• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We used to have Prometheanism in WtWSMS too, but then we removed it due to it being ahistorical and centred around a restoration scenario. Maybe in TWK a separate heresy could be added if you want to keep the Promethean heresy?

Prometheanism only appears if Hellenic paganism is reformed, so it at least makes a little more sense that way. Not sure what you're trying to get at with adding in a separate heresy?

So any ETA on the next patch, i know you said like a week ago that it will take a week or two to update the mod, and now that a week has gone by i was hoping.... you know :p

So any ETA on the next patch, i know you said like a week ago that it will take a week or two to update the mod, and now that a week has gone by i was hoping.... you know :p

I think I'm leaning on the or two part. :p But barring anything unexpected I think at the end of this weekend maybe?

I think putting a Saxnot/Fertility cult for Saxon culture Germanic pagans would be interesting, also the Norse should be able to take Vanir/Aesir cults.

I have very detailedly worked on conversion AI through event scripting, basically managed to tie it with date and personality of ruler maybe I can give you some of it. An example is a proud/zealous theologian will under no circumstances convert, however a cynical person might especially if there is a high authority for other religion and year is around time it would make sense to convert. Also certain other traits influence it like being lustful/chaste drunkard, cruel, ambitious, content or having high piety.

I think putting a Saxnot/Fertility cult for Saxon culture Germanic pagans would be interesting, also the Norse should be able to take Vanir/Aesir cults.

I have very detailedly worked on conversion AI through event scripting, basically managed to tie it with date and personality of ruler maybe I can give you some of it. An example is a proud/zealous theologian will under no circumstances convert, however a cynical person might especially if there is a high authority for other religion and year is around time it would make sense to convert. Also certain other traits influence it like being lustful/chaste drunkard, cruel, ambitious, content or having high piety.

Sorry for the late response - I read your post and then completely forgot to reply to it. :p Sure, we'd love to take a look.

Any update?

RL got in the way a bit, so probably Wednesday night or so.

RL got in the way a bit, so probably Wednesday night or so.

We wait with baited breath. (Seriously, I'm psyched. M&M and TWK were made for each other.)

Any news? I was hoping it'd release yesterday

Kingdom of Connacht
In the rugged northwest of Ireland, we have the Kingdom of Connacht, ruled by the eponymous dynasties of the Connachta. The Connachta consisted of three separate dynasties: the Uí Fiachrach, the Uí Briúin, and the Uí nAilello, each descended from a son of the High King Eochaid Mugmedon (the fourth son, of course, was said to be Niall Noígíallach, ancestor of the Uí Néill). However, at this point in time, the Connachta had yet to spread their grip firmly over the kingdom as they would be found in medieval times; instead, we have a diverse array of other unrelated dynasties ruling various subkingdoms and tribes in Connacht.

In 479, the dominant dynasty of the kingdom is the familiar Uí Fiachrach, the descendants of Fiachrae mac Eochaid. As before, there are two main branches: the Uí Fiachrach Aidhne ruling over the southwest and the Uí Fiachrach Muaidhe in the northwest, as well as the minor kingdom of Tír Amhlaidh and the current royal lineage of Ailill Molt. The Uí Fiachrach remained largely dominant over the kingship until the 8th century, and any of their main branches are in a strong position to contest (or hold) the throne of Connnacht - if not that of Ireland itself.

The Uí Briúin, descendants of Brión mac Eochaid, were a powerful dynasty in the Middle Ages, ruling all of Connacht and extending their conquests into the former territories of Ulaidh and Midhe. However, in 479 they rule little more than their homeland of Maigh Seola, of little political importance since the defeat of Brión at the hands of Fiachrae and his sons. From these humble beginnings, can you replicate the rise of the Uí Briúin, subdue the plain of Mag nAi, conquer the kingdom of Breigne, and ascend to the throne of Connacht - and perhaps become High King as well?

The last of the Connachta is the obscure Uí nAilello, descendants of Ailill mac Eochaid. They fell into obscurity quickly, leaving not even any king names or genealogies, but were probably a dynasty of some importance in northeast Connacht in 479. Can you reverse your destiny and return the forgotten branch of the Connachta back to relevance - and perhaps even triumph over your more powerful cousins?

To the southeast lies the kingdom of the Uí Maine and its various branches, who claimed descent from a prince of the Uí Méith, a dynasty of the Airgíalla. While most of the other kingdoms mentioned here would eventually be eclipsed by the Uí Briúin, the Uí Maine remained strong and largely independent all the way to the English conquest, to the point where the Connachta would later the genealogies to claim the powerful kingdom to be one of their own. There are also two other minor tribes who would become vassals of the Uí Maine: the Soghaine, a distant relative of the Dal nAraidi, and the tribe of the Delbna Nuadat, who claimed to be related to the Dal gCais.

To the north lies the overkingdom of the Luighne Connacht, including the closely related tribe of the Gailenga. These are the same tribes we find fighting off the Ui Neill in their probably original homeland of Brega, though history would be much kinder to the Connacht branches who would remain powerful into the Middle Ages. Just to the south, ruling over the ancient royal seat of Rathcroghan, we have a kingdom of the Ciarraige, a different branch of the tribe of the same name in Munster. The Ciarraige would eventually be defeated by the rising Uí Briúin Ai who would usurp their position on the ancient capital of Connacht and split the kingdom into three. Surely, though, the kings of such an important site deserve a much better fate, and perhaps a provincial crown to go with it...

Finally, spanning the west coast are several minor kingdoms based upon the sea. There is the kingdom of the Uí hMaill, an independent branch of the Uí Briúin; two branches of the Conmaicne, the Conmaicne Mara and Conamaicne Cuile Tolad (a third major branch, the Conmaicne Maigh Rein, would be founded in the territories of Briefne in the early 6th century), relatives of the Ciarraige and Corcu Mruadh; and another branch of the Delbhna, the Delbna Tir Dha Locha. These sea-kings of Connacht never amounted to much, most of them coming under the rule of the Ui Briuin Seola in the 8th century or so - perhaps you can change that.

Release is planned for tonight, possibly tomorrow morning depending.

Last edited:
Any news? I was hoping it'd release yesterday

Things are progressing nicely. I literally just came back to the team, but I know we're close enough to release that I'm only adding to the next one.

But remember, even if you've got a feature-complete, stable dev copy, the final polishing, removal of testing decisions/events, and packaging/uploading can take a day or two - and I'm not saying we're 100% feature-complete, as I don't know exactly what from the to-do list is getting pushed to next release, and what is getting buttoned up for this one.

(Also, I gave DC some minor-bug fixing homework last night, so blame me for at least a couple hours of the lag.)

EDIT: basically ninja'd.

Kingdom of Ulaidh
Finally, we come to the Kingdom of Ulaidh, according to legend split de facto between three factions since the burning of Emain Macha by the Airgialla and the invasions of the Ui Neill. The de facto independent realm situation should look quite familiar, but we have far and away fleshed out the province and vassal setup.
BHqdt5a.jpg
Mk70rH2.jpg

In the rump state of Ulaidh proper, the dominant dynasties are as before the Dal Fiatiach and Dal nAraidi. However, we've fleshed it out with several more branches of each dynasty, including the Ui Echach Arda near Strangford Loch of the Dal Fiatiach and the confusingly named, unrelated Ui Echach Cobo, a branch of the Dal nAraidi ruling its own overkingdom. There's also another small kingdom of the Ciannachta far to the north, to complement the Luighne and Gailenga in Connacht.
K2HBv1l.jpg
n3Ntvqe.jpg
DOCdcdX.jpg

Airgialla at this point was a vast kingdom stretching all the way to Lough Foyle, yet to be reduced by the Ui Neill, and was a confederation of many different tribes, almost all claiming descent from one or another of the Three Collas. Previously this was not really reflected, but now there the overkingdom spans over 9 different tribes, including the ruling Ui Cremthainn. Besides the Ui Cremthainn, who mostly dominated the kingdom for much of its existence, other notable tribes include the Ui Niallain (not to be confused with the Ui Neill), who controlled Armagh, the ecclesiastical centre of Ireland. Surely the ones with power over the spiritual lives of the Irish should be those ruling over their secular lives as well.
kH5dKIM.jpg
1XbDPsB.jpg

Finally, coming to the west we have the kingdoms of Ailigh and Tir Chonaill, the realms of the Cenel Eogain and Cenel Conaill, respectively. Several more branches of each tribe have been added, such as the Cenel Boghaine of Tir Chonaill and the Cenel Fergusa of Ailigh. In the south of Tir Chonaill, at the Briefne border, lies the small realm of the most minor and obscure branch of the Ui Neill - the Cenel Enda, descendants of Endae mac Niall. Should you successfully unite the tribes of the Northern Ui Neill and subjugate much of northern Airgialla, pushing all the way to the River Bann to replicate the historical conquests, you'll be able to create your own provincial kingdom to challenge that of the original Ulaidh - In Fochla, the North (not to be confused with the modern Northern Ireland :p )
vndtFLe.jpg
xJOyQh4.jpg
keRbKQG.jpg

And since I know this is what you're really waiting for, I can tell you that the release of 1.5.0 is imminent.

Last edited:
Version 1.5.0 Released!

Download Link: Version 1.5.0 - The Winter King - Compatible with CK2 2.7.1
Checksum: WJKK

Changelog:​
- Updated for CK2 2.7.1
- Ported Benedictines and Nestorian monastic Orders from vanilla, added Culdees, Arian, Manichean monastic orders
- Secret Pagan religions also still obey cultural restrictions
- Government Overhaul
- Added Sub-Roman, Sub-Roman Brythonic, Germanic, and High Tribal governments
- Removed obsolete "Culture" laws
- Tied Conclave Administration laws to the appropriate governments
- Extended Tribal Organization Law to 7 categories and spread out effects
- Raising Tribal Organization now costs prestige
- Temples no longer have a chance to be created when adopting a feudal government, and cities now have a chance to appear depending on the level of the tribal holding market town building chain
- Added decisions for adopting Sub-Roman/Sub-Roman Brythonic and Germanic governments for High Tribals, with various requirements depending on culture
- Extended Tribal building chains for High Tribals, but nerfed Raise Tribal Army decision for them
- Added Roman Fort building chain for Tribal holdings in the former WRE
- Tribal rulers can now raise levies from their vassals at high Tribal Organization when Conclave is enabled
- Merged Ancient Religions v0.40.1 "Krios"
- Added a variety of Roman flavour events
- Adapted execution methods for time period and cultures
- Disabled Settle Tribe job action for tribals (replaced by feudal collect taxes for now)
- Added Roman Fever (malaria) as an epidemic disease
- Blocked Old Frisian or Old Saxon being converted to other Ingaevonic cultures in their "home areas"
- Decentralization and Military Skill modifiers now also affect minimum vassal levies
- Added Creation of East Anglia event and event to give vassal mercenary company to East Anglia
- The Frankish Invasion of Toulouse and Visigothic Reconquests now also handover tributaries in the appropriate areas (if HL is enabled)
- Vassal Irish Dukes are now localised as Kings as well
- British foederati are now tributaries rather than vassals (will convert to vassals upon death if HL is not enabled)
- Added Revoke Foederati Status decision for Foederate Employers
- Foederate trait now gives a flat +1 gold per month, and vice versa for Foederate Employer trait
- Can no longer revoke titles through plots if your laws prevent you from revoking titles
- Removed Celtic/Germanic pagan religion traits and merged opinion effects from having a "similar" pagan religion into religion character modifiers
- Converted the Thirteen Treasures of Britain (including Excalibur) into artifacts
- Added the Halter of Eiddyn as one of the Thirteen Treasures, as in the books and traditional lists
- Increased requirements for non-de jure subjugation cb
- De jure claim cb can now only be used on a province neighbouring your realm, or for provinces one sea tile away for unconnected islands
- Attempted to nerf epidemics (again)
- Added notification events for Britannia/Aenglaland being claimed, the response of the other kings, and the outcome of wars for relevant but not directly involved characters
- Ported Hellenic Reformation and Sacrifice decisions from Project Augustus
- Hellenic Pagan Reformed is one of the Hellenic Pagan reformation paths, and is essentially Hellenic Paganism after Restoring the Pontificate in previous versions
- Sol Invictus is the other Hellenic Pagan reformation path, and instead creates a seperate, theocratic religious head
- Frankish War Halls can now also be built on Imperial culture group provinces
- Enabled Council Authority Laws for all characters
- The Burgundian and Visigothic vassal company heads are now have the title "Captain" instead of "High Chief"
- AI is now less likely to declare completely hopeless independence faction revolts
- Foederati now cannot declare county conquest wars
- De jure county claim wars now also require the attacker to have at least 200 prestige
- Court Druid is now marked as an "important" honorary title, with notifications for not having one (if applicable)
- Adjusted event ancrel.0205 to give scaled wealth to avoid being extremely overpowered for tribals
- Added a vassal mercenary company for (Kingdom of) Essex
- Significantly buffed Bernicia rising from North Angle foederati settlement
- The Wolftails event now makes Derfel and Arthur friends
- A player-controlled Uther now receives the same health maluses as the AI
- The cultural reconquest cb now requires 400 prestige to use and costs 75 prestige

