• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
are you going to do anything involving the viking invasions ?

Nothing has changed about the Viking Invasions, except that the de jure titles in Britannia have been adjusted to the new map (which itself was partially motivated by wanting a more accurate Norse de jure setup).

Reactions:
Nothing has changed about the Viking Invasions, except that the de jure titles in Britannia have been adjusted to the new map (which itself was partially motivated by wanting a more accurate Norse de jure setup).

On that topic, are the cultures gonna be more of a displacement deal like the Sais, or a melting pot? Maybe if there are Celts there, it displaces them with Norse, but if the Anglo-Saxons are there, it turns into Anglo-Norse?

Reactions:
On that topic, are the cultures gonna be more of a displacement deal like the Sais, or a melting pot? Maybe if there are Celts there, it displaces them with Norse, but if the Anglo-Saxons are there, it turns into Anglo-Norse?

An Anglo-Norse melting pot would probably make sense for the Danelaw, yes.

Update: As you may know, we finished compatching for 2.6.1.1/RIP a while ago, and all the features that we've added are just about finished. However, there's a bug with 2.6.1.1 that shows up significantly in the mod, and we're kind of hesitant to release the mod with the bug still there. However, it's been confirmed that the bug has been fixed (hopefully for 2.6.2), so we'll most likely be able to release shortly after CK2 2.6.2 is released.

Don't worry, we've been using the extra time well; as it turns out, I actually lied when I said that Svealand wasn't going to be added this patch. :p

Last edited:
Reactions:
Update: As you may know, we finished compatching for 2.6.1.1/RIP a while ago, and all the features that we've added are just about finished. However, there's a bug with 2.6.1.1 that shows up significantly in the mod, and we're kind of hesitant to release the mod with the bug still there. However, it's been confirmed that the bug has been fixed (hopefully for 2.6.2), so we'll most likely be able to release shortly after CK2 2.6.2 is released.

What was the major bug from vanilla? Also, woot new update soon!

This. As you can imagine, with the amount of titular titles we have this has the potential to get messy.

Oh so /that's/ why mercs kept usurping my Empire title! Bloody hell that's horrible, well time to go into the code and raise the value of the title to 10000 gold to make it impossible to take until I get some dejure drift going, thank you so much for informing me of this issue!

Don't worry, we've been using the extra time well; as it turns out, I actually lied when I said that Svealand wasn't going to be added this patch. :p
Could you post the cultural map for this?

Illyria was conquered by the ERE in 535 at the start of the Gothic War, so that wouldn't work. Before that all the on-map parts were part of the Ostrogoths/Odacer's Kingdom/WRE.
what about Albania? or is that to far to the south?

It's all the same culture, namely Proto-Norse (named Old Norse in-game), the ancestors of the Norsemen.
Why? Shouldn't there at least be a difference between Swedes, Geats and Danes? Also, Jutes in Jutland would make sense

Why? Shouldn't there at least be a difference between Swedes, Geats and Danes? Also, Jutes in Jutland would make sense

Well most of their differences probably haven't solidified yet, and in vanilla the same thing happens where all of the Nordic states are just 'Norse' till they break up later on.

Well most of their differences probably haven't solidified yet, and in vanilla the same thing happens where all of the Nordic states are just 'Norse' till they break up later on.

Basically this. Jutes are a separate culture, but they're the Ingaevonic Jutes that founded Kent. By 479 they're all gone from Jutland.

Reactions:
Is there an ETA for the new version? Is there a public beta?

Reminds me...
The response on the AGOT forum on such question is:
SinStar87 wrote:
IIRC, ninja said he doubles the release delay whenever anyone posts this question.

I think that's a good idea, especially when the information on the two questions is more or less available on the two previous pages ....
SinStar87 even made a little mod for this and released it on the Workshop. Brilliant. :cool:

Just my 2cents. :D

Reactions:

The release day of 2.6.2 + 2-3 days.
There is no official public beta, but if you really want to you can find our SVN Repository on Sourceforge. Alternatively, if you'd like to be a tester we'd be more than happy to take you in. :)

Reactions: