) Why does Imperial government give a penalty to tax income? Since Imperial government is meant to be a switch away from a levy system towards a professional army structure, it would make more sense for Imperial governments to give a tax bonus but a more substantial levy penalty.

The tax penalty represents the cost of maintaining the imperial bureaucracy.

2) The Saxon invasions in northern Gaul are a bit ridiculous; it's quite possible to see a single-county chieftain inexplicably spawn a larger army than the entire Gallic Empire.

The invasions scale to the defender's strength to a degree, so that they are actually a threat.

The invasions scale to the defender's strength to a degree, so that they are actually a threat.
In that case, the use of such invasions should be restricted to independent rulers of duchy-tier rank. Otherwise you get the situation of a random single-county vassal chieftain being able to suddenly spawn a massive army out of thin air.

Regarding mass conversions, they should be disabled until around ~600. The mechanic doesn't really fit the early part of the mod's timeframe (especially the 410 start).

In that case, the use of such invasions should be restricted to independent rulers of duchy-tier rank. Otherwise you get the situation of a random single-county vassal chieftain being able to suddenly spawn a massive army out of thin air.

The Gallic invasions/migrations should really be thought of more as adventurers rather than standard invasions, so the original rank of the ruler isn't really that relevant.

Regarding mass conversions, they should be disabled until around ~600. The mechanic doesn't really fit the early part of the mod's timeframe (especially the 410 start).

Not really. The conversion of Clovis, for instance, as an example of what's essentially a mass conversion in the earlier part of the timeline.

The Franks need to be nerfed; they're horribly overpowered at the moment since they get both free event troops and a large number of call-in tributary allies.
I'm not sure if they've been changed, But I'm pretty sure you can easily defeat them by just killing their king, That's what I did in my Soissons campaign, Although I had already got the heir in prison, Probably from a previous battle.

Not really. The conversion of Clovis, for instance, as an example of what's essentially a mass conversion in the earlier part of the timeline.
There's already a special event for that in the mod, though. The problem with having mass conversions available at the start is that it leads to all High Tribal rulers mass converting very quickly.