- Seperated East Anglia into a seperate title from Anglia
- Adjusted the Roman Reconquest of Aquitania de jure events to take Aquitania Prima as a whole
- Added decision to create the Danish March
- Added formable kingdom of Baskonia and High Kingdom of Akitania for the Vasconians, which have associated de jure changes
- Complete Ireland province and duchy overhaul
- Added formable Kingdom of In Fochla (i.e. Northern Ui Neill), with associated de jure changes
- The Kingdom of Gwinntguic now has an associated de jure change when created
- Made Old Frisian into a melting pot for Old Saxon, Angle, Jute, and Old Norse cultures in Frisia after 500
- Split Frankish culture into Old Frankish and Frankish cultures, transitioning around 650
- Added Dutch and Franconian cultures (arising from Frankish around 800) and French, Occitan, and Arpitan cultures (arising from Romano-Gallics ruled by Franks around 800)
- Split Alemannic and Thuringian cultures into Old and "New" versions, with corresponding culture shift events around 750

- Morgan is now disfigured rather than ugly
- Changed Arthur's family's death reason to disappearing without a trace
- Diwrnach the Bloody is now a cannibal
- Added the Ferreoli in Rutenia
- The Visigoths are now settled in Aquitania in 418
- Added temporary Visigothic occupation of the Garonne valley in 412-415
- Added Priscus Attalus as a (Visigothic puppet) Gallic usurper in 414
- Added Romano-Aquitanian and Vasconian culture
- Expanded the families of many (fictional) characters in Gaul
- Hamaland and Salland are now Saxon from 450 onwards
- Toxandria and the Lower Rhine is now Saxon in 479
- Frisia is now a mix of Old Saxon, Angle, Jute, and a bit of Old Norse before 520
- Added the Saxons of West Kent
- Added the Ui Mail, Uí Bairrche, Ui Failghe, Ui Enechglais, Loigis, and Fotharta in Leinster
- Added the Deisi Mumhan, Eóganacht Locha Léin, Corcu Loigde, Muscraighe, Eoganacht Raithleann, Corcu Duibne, Ciarraige Luachra, Ui Fidgenti, Corcu Baiscind, Corcu Mruad, Deisi Tuiscert, Uaithne, Eile, Eóganacht Áine, Eóganacht Airthir Cliach, and Ui Duach in Munster
- Added the Ciannachta, Gailenga, Luighne (in earlier starts), Cenél Fiachach, Cenél Coirpri, and Cenél Maini in Midhe
- Added the Ui Maine, Soghaine, Delbhna, Conmhaicne, Ui Mhaill, Ui Amalgada, Ui nAilello, Luighne Connacht, Gailenga Connacht, Ciarraige Ai, Dartraighe, Masraige in Connacht
- Added the Ui Nialláin, Uí Bresail, Fir Rois, Ui Thuirtri, Dartraighe Coininnsi, Mugdorna, Uí Fiachrach Arda Srátha, Uí Mac Carthainn, Uí Echach Arda, Conaille Muirtheimhne, Ui Echach Cobo, Dal mBuinne, Ciannachta Glinne Gemin, Cenel Enda in Ulaidh
- Broke up the Mac Earca dynasty of Dalriata into cadet branches
- Added a Blood of Conn Cethathach trait
- Significantly revised the religious setup of Ireland
- Talgarth is now Pelagian until 510
- Ystrad Clud's vassal mercenary is now Cumbrian
- Added alliances between Uther (Dumnonia) and Tewdric (Gwent); Gorfyddyd (Powys) and Gundleus (Siluria); and the four Merovingian kings at start
- Added a brother to Tewdric (historical rather than book character)
- Fixed Llwyfenydd and Rhufeinig having their histories swapped
- King Gundobad of Burgundy now starts with some event troops and a NAP with Clovis
- Added bastard trait to the founding ancestors of each of the main Anglo-Saxon dynasties to prevent them from inheriting each other

- Added Aquitania Tertia
- Fixed the Adour and its tributaries
- Added the Gave de Pau as a navigable river
- Added the Mälaren and the Hjälmaren
- Added mountain wasteland in Norway
- Added the Shannon and the Bann as navigable rivers (including their lakes)
- Complete province, duchy, and history overhaul in Ireland
- Moved Gaelic holy site from Latharna to (new province of) Uisneach
- Moved Hellenic holy site from Ynys Trebes to Treverorum

Notes:
  • This is the compatch for 2.7.1/Monks and Mystics. Most Monks and Mystics/2.7.1 patch features, such as the secret religion system, monastic orders, artifacts, and the Hermetics have been ported and should be fully functional, with some adaptations to better fit the scale and time period, and mod religions. There are no Demon Worshipper cults, as we feel they do not fit the time period or the mod at all. They may return in another form at some point. The only new artifacts added so far are the Thirteen Treasures of Britain; we'd love to hear suggestions for others.
  • This version is not compatible with any savegames started in versions 1.4.x. It might load but will probably have lots of problems, and we highly recommend you start a new game.
  • As before, DO NOT enable the The Winter King - Portraits submod unless you have all of the required portrait packs (Celtic, Norse, Mongol, and Early Western Portraits), as otherwise you will face graphical issues.
  • While the new foederati system will work without Horse Lords, it functions best with tributaries enabled, so Horse Lords is recommended. Note that tributaries are likely to be increasingly used going forwards, so this recommendation will be increasingly important.
  • As usual, if you see any bugs, balance issues, or just weird behavior please feel free to report them so we can investigate and fix them.

Version 1.5.0 Released!

Download Link: Version 1.5.0 - The Winter King - Compatible with CK2 2.7.1
Checksum: WJKK

Changelog:​
- Updated for CK2 2.7.1
- Ported Benedictines and Nestorian monastic Orders from vanilla, added Culdees, Arian, Manichean monastic orders
- Secret Pagan religions also still obey cultural restrictions
- Government Overhaul
- Added Sub-Roman, Sub-Roman Brythonic, Germanic, and High Tribal governments
- Removed obsolete "Culture" laws
- Tied Conclave Administration laws to the appropriate governments
- Extended Tribal Organization Law to 7 categories and spread out effects
- Raising Tribal Organization now costs prestige
- Temples no longer have a chance to be created when adopting a feudal government, and cities now have a chance to appear depending on the level of the tribal holding market town building chain
- Added decisions for adopting Sub-Roman/Sub-Roman Brythonic and Germanic governments for High Tribals, with various requirements depending on culture
- Extended Tribal building chains for High Tribals, but nerfed Raise Tribal Army decision for them
- Added Roman Fort building chain for Tribal holdings in the former WRE
- Tribal rulers can now raise levies from their vassals at high Tribal Organization when Conclave is enabled
- Merged Ancient Religions v0.40.1 "Krios"
- Added a variety of Roman flavour events
- Adapted execution methods for time period and cultures
- Disabled Settle Tribe job action for tribals (replaced by feudal collect taxes for now)
- Added Roman Fever (malaria) as an epidemic disease
- Blocked Old Frisian or Old Saxon being converted to other Ingaevonic cultures in their "home areas"
- Decentralization and Military Skill modifiers now also affect minimum vassal levies
- Added Creation of East Anglia event and event to give vassal mercenary company to East Anglia
- The Frankish Invasion of Toulouse and Visigothic Reconquests now also handover tributaries in the appropriate areas (if HL is enabled)
- Vassal Irish Dukes are now localised as Kings as well
- British foederati are now tributaries rather than vassals (will convert to vassals upon death if HL is not enabled)
- Added Revoke Foederati Status decision for Foederate Employers
- Foederate trait now gives a flat +1 gold per month, and vice versa for Foederate Employer trait
- Can no longer revoke titles through plots if your laws prevent you from revoking titles
- Removed Celtic/Germanic pagan religion traits and merged opinion effects from having a "similar" pagan religion into religion character modifiers
- Converted the Thirteen Treasures of Britain (including Excalibur) into artifacts
- Added the Halter of Eiddyn as one of the Thirteen Treasures, as in the books and traditional lists
- Increased requirements for non-de jure subjugation cb
- De jure claim cb can now only be used on a province neighbouring your realm, or for provinces one sea tile away for unconnected islands
- Attempted to nerf epidemics (again)
- Added notification events for Britannia/Aenglaland being claimed, the response of the other kings, and the outcome of wars for relevant but not directly involved characters
- Ported Hellenic Reformation and Sacrifice decisions from Project Augustus
- Hellenic Pagan Reformed is one of the Hellenic Pagan reformation paths, and is essentially Hellenic Paganism after Restoring the Pontificate in previous versions
- Sol Invictus is the other Hellenic Pagan reformation path, and instead creates a seperate, theocratic religious head
- Frankish War Halls can now also be built on Imperial culture group provinces
- Enabled Council Authority Laws for all characters
- The Burgundian and Visigothic vassal company heads are now have the title "Captain" instead of "High Chief"
- AI is now less likely to declare completely hopeless independence faction revolts
- Foederati now cannot declare county conquest wars
- De jure county claim wars now also require the attacker to have at least 200 prestige
- Court Druid is now marked as an "important" honorary title, with notifications for not having one (if applicable)
- Adjusted event ancrel.0205 to give scaled wealth to avoid being extremely overpowered for tribals
- Added a vassal mercenary company for (Kingdom of) Essex
- Significantly buffed Bernicia rising from North Angle foederati settlement
- The Wolftails event now makes Derfel and Arthur friends
- A player-controlled Uther now receives the same health maluses as the AI
- The cultural reconquest cb now requires 400 prestige to use and costs 75 prestige

- Seperated East Anglia into a seperate title from Anglia
- Adjusted the Roman Reconquest of Aquitania de jure events to take Aquitania Prima as a whole
- Added decision to create the Danish March
- Added formable kingdom of Baskonia and High Kingdom of Akitania for the Vasconians, which have associated de jure changes
- Complete Ireland province and duchy overhaul
- Added formable Kingdom of In Fochla (i.e. Northern Ui Neill), with associated de jure changes
- The Kingdom of Gwinntguic now has an associated de jure change when created
- Made Old Frisian into a melting pot for Old Saxon, Angle, Jute, and Old Norse cultures in Frisia after 500
- Split Frankish culture into Old Frankish and Frankish cultures, transitioning around 650
- Added Dutch and Franconian cultures (arising from Frankish around 800) and French, Occitan, and Arpitan cultures (arising from Romano-Gallics ruled by Franks around 800)
- Split Alemannic and Thuringian cultures into Old and "New" versions, with corresponding culture shift events around 750

- Morgan is now disfigured rather than ugly
- Changed Arthur's family's death reason to disappearing without a trace
- Diwrnach the Bloody is now a cannibal
- Added the Ferreoli in Rutenia
- The Visigoths are now settled in Aquitania in 418
- Added temporary Visigothic occupation of the Garonne valley in 412-415
- Added Priscus Attalus as a (Visigothic puppet) Gallic usurper in 414
- Added Romano-Aquitanian and Vasconian culture
- Expanded the families of many (fictional) characters in Gaul
- Hamaland and Salland are now Saxon from 450 onwards
- Toxandria and the Lower Rhine is now Saxon in 479
- Frisia is now a mix of Old Saxon, Angle, Jute, and a bit of Old Norse before 520
- Added the Saxons of West Kent
- Added the Ui Mail, Uí Bairrche, Ui Failghe, Ui Enechglais, Loigis, and Fotharta in Leinster
- Added the Deisi Mumhan, Eóganacht Locha Léin, Corcu Loigde, Muscraighe, Eoganacht Raithleann, Corcu Duibne, Ciarraige Luachra, Ui Fidgenti, Corcu Baiscind, Corcu Mruad, Deisi Tuiscert, Uaithne, Eile, Eóganacht Áine, Eóganacht Airthir Cliach, and Ui Duach in Munster
- Added the Ciannachta, Gailenga, Luighne (in earlier starts), Cenél Fiachach, Cenél Coirpri, and Cenél Maini in Midhe
- Added the Ui Maine, Soghaine, Delbhna, Conmhaicne, Ui Mhaill, Ui Amalgada, Ui nAilello, Luighne Connacht, Gailenga Connacht, Ciarraige Ai, Dartraighe, Masraige in Connacht
- Added the Ui Nialláin, Uí Bresail, Fir Rois, Ui Thuirtri, Dartraighe Coininnsi, Mugdorna, Uí Fiachrach Arda Srátha, Uí Mac Carthainn, Uí Echach Arda, Conaille Muirtheimhne, Ui Echach Cobo, Dal mBuinne, Ciannachta Glinne Gemin, Cenel Enda in Ulaidh
- Broke up the Mac Earca dynasty of Dalriata into cadet branches
- Added a Blood of Conn Cethathach trait
- Significantly revised the religious setup of Ireland
- Talgarth is now Pelagian until 510
- Ystrad Clud's vassal mercenary is now Cumbrian
- Added alliances between Uther (Dumnonia) and Tewdric (Gwent); Gorfyddyd (Powys) and Gundleus (Siluria); and the four Merovingian kings at start
- Added a brother to Tewdric (historical rather than book character)
- Fixed Llwyfenydd and Rhufeinig having their histories swapped
- King Gundobad of Burgundy now starts with some event troops and a NAP with Clovis
- Added bastard trait to the founding ancestors of each of the main Anglo-Saxon dynasties to prevent them from inheriting each other

- Added Aquitania Tertia
- Fixed the Adour and its tributaries
- Added the Gave de Pau as a navigable river
- Added the Mälaren and the Hjälmaren
- Added mountain wasteland in Norway
- Added the Shannon and the Bann as navigable rivers (including their lakes)
- Complete province, duchy, and history overhaul in Ireland
- Moved Gaelic holy site from Latharna to (new province of) Uisneach
- Moved Hellenic holy site from Ynys Trebes to Treverorum

Notes:
  • This is the compatch for 2.7.1/Monks and Mystics. Most Monks and Mystics/2.7.1 patch features, such as the secret religion system, monastic orders, artifacts, and the Hermetics have been ported and should be fully functional, with some adaptations to better fit the scale and time period, and mod religions. There are no Demon Worshipper cults, as we feel they do not fit the time period or the mod at all. They may return in another form at some point. The only new artifacts added so far are the Thirteen Treasures of Britain; we'd love to hear suggestions for others.
  • This version is not compatible with any savegames started in versions 1.4.x. It might load but will probably have lots of problems, and we highly recommend you start a new game.
  • As before, DO NOT enable the The Winter King - Portraits submod unless you have all of the required portrait packs (Celtic, Norse, Mongol, and Early Western Portraits), as otherwise you will face graphical issues.
  • While the new foederati system will work without Horse Lords, it functions best with tributaries enabled, so Horse Lords is recommended. Note that tributaries are likely to be increasingly used going forwards, so this recommendation will be increasingly important.
  • As usual, if you see any bugs, balance issues, or just weird behavior please feel free to report them so we can investigate and fix them.

WOOO great job team! BTW this version is actually compatible with the CPR portrait mods on steam, so all my characters look beautiful! So download it too make this already great mod more great! Edit: BTW did anything new get added into the 410 bookmark i remember something vaguely about Atillas invasion but i don't see anything in the patch notes so iam just wondering if its worth giving it a go.

BTW did anything new get added into the 410 bookmark i remember something vaguely about Atillas invasion but i don't see anything in the patch notes so iam just wondering if its worth giving it a go.

On Attila specifically, nope, not yet. We'll need to add, if nothing else, demesne provinces for Aetius before any Attila event - and I think those would probably have to be further southeast than the map currently extends. But if you see a 40 martial/40 intrigue Romanized Barbarian general, that's your man. (Or, that's Stilicho's corpse. Late antiquity was intense.